QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

I used to do this before every season, but haven't in quite a few years. As it stands today, these are my quarterback tiers:

Tier 1:

Mahomes
Rodgers

Tier 1a:

Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Tom Brady
Joe Burrow

Tier 2:

Lamar Jackson
Dak Prescott
Matthew Stafford
Russell Wilson

Tier 3:

Derek Carr
Kirk Cousins
Matt Ryan

Tier 4:

Jalen Hurts
Kyler Murray
Jameis Winston

Tier 5:

Ryan Tannehill
Jared Goff
Tua Tagovailoa
Trevor Lawrence
Baker Mayfield

Tier 6:

Mac Jones
Justin Fields
Zach Wilson
Jacoby Brissett
Carson Wentz
Davis Mills
Daniel Jones
Geno Smith
Mitch Trubisky
Trey Lance
Marcus Mariota

I got hella lazy towards the end. :lol:

Last edited:
46F51ABD-824C-41AE-83CE-0B0BCBDF1ABF.jpeg

Since 2015, Russell Wilson has gone 3-5 in the playoffs despite having the 3rd, 14th, 11th, 22nd, 15th and 12th ranked defenses in that span.

In 2 of those 3 wins, the Seahawks faced Teddy Bridgewater and Josh McCown, the Seahawk defense allowed 18 total points in those 2 games while Russell Wilson averaged 55 comp%, 234 yards with 2 total TDs, 1 INT and an 86 QB Rating.

So, kinda unrelated, but kinda relevant to the post above mine.......kinda odd that Seattle tried to trade Russ in 2018, before actually doin it in 2022. I wonder if they honestly truly wanted Josh or that was a smoke screen for Baker, or what the deal was.

Allen is something else right now. would love to see/read more about the work he puts in during the offseason on mechanics and footwork. the accuracy has improved even more

By the product of coverage and a lot starters not playing in the preseason.

The NFL has different modes, they will emphasize pass interference/holding and passing should go up til the playoffs.

That was my initial thought as well. Someone in the comments pointed to everyone playing 2 High now which is also interesting.

- Geno :smokin

- I thought last season was a write-off for Trevor, so I don't know how to interpret this season from him, but k3stacks k3stacks been leading the brigade and I suppose it's time to put Trevor under the microscope of mediocrity. I'm not quite there yet, given above, but you look at that fumble Etienne has in the redzone...it never happens if Lawrence makes a routine TD pass the play before.

- Lamar looked good as an RB....

- PJ Walker was Rhule's guy at Temple...I guess he's better off without him, too.

- In the "I still root for" Bowl...Tanne and Ryan are dunzo...but 1 of them will have to win the division so hopefully for them, Henry and/or Taylor stay healthy.

- Burrow....he's Joe Cool reincarnated....maybe, but that receiver trio is unbelievable.

- Giants 6-1, but you can't teach clumsy....Jones had another possible break for a TD, but apparently if you whisper at his feet, he's sure to fall.

- Speaking of whispers....A round of Heinicken anyone? He's a prayer, a hold-your-breath-as-you're-driving-past-a-graveyard kinda Q. I dig it.

- Y'all should've chilled on Herbert. Issues right now placed on Staley, but he ain't helping.

- Mahomes was Mahomes...Jimmy...well, he's still Jimmy.

Sooooooo, Tom Brady is back.

And, well.......here is his 2022 matchups.......

Lamar Jackson
Dak
Joe Burrow
Aaron Rodgers
Pat Mahomes
Matt Stafford
Kyler Murray
And possibly Deshaun Watson twice (if he goes to the Falcons or Saints, either way)

Matt Ryan could also be in there once or twice.

That is a very interesting schedule of teams/QB's for what may be his final run.

👀

I guess I should have added PJ Walker and Mitch Trubisky, but...... 😬

Back
Top Bottom