* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

If it's Orlando, I see a three-team trade happening because I doubt Nelson would be happy about being a backup and New Orleans wants to give the starting job to Collison. Some other team that needs a point guard is going to have to take Nelson.

30selww.png

Seems logical to me. Pacers want a point guard, New Orleans gets expiring contracts and Hibbert (who had some very good games last year), and Orlando gets their man.

smh.gif

Melo, I was hoping that he would go back to the east coast.

And if Gallo holds up up the CP3 deal...

Michael Beasley smoked too much pot in Miami, but he's a changed man now. Make that, changed young man.
* European center Nikola Pekovic will be "signed here shortly" and called him a 6-10, 275-pound "real brute" and "almost the kind who'd kick sand in somebody's face at the beach.""He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," Kahn said, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."

* On being something of a youtube sensation for a contentious NBA TV interview with Chris Webber from NBA Summer League last week: "He's kind of a schmuck, isn't he? Methinks that he spent a lot of time on NBA TV with a former Timberwolves person and he seemed to come into the interview with an agenda. Tough questions are fine, but I felt like he was a little defensive about some of the things."

Kahn 
laugh.gif
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e_r.gif

Wolves GM: Michael Beasley 'Smoked Too Much Marijuana' in Miami
7/22/2010 5:10 PM ET By Tom Ziller

In a jarring interview with ESPN Radio in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Timberwolves general manager David Kahn explained that once-touted forward Michael Beasley, who Kahn traded for earlier this month, struggled in Miami because he "smoked too much marijuana" while playing for the Heat, but has since quit.

The Heat dumped Beasley for nothing but two future second-round draft picks in order to clear the books in advance of the acquisition of LeBron James and Chris Bosh and the re-signing of Dwyane Wade. Beasley, the No. 2 pick of the 2008 draft, has struggled to transition to NBA play, never meshing with the superlative Wade in Miami.

Beasley had trouble before even playing a minute in the league, as he was involved in an odd marijuana-related incident at the requisite Rookie Transition Program in September 2008, one which left Beasley with a $50,000 fine and a one-way ticket into the league's substance abuse program. Further issues led Beasley to a 30-day stint in rehab before his second NBA season.

In an interview with FanHouse's Tim Povtak in December 2009, Beasley acknowledged prior problems with alcohol, and beamed that he hadn't drank alcohol since August 2009. Never did Beasley admit to marijuana usage publicly, and never did the league -- which maintains a strict policy of confidentiality about such matters -- announce that Beasley had ever flunked a drug test. A second failed test for marijuana while one is already in the league's substance abuse program comes with a mandated five-game suspension; Beasley has never been suspended by the NBA, which would suggest he has not failed two tests in his two-year career. Players can be tested up to four times per season.

Article XXXIII, Section 3(f) of the league's collective bargaining agreement states that team employees are prohibited from disclosing "information regarding the use, possession, or distribution of a Prohibited Substance by a player," though it's unclear whether Beasley's private admission to Kahn falls under these rules.

This was last an issue when word leaked out just after the Blazers had filed for a medical retirement for injured forward Darius Miles, that Miles had failed a drug test in Portland, and that punishment would be administered in the form of a 10-game suspension as soon as he signed with another team. Portland stood to lose $9 million in 2009-10 cap space if Miles played 10 NBA games in 2008-09. As such, some alleged the Blazers leaked word of the pending suspension as a disincentive for teams looking to sign Miles.

The league eventually disclosed that Miles would be subject to a suspension upon signing; nevertheless, he played in 34 games for the Grizzlies in 2009, canceling his medical retirement and putting his $9 million 2009-10 salary back on Portland's books.

updated: Thursday, July 22nd 1:15pm: Hornets source confirms that if Demps & Williams cannot convince CP3 to stay….they’ll start aggressively trying to move him. Source also says Portland has the pieces Monty and Demps covet…NOT NYC, Orlando or Dallas.
Source

CP.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Michael Beasley smoked too much pot in Miami, but he's a changed man now. Make that, changed young man.
* European center Nikola Pekovic will be "signed here shortly" and called him a 6-10, 275-pound "real brute" and "almost the kind who'd kick sand in somebody's face at the beach.""He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," Kahn said, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."

* On being something of a youtube sensation for a contentious NBA TV interview with Chris Webber from NBA Summer League last week: "He's kind of a schmuck, isn't he? Methinks that he spent a lot of time on NBA TV with a former Timberwolves person and he seemed to come into the interview with an agenda. Tough questions are fine, but I felt like he was a little defensive about some of the things."

Kahn 
laugh.gif
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e_r.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kahn is just a weird dude.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

updated: Thursday, July 22nd 1:15pm: Hornets source confirms that if Demps & Williams cannot convince CP3 to stay….they’ll start aggressively trying to move him. Source also says Portland has the pieces Monty and Demps covet…NOT NYC, Orlando or Dallas.
Source

CP.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Even though it seems a little far fetched that only Portland has pieces NO would want...
pimp.gif

Monty giving Portland the green light since he just came from there trying to help out his former team.
laugh.gif

So, what deal would Portland put together?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ESPN is saying CP3 list is

1.knicks
2.Magic
3.mavs
4.Portland
maybe Collison is Sessions 2.0
i see someone is still hungover

I wonder if Paul knows he's not a free agent?  Can't really pick and choose where you want to go when your team is holding all the cards. 

ah but couldnt he tell teams that he will not re sign with them if he gets traded there thus making teams reluctant to trade for him??

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Monty giving Portland the green light since he just came from there trying to help out his former team.
laugh.gif

The source I posted says this:
***Chris Paul & Emeka Okafor to Portland (if CP3 is traded a team HAS to take Okafor and his horrible contract with him!!!!!)
***Greg Oden, Rudy Fernandez, Nicolas Batum, Andre Miller, The rights to Joel Freeland and a 2011 or 2012 1st round draft pick to New Orleans

4819561506_dbdd4177ce_b.jpg

Batum has to be involved, but Portland fans will cry, Andre Miller and Pryz money wise, but I have ZERO idea why NO would want that, so imo, N.O. has to ask for one of either Oden, LA, or Roy and I don't see Portland wanting to include one of those guys with Batum. 

I'll be listening to these idiots out here callin in in a couple hours, probably wreck my car luaghin at their CP3 for Rudy Fernandez plus filler call ins, those always amuse me. 

I'll report back anything I hear tomorrow. 

I just can't see Portland trading Batum AND Oden. That has to be the deal New Orleans is offering and I'm sure Portland will decline. They love Batum too much and would be very surprised if they traded both him and Oden in the same deal.

What would Portland have left to make them contenders if they make that deal? Bayless and Babbitt? Also, I thought Roy didn't like playing with ball dominant PG's since he like to have the ball in his hands a lot?

I just can't see Portland trading Batum AND Oden. That has to be the deal New Orleans is offering and I'm sure Portland will decline. They love Batum too much and would be very surprised if they traded both him and Oden in the same deal.

What would Portland have left to make them contenders if they make that deal? Bayless and Babbitt? Also, I thought Roy didn't like playing with ball dominant PG's since he like to have the ball in his hands a lot?

is there a inside joke i missed?

portland wont trade batum? *%% and why would the still hold on to oden?

CP3,Roy,Babbitt and LA is nice core to build around

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif

The source I posted says this:
***Chris Paul & Emeka Okafor to Portland (if CP3 is traded a team HAS to take Okafor and his horrible contract with him!!!!!)
***Greg Oden, Rudy Fernandez, Nicolas Batum, Andre Miller, The rights to Joel Freeland and a 2011 or 2012 1st round draft pick to New Orleans
4819561506_dbdd4177ce_b.jpg

He looks on point in the ORL jersey
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

is there a inside joke i missed?

portland wont trade batum? *%% and why would the still hold on to oden?

CP3,Roy,Babbitt and LA is nice core to build around

They friggin ADORE Batum around here, they call him Scottie Pippen-esque. 

When this was going on during the draft, they were callin in left and right that they wouldn't want to include him in a deal for Paul. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  They all take their cues from Pritchard in the "over hype our players" category. 

But trust, the second he becomes a Hornet, they'll act like he's Luke Walton.  They do that @#$% all the time. 

IT FEELS SO GOODDDDDDDDDDDD TO BE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

I've had to endure so much, thank god for Twitter and GD, Remi23 taking every comment and making a thread about it
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom