Positive Male Influence Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a problem with me saying a woman can't raise a man. then lets discuss how you believe a man can raise a woman since you believe parents are interchangeable.

see, that's what I mean.  Appreciate the positive men in your life but don't **** on the scores of males who have been raised

by women (some exclusively) and are doing just fine as positive productive men. Saying a woman can't raise a man just sounds like regurgitated rhetoric

the thread could have gone without and mention of a woman
Can a man raise a woman?

Yes a man can, why do you believe otherwise?

A good parent will find a way to properly raise their kid, boy or girl.

Its pretty narcissistic to believe that you can provide and deliver the same experience as a woman.  Its that same logic that has all these "strong" women single for their whole lives.  The 2 sexes are equal but not the same.  Ying and yang are needed.  Ying can't be Yang. 

As a man, my mother raised me with the help of my grandparents. Can't nobody sit here and tell me I am not a man. She taught me to be independent and never to fear any man or person. I cook, clean and raise a child on my own because of the example she set for me as a male. She taught me to be a gentleman and a man first.
I am raising my daughter alone, I think she coming out to be a fine young lady. I am teaching her about self-respect and how to act as a lady. Honestly, she exemplify a model woman that I should be dating (laughing). However, I do not bring women around my daughter.
To say this, it is possible.

View media item 196986

REPPED X2 this thread is thinly veiled attack on people's "manliness" by someone who is a known homophobe and sexist. Dude is basically saying if you do not have a father you are not a man.

2 parents, 1 parent, all that matters is being there and making a sacrifice for your children and instilling basic, positive human values. If you have a positive male role model, good. If you don't but have a mother that loves you and is capable that works too.

Last edited:
Its pretty narcissistic to believe that you can provide and deliver the same experience as a woman.  Its that same logic that has all these "strong" women single for their whole lives.  The 2 sexes are equal but not the same.  Ying and yang are needed.  Ying can't be Yang. 

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise, a mother can't replace a father and viceversa.....but a good parent can very well provide and raise a child regardless of gender when the other parent is absent.

The responses in this thread prove that we need more positive real men and they are an endangered species.

Dudes posting Pharrell before their own fathers
Dudes replying about how a woman can do just as good
Dudes replying with fictional movie characters

Not one "My dad did a great job setting an example" or "Didn't have pops growing up but AAU coach and brothers showed me the way" yet

:smh: at society in 2013
+23

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise, a mother can't replace a father and viceversa.....but a good parent can very well provide and raise a child regardless of gender when the other parent is absent.
I never said you can't be a productive member of society.  Isn't that the bare minimum of parenting success?  I'm saying in order to obtain the much needed attributes of your sex you are better served learning them from the same sex.  How do you have a problem with that?

Where in all 6 pages have I said anything negetive about mothers or challenged anybodies manhood?  Stop fighting windmills out here.

Last edited:
Breaking up the black family was the greatest thing they ever did to us. I have to tip my hat to them. A people without leadership are doomed.

Interesting how people are overemphasizing the idea that you need to relate to your parent on some level (mainly) a gender level for it to be effective. Many children have very little to relate with their parents male or female, that's why a lot of them come to message boards :lol:. I was able to relate to my mom on many levels cause we shared the same career interests, have similar personalities, and I admired her sacrifices. Gender is not all that makes people similar. A man may be able to teach you how to shave but could completely miss the ball on raising you to you true potential because he does not know you as well as your mother.

Last edited:
I never said you can't be a productive member of society.  Isn't that the bare minimum of parenting success?  I'm saying in order to obtain the much needed attributes of your sex you are better served learning them from the same sex.  How do you have a problem with that?

Where in all 6 pages have I said anything negetive about mothers or challenged anybodies manhood?  Stop fighting windmills out here.

So to be on the same page, you are NOT saying that a man raised by a woman is less of a man than one that was raised by his father?...

If you have a problem with me saying a woman can't raise a man. then lets discuss how you believe a man can raise a woman since you believe parents are interchangeable.

see, that's what I mean.  Appreciate the positive men in your life but don't **** on the scores of males who have been raised

by women (some exclusively) and are doing just fine as positive productive men. Saying a woman can't raise a man just sounds like regurgitated rhetoric

Can a man raise a woman?
did you intend to appreciate positive males or denigrate those raised by single mothers?

did you intend to appreciate positive males or denigrate those raised by single mothers?

The million dollar question. :D Cause I just read back through the thread to be sure, and dude is denying it vehemently when there is evidence of it everywhere. Not only is he denigrating single mothers, he is attempting to demasculinize men who where raised by good single mothers.

Can a man raise a woman?
what does the title say?  I only added that video pages later to the original post....

If I want to call people sissies or spit on single moms I would but I haven't in 6 pages.

But I see you didn't answer the question....

So to be on the same page, you are NOT saying that a man raised by a woman is less of a man than one that was raised by his father?...
A boy with a positive male role model in his life will be better off than a boy without one.  Its that simple.  Never have I used the term "less of a man".  Also, a young girl with a positive female role model in her life will be better off than a girl without one.  Its that simple.  But my thread is about Positive Males because they never really get enough credit and are a dying breed. 

A boy with a positive male role model in his life will be better off than a boy without one.  Its that simple.  Never have I used the term "less of a man".  Also, a young girl with a positive female role model in her life will be better off than a girl without one.  Its that simple.  But my thread is about Positive Males because they never really get enough credit and are a dying breed. 

Better off in what sense?

LOL @ this guarantee. You could also make the argument that in some ways a boy with a positive female role model is better of than a boy without one. It's statements like this that people have a problem with. Someone's mom raises him to become a good husband, father and a success yet by default the dude with the male role model is better of? Of course people would rather have 2 incomes/2 good parents no matter the gender but no everyone is that lucky, some people turn out for the better through adversity (Eg. Barack Obama)

Last edited:

Can a man raise a woman?
what does the title say?  I only added that video pages later to the original post....

If I want to call people sissies or spit on single moms I would but I haven't in 6 pages.

But I see you didn't answer the question....
Did you not see where I said in a previous response to you that many men have been raised by women

and are fine productive citizens?  Is that not an answer to your question?

Like i've already said a thread appreciating positive men

could have gone off without a hitch had YOU not included the humorously false "women can't raise men" line in your initial post

but that was clearly not the conversation you wanted to have

Last edited:

:smokin I dunno, this guy doesn't seem like a spineless coward to me.

"If I was your son Mr. Chairman I believe I would make you very proud". :smokin

Waits for some idiot to say one of the mothers was the positive male role model. :rofl:

Last edited:
Yea Truth, you can't just make that generalization man. I am as Al Bundy-ish as they come but you can't make THAT statement.

Some of the greatest men that ever lived are products of a single mother raising them.

Better off in what sense....
Countless examples are throughout this thread and in the video I posted.  Not sure how you don't understand what "better off" means.  More prepared to have success in terms of social relations in the world.  Your social skills also play a part in your financial success, job success, relationship success. 

Question...would you rather have grown up with just your mother or with the type of man who you consider a great father being married to your mother?

Countless examples are throughout this thread and in the video I posted.  Not sure how you don't understand what "better off" means.  More prepared to have success in terms of social relations in the world.  Your social skills also play a part in your financial success, job success, relationship success. 

Question...would you rather have grown up with just your mother or with the type of man who you consider a great father being married to your mother?

I would have loved to have had my dad, but he passed away.

With that said my mother did a fine job I'd like to think, all on her own.

I'm a professional, I support my own family, I help her, I respect women and can't wait to be a dad one day....I've had friends that have had both parents raise them and grew up to hug the block, how do you explain that?

Yea Truth, you can't just make that generalization man. I am as Al Bundy-ish as they come but you can't make THAT statement.

Some of the greatest men that ever lived are products of a single mother raising them.
So these great men that come from single mothers stayed in the house allday and learned nothing from other men?  I doubt it.  My point is a positive male is going to make your life easier and allow you learn important lessons much younger.  How many dudes are clowns up until 18 then leave home and become "great men" then still give credit to Moms when they learned countless lessons about life away from her.  C'mon lets be serious.

You have repeatedly failed to demonstrate that social skills are derived from an elder figure of your gender. When I previously brought it up, you diverted the conversation to hormones and periods. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom