Positive Male Influence Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even trying to be disrespectful man.  This is a very sensitive subject but to say she wasn't part of the problem is very naive.  I don't know her or her personality but if these men were so horrible then you have to realize she chose to marry them.  Thats somewhat of a reflection of her.

My mother was young when she married these men and the marriage didn't last long. Regardless, she was only what she felt was best for us at times. But that never discredit who she is and what she become.

that's good and all, famb....
but the thing is, this is a thread about positive male appreciation...
and people came in saying things about momb dukes....
if there was a thread about female influence appreciation... the fathers would only be brought up to be lamented....
women are ALWAYS praised... all the time... fathers never get the due dillagence... and not eem fathers... just male influences in general.

That's cool and all, but OPs intentions was more to say "I had a father, I'm more of a man than those who didn't"

if there was a thread about female influence appreciation... the fathers would only be brought up to be lamented....
women are ALWAYS praised... all the time... fathers never get the due dillagence... and not eem fathers... just male influences in general.

I was only answering PowerBallin question. :nerd:

I gave praised to my grandfather in page 5...I guess that got overlooked. lol :smh:

Shout out to my grandfather - Herman Armour
This man held his family down without a high school diploma. Never judge me when I was in the streets and jail, and yet made sure I finish college. I love this man so much. Taught me about hard work, respect, family, and love. I could never amount to the greatness God has blessed him with.
He's my father to me. :smokin

Last edited:
That's cool and all, but OPs intentions was more to say "I had a father, I'm more of a man than those who didn't"
How can you say that when the thread doesn't even say "Father"?  Your assumptions have caused you to fight battes that aren't there. 

Nah bro...that was possibly the most sexist and idiotic **** homie has ever said, he is pretty much saying a woman's value is measured by her ability to land a man...like are you for real? :lol:
it kinda is, doe...

semi srs

That was one of the reasons why my mother also decided not to be with a man until I was very much independent.
Sorry you had to go through that...
Btw your mom is a celeb? :nerd:

She was and is very politically powerful.

So I give them what they want....and instead of giving reasons to debate it they just say "dumb" and "stupid"......sheesh

maybe this will kinda end most of the disagreement...

you dont NEED a father to be a good man...

but it does make it a little clearer how to be a good man.

Some Things only a Positive Male can only teach a boy

- How to be strong in public and sensitive around his woman
- How to be a leader of a family but still show your partner respect
- How to control your testosterone and when/where to use it
- How to fight and to realize that fighting is for self defense not being a thug
- How to interact within male dominated environments - body language that demands respect, changing the way he talks, being aware of certain situations
- To know the difference between being the butt of a joke and being bullied. And how to react in a positive manner.
- To know the difference between being a bully and simply having fun with jokes or light physical behavior
- How to develop traits to attract the opposite sex
- The ins and outs of male dominated activities - sports, fishing, automobiles, home repair, etc.  (Yes women do have this knowledge but it is not common)
- And most importantly HOW TO BE A GOOD FATHER by being a living breathing example
- How to carry yourself with respect and be positive AND still be respected by your peers

-These examples are horrible, a woman can teach all these things in some cases a lot better than a man can. How better to learn to be sensitive about a woman's needs than through interactions with women themselves? You acting like men are the most sensitive creatures out there. :rofl:

-Learning to be a leader is not always something that can be taught. Family circumstances eg. losing a parent sometimes forces other family members to step up and lead.

-Don't talk about science and testosterone, that's not your forte. Stick to what you know.

-A woman can teach you when it's important to fight. Women are known for being docile but they are fierce defenders of their children. For the most part women don't fight for the sake of fighting thats a male trait.

-A mother can be a good parent and can teach you how to be a good parent.

-LOL @ learning what women want from a man. You gotta be kidding me. A lot of men think they know what women want and a lot of time its a load of crap. And most men don't even have a consensus on what women want.

-My mother didn't teach me sports, but she was a track athlete and I took up track because of her in middle school and high school. This is the only thing close to an argument that you have. But there are many things we learn away from our parents male or female. I developed my passion for medicine from my mother and that was a more important gift than learning how to throw a spiral.

-Respect is earned, a father teaching you doesn't guarantee it. YOU ARE PRIME EXAMPLE OF THIS. :wink:

Last edited:
it's because these threads or conversations are usually presented with a derisive sentiment towards
the opposite sex or any alternative upbringing that does not fall in line with what their idea of what a good parent or role model is.
there is always this devaluing of one thing to bolster another...
but...

that happens every day when mothers are praised...

not a lover or hater of powerballin... but homey brought the ether w/ that "if ya mombs was so great, why couldnt she find a man?" statement...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i know that struck home w/ a few of yall.
Which is why I worded it the way I did because it's just as wrong in the reversed scenario

Last edited:
-These examples are horrible, a woman can teach all these things in some cases a lot better than a man can. How better to learn to be sensitive about a woman's needs than through interactions with women themselves? You acting like men are the most sensitive creatures out there. :rofl:
-Learning to be a leader is not always something that can be taught. Family circumstances eg. losing a parent sometimes forces other family members to step up and lead.
-Don't talk about science and testosterone, that's not your forte. Stick to what you know.
-A woman can teach you when it's important to fight. Women are known for being docile but they are fierce defenders of their children. For the most part women don't fight for the sake of fighting thats a male trait.
-My mother didn't teach me sports, but she was a track athlete and I took up track because of her in middle school and high school. This is the only thing close to an argument that you have. But there are many things we learn away from our parents male or female. I developed my passion for medicine from my mother and that was a more important gift than learning how to throw a spiral.
-Respect is earned, a father teaching you doesn't guarantee it. YOU ARE PRIME EXAMPLE OF THIS. :wink:

Well Anton saved me all the typing...thanks bro.

-didn't know we had control over our testosterone levels, is this a secret I was not let in on?...can you guys with predominantly positive male figures confirm if when you wake up in the morning, your dad taught you how to look yourself in the mirror and say... "Today I need more testosterone!"

Some Things only a Positive Male can only teach a boy

- How to be strong in public and sensitive around his woman
- How to be a leader of a family but still show your partner respect
- How to control your testosterone and when/where to use it
- How to fight and to realize that fighting is for self defense not being a thug
- How to interact within male dominated environments - body language that demands respect, changing the way he talks, being aware of certain situations
- To know the difference between being the butt of a joke and being bullied. And how to react in a positive manner.
- To know the difference between being a bully and simply having fun with jokes or light physical behavior
- How to develop traits to attract the opposite sex
- The ins and outs of male dominated activities - sports, fishing, automobiles, home repair, etc.  (Yes women do have this knowledge but it is not common)
- And most importantly HOW TO BE A GOOD FATHER by being a living breathing example
- How to carry yourself with respect and be positive AND still be respected by your peers
-These examples are horrible, a woman can teach all these things in some cases a lot better than a man can. How better to learn to be sensitive about a woman's needs than through interactions with women themselves? You acting like men are the most sensitive creatures out there.
roll.gif

-Respect is earned, a father teaching you doesn't guarantee it. YOU ARE PRIME EXAMPLE OF THIS.
wink.gif
A response full of woman praising, men bashing, and personal insults........yep sounds about right coming from you.

Definitely my dad. Has always taken care of a lot of things, and given me great advice. Glad to still have him in my life at 25, cause both his parents had died before 18. Couldn't imagine myself in those same shoes at 18.

Last edited:
A response full of woman praising, men bashing, and personal insults........yep sounds about right coming from you.

Saying a woman can raise a boy as well as a man is "male bashing"? You are like one of those republicans who think America is going to war against the White heterosexual male. I showed some examples of situations where arguably a woman MAY BE better just to show you how stupid your comments are.

His testosterone comment for some reason reminded me of this King of the Hill episode where his wife was feeding him testosterone pills and he started acting a fool. :rofl:

Last edited:
Most of the examples you presented can be figured out using common sense. Implying that women are capable of having common sense is woman praising? I think you've made it clear that you are a misogynist! 

Dude is a clown. I don't see how anyone can take up for him. This thread was bound to turn out this way. It was a progression from a few days ago.

Truth goes into the mom's appreciation thread and asks why no one appreciates their fathers/male figures

Makes this thread, dropping subtle hints of disdain for the fact that a lot of people give credit to their mothers.

He pretends he never did the aforementioned.

Asks pointless hypotheticals which are designed to procure the answers he wants, rather than asking actual questions for the sake of the debate he didn't seek to create.

Accuses other people of asking pointless questions that don't pertain to the topic.

Gets jimmies rustled.

Look at the thread about moms. That thread's OP didn't do anything but list reasons why he appreciated his mom. That produced response after response of similar sentiments. This guy is in here trying to downplay mother's by saying that they cannot produce good men. The list he gave of things "only men can teach" that was filled with lessons that can be taught by men and women. Laughable at best.

^^^Word it's a build up from a lot of previous interactions people have had with him. I've seen dude use having a father as a reason why he's better than someone else that didn't have a father in a completely unrelated thread. I mean I love my mom but you don't see me making fun of people whose mothers may be absent drug addicts.

Stephen A. Smith: "So disrespectful".

Wait you guys moms are black belts that taught ya'll how to fight too?  Wow these women are amazing!

^^^Word it's a build up from a lot of previous interactions people have had with him. I've seen dude use having a father as a reason why he's better than someone else that didn't have a father in a completely unrelated thread. I mean I love my mom but you don't see me making fun of people whose mothers may be absent drug addicts.
Stephen A. Smith: "So disrespectful".

He did it to me in some random thread and here he asked me if I was jealous of him having a father figure :rofl:

If learning to fight is so important you can take up boxing....you don't need a dad or mom for that...

2167.jpg

Ya'll gon' learn I don't know why you insist on learning things the hard way but Ya'll Gon' learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom