Positive Male Influence Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait you guys moms are black belts that taught ya'll how to fight too?  Wow these women are amazing!

It wasn't important for my mother to teach me how to fight. I did take a Tai Kwon Do class a long time ago and do some Muay Thai for leisure but I haven't had a reason to physically fight anyone in a long time. If this is the most important thing you have learned during your upbringing, I don't know what to tell you bro.

I rather teach my kid how to think than how to fight. Dude over here acting like every dad is a certified Kravmaga expert.

^^^Word it's a build up from a lot of previous interactions people have had with him. I've seen dude use having a father as a reason why he's better than someone else that didn't have a father in a completely unrelated thread. I mean I love my mom but you don't see me making fun of people whose mothers may be absent drug addicts.
Stephen A. Smith: "So disrespectful".
He did it to me in some random thread and here he asked me if I was jealous of him having a father figure
roll.gif

If learning to fight is so important you can take up boxing....you don't need a dad or mom for that...
or you can just ask pops how to throw them hands

mayweathersnr460276.jpg

Some Things only a Positive Male can only teach a boy

- How to be strong in public and sensitive around his woman

- How to be a leader of a family but still show your partner respect

- How to control your testosterone and when/where to use it

- How to fight and to realize that fighting is for self defense not being a thug

- How to interact within male dominated environments - body language that demands respect, changing the way he talks, being aware of certain situations

- To know the difference between being the butt of a joke and being bullied. And how to react in a positive manner.

- To know the difference between being a bully and simply having fun with jokes or light physical behavior

- How to develop traits to attract the opposite sex

- The ins and outs of male dominated activities - sports, fishing, automobiles, home repair, etc.  (Yes women do have this knowledge but it is not common)

- And most importantly HOW TO BE A GOOD FATHER by being a living breathing example

- How to carry yourself with respect and be positive AND still be respected by your peers
mean.gif
   So you are saying what I already said?

Last edited:
Stop it fam.

My mom never taught me a thing about fighting besides "if someone hits you, hit them back" and "they better look worst than you did walking in this house with a lump on your face". That was all I ever needed growing up. I fought when I was younger. Won some, lost some. Never ran or backed down, all because of what my mother, a woman, taught me.

What if you ask your pops to teach you how to fight, but he grew up without a father? By your logic, said father would be a pansy and inept at teaching his son about defense. Would his lessons be more valued than my mother's because she lacks a penis? :lol:

Stayed away from this cuz I didn't really give a damb and when I saw it jump this many pages I figured where it probably went given the tone of the OP.

I will say there are things mentioned my father taught me and other things he didn't and I learned from others or own my own. Same thing goes for my mother as far as things mentioned in this thread that she taught me. I agree that fathers should be in their children's lives but taking these extreme views and bringing these flawed arguments to the table are a waste of time.

I dunno what it is but some of this **** going on in NT General as of late is just tired and lame.

When ksteezy said he wouldn't save his pops frm dying I lost alot of respect for dude .Thats pathetic b

Oh iBlink is another member of the "My mom" club.

Go make a dry macaroni picture for her that says "I love you" or something.  We not talking about what your Mom didn't do we are talking about what a positive male can add

Last edited:
When ksteezy said he wouldn't save his pops frm dying I lost alot of respect for dude .Thats pathetic b
Yea that was a wild comment he made. I don't care of his, "I am fine and wouldn't want to mess up my current state" comment. That was a wild comment man.

Positive Male thread gets derailed by cheetah toms and mister politically correct sounds about right .Both work in the medical field and both derail and make threads about themselves .

Fam I really don't know what I would do...but I cant lie to myself and say I would jump at that opportunity, because I lost my dad before I even go a chance to know him and his death had a direct effect on here me as moms ended up which is in much better position to help each other and family back home....

Maybe if he had died when I was much older and actually had a relationship with him, perhaps I'd think differently, but I lost him when I was 1

Positive Male thread gets derailed by cheetah toms and mister politically correct sounds about right .Both work in the medical field and both derail and make threads about themselves .

Yea everyone complains about political correctedness till someone calls them the NWORD. You guys would be the first ones crying for the NAACP. GTHOHWTBS :rofl:

It's only being too politically incorrect when you are not the one being offended.

Fam I really don't know what I would do...but I cant lie to myself and say I would jump at that opportunity, because I lost my dad before I even go a chance to know him and his death had a direct effect on here me as moms ended up which is in much better position to help each other and family back home....
Maybe if he had died when I was much older and actually had a relationship with him, perhaps I'd think differently, but I lost him when I was 1
My dude as an adult you don't wonder would you have been different if you had a dad .You think your mom working extremely hard to make ends meet wouldn't have changed if you had a dad in your household ,think you would have done some of the dumb stuff in the past if you had somebody helping you and showing you how to do things.

Some actually understood what I meant, it seems its always the same NTer taking offense to everything I say :lol:

And there go the cheetah print toms mention :lol:

You are misconstruing his statement famb. As outlandish as it may sound at first, you have to look at the context.

You're looking at a strictly positive scenario that would have occurred had his father been alive. When all he was saying is he doesn't know whether that outcome would have been positive or negative.

Stop it fam.
My mom never taught me a thing about fighting besides "if someone hits you, hit them back" and "they better look worst than you did walking in this house with a lump on your face". That was all I ever needed growing up. I fought when I was younger. Won some, lost some. Never ran or backed down, all because of what my mother, a woman, taught me.
What if you ask your pops to teach you how to fight, but he grew up without a father? By your logic, said father would be a pansy and inept at teaching his son about defense. Would his lessons be more valued than my mother's because she lacks a penis? :lol:

This is an important point cause if fighting AND winning was more important why not just go see a professional. Dudes are acting like every father is a certified MMA trainer. Some people lose, some people win most of the time it has nothing to do with the fighting techniques your father taught you unless your dad is a world class fighter and you dedicated your life to it and practiced every day. Most people don't have the luxury of getting fighting lessons from their dad's on a daily basis.

dudes gettin they dander up behind a hypothetical.

and lawd if I have to hear about these damn red pants again... every thread.
mean.gif

My dude as an adult you don't wonder would you have been different if you had a dad .You think your mom working extremely hard to make ends meet wouldn't have changed if you had a dad in your household ,think you would have done some of the dumb stuff in the past if you had somebody helping you and showing you how to do things.

The only thing I know is that as a result of his death, my mom put on her cape and became superwoman....this lady knew it was game time, left Colombia and came to the states, that was the defining moment in not only my life but hers and our immediate family....I've had this convo with her in the past and she feels the same way, she knows that tragedy forged our positive future and perhaps if he was still around we would be a complete family but struggling for sure back home like all their other friend growing up....perhaps I would have joined some gang like a lot of my elementary school friends did and be dead or in a wheelchair, all I know is that as sad as it sounds a reality where I have my dad but I'm stuck in Colombia seems grim as hell and it scares me.

dudes gettin they dander up behind a hypothetical.

and lawd if I have to hear about these damn red pants again... every thread.:smh:

Can this be proof that NT is the one infatuated with always finding a way to bring that up and not me?...thank you :smile:

When I think back on it I had 4 important positive male figures in my life.My coach in middle school he made me work out and take pride in my appearance and instilled in me a sense of pride indirection because I was a delinquent and a slacker ,Darren a senior class mate in high school we had gym period together and he boxed and taught me the fundamentals of boxing and conditioning reason why I still box and took up bjj today .Mr,Jeffery he was Tim wise In teacher form first teacher that respected my intellect and taught me how to play chess properly learned alot from him cool thing was he was the guy who found out Kim Jong il dad died first he actually translated it and heard it first .My good friend Jehril guy went from thug to going to Texas AM he had a dream and a drive to succeed he won national awards for his business plans in Deca guy was formidable and witty .one of three people who could beat me in chess.

When I think back on it I had 4 important positive male figures in my life.My coach in middle school he made me work out and take pride in my appearance and instilled in me a sense of pride indirection because I was a delinquent and a slacker ,Darren a senior class mate in high school we had gym period together and he boxed and taught me the fundamentals of boxing and conditioning reason why I still box and took up bjj today .Mr,Jeffery he was Tim wise In teacher form first teacher that respected my intellect and taught me how to play chess properly learned alot from him cool thing was he was the guy who found out Kim Jong il dad died first he actually translated it and heard it first .My good friend Jehril guy went from thug to going to Texas AM he had a dream and a drive to succeed he won national awards for his business plans in Deca guy was formidable and witty .one of three people who could beat me in chess.
pimp.gif

What if you ask your pops to teach you how to fight, but he grew up without a father? By your logic, said father would be a pansy and inept at teaching his son about defense. Would his lessons be more valued than my mother's because she lacks a penis?
laugh.gif
If my father didn't know how to fight when he was younger I would hope we would've learned from someone else as an adult.   Then once he had that knowledge he would pass it down to me.  If he choose to never learn then I would be SOL. But I can't relate to that problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom