Positive Male Influence Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep saying "stay on topic, look at the thread title", yet it's the content and faulty arguments people have an issue with. It's not hard to see.

Or maybe he's satisfied with the way his life turned out that he doesn't see the need to change another man's fate... Especially a man whose impact on his life he knows not to be positive or negative.

Or maybe he's satisfied with the way his life turned out that he doesn't see the need to change another man's fate... Especially a man whose impact on his life he knows not to be positive or negative.

Glad my post went through as I intended it.

I would like answers on the hypothetical question at the very top of this page.....
Why don't you present your answer since you like to insist that your opinions are facts? You're going to reject any answer that doesn't agree with your own anyways. 

How does this guy have so many reps?

Why don't you present your answer since you like to insist that your opinions are facts? You're going to reject any answer that doesn't agree with your own anyways. 

He reps himself, must have been that father figure that told him it was ok to do so.

He reps himself, must have been that father figure that told him it was ok to do so.
mayweathersnr460276.jpg

Jealous?

Last edited:

lol that's what this thread has come to, people debating hypothetical situations using science "fiction". It depends on how you view time machines, my father isn't dead but if he were and I were as successful as I am today being raised by my mom it may be a bit to risky to change anything drastically. Things may change for the better but just as likely for the worse.

Last edited:
because thats the title.  Positive Male influence appreciation.  If you wanna go to the mom appreciation thread go to it.  If you wanna speak on other topics....go ahead.  But if you want continue to dodge and nitpick at every post then find a new thread homie.  Its clear you don't like anything that represents men.  No need to continue to lead your Brigade of Genderless Men. 

This isn't a positive male appreciation thread, it's a if you don't have a positive male you are not a man and women can't raise men appreciation thread. This thread could've been delivered differently if your intent was really to honor positive male figures. That like me making a Nigerian people appreciation thread while crapping on everyone else. You don't want to honor male father figures you want to argue.

^was gonna say I don't really have any male role models, but Pharrell is def one guy I admire.
However I don't think it's true that a woman can't raise a man.
First post that brought up the mother talk.......

Hypothetical question....

Could a male baby grow up in a community, city, town or whatever where he was the only male and then at 18 be placed in our real world and have success?  Meaning he lives with his mother and every other person is a woman.  Also his mother and older women in the community are from "the real world" so they have meet, socialized, and knew real men before they were placed in this community. He is home schooled but also has female friends his age in the neighborhood. He does have a TV and computer though and sees males through these media.  If he was placed in the real world after age 18 would he be perfectly fine and have no adjustments to make?

yea this is a great real life example.

who is the father of this hypothetical baby?

:lol: thats all you hear no matter what it sounds like.
  Question if you guy's mothers were so great why didn't they find men to spend their life with?

Makes sexist, disrespectful comments about women CONSTANTLY in this thread and vehemently denies it. Your dad did a wonderful job with you. :lol: :D

My mom is married go find a poor single mother to say horrible things about. :\ I'm clearly hearing things wrong.

Black women are the least married group of women in this country, I guess by your statements black women are not so great. :tongue:

Last edited:
The worst part of this thread is he keeps making deplorable statements like that and acting like it's ok. It's like an old ignorant racist that don't know they are being offensive. :rofl:

Imo "male traits" are everything that is wrong with society today, being a "man" is overrated. A good woman can teach you a thing or two about being a decent human being. I have had good positive male mentors (Teachers, coaches, doctors), but my mother>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A lot of people's ideas of what it means to be a man is vastly misguided.
This was your first post in this thread....but you don't have an agenda? yeah ok homie

Peace.

^was gonna say I don't really have any male role models, but Pharrell is def one guy I admire.
that was the first reply that brought up the mother talk... it was in response to this..
Originally Posted by PowerBallin  

We always show so much love for the mothers but a woman can't raise a man.  We need more men to be men and raise young males to have values, morals, standards, and most of all understand the difference between the sexes.  Things like self respect, self defense, confidence, and controlling your emotions are being lost in the shuffle.
The very first sentence says a woman can't raise a man. Then he goes on to say we need men to raise young males to have values, morals, standards, etc. And that self respect, confidence, etc. are being lost in the shuffle... implying they're lost in the shuffle due to the lack of father figures and a woman's inability to raise a man. 

That's what prompted the mother talk. Had he shared a story of a positive male influence and didn't lead off by saying a woman can't raise a man, then most of the discussion over it probably wouldn't have occurred. 

Imo "male traits" are everything that is wrong with society today, being a "man" is overrated. A good woman can teach you a thing or two about being a decent human being. I have had good positive male mentors (Teachers, coaches, doctors), but my mother>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A lot of people's ideas of what it means to be a man is vastly misguided.
This was your first post in this thread....but you don't have an agenda? yeah ok homie

Peace.
this was yours...

We always show so much love for the mothers but a woman can't raise a man
Floyd_Money_Mayweather_Jr_02_L.jpg

Peace.

What's your point? There are stereotypically male traits that are counterproductive. STEREOTYPICALLY male. I also ventured to say what most people consider a "man" isn't really a man at all. That was my point.

Aggression, violence, etc are stereotypically male attributes. Why do you think I put "MALE TRAITS" in parenthesis? The point flew over your head.

Homophobia and misogyny are "male traits". To me what makes a good man has nothing to do with a lot of nonsense I've heard from people like you on NT.

Last edited:
:lol: at how this thread turned out.

From the guy that tells me I make terrible threads.

The whole thread followed suit for the lulz factor. That was painfully obvious. No need to apologize.

that was the first reply that brought up the mother talk... it was in response to this..

We always show so much love for the mothers but a woman can't raise a man.  We need more men to be men and raise young males to have values, morals, standards, and most of all understand the difference between the sexes.  Things like self respect, self defense, confidence, and controlling your emotions are being lost in the shuffle.
The very first sentence says a woman can't raise a man. Then he goes on to say we need men to raise young males to have values, morals, standards, etc. And that self respect, confidence, etc. are being lost in the shuffle... implying they're lost in the shuffle due to the lack of father figures and a woman's inability to raise a man. 

That's what prompted the mother talk. Had he shared a story of a positive male influence and didn't lead off by saying a woman can't raise a man, then most of the discussion over it probably wouldn't have occurred. 
Everything you said is factual about the process of events in this thread.  But who are you to tell me how to start a thread? If you felt disrespected, offended, or disagreed you had a chance to reply. If you don't think the amount of single mothers hasn't had a direct effect on the amount of young men in the streets, in prison, or dead then well thats on you.  Don't come at me talking about Obama or how great your mom is tho just accept the truth. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom