* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

If it's just shedding payroll, then a lot of teams can get into the mix.

Gotta think it's a combination of everything.

Losing the face of your franchise won't sit well with your fan base if you just shed cap space. When you lose your franchise player, gotta get pieces to restructure your roster.

With all that said, it's kinda wild how all of this is coming out now, considering the Hornets don't have to budge for another two years. Yeah, he's likely going to leave, but they're in no rush to trade this dude.

Originally Posted by CP1708

If something goes down with Paul, can you imagine the beads of sweat out in Denver soon after? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm saying, either way the Lakers win. If they magically get CP3[unlikely], win.  If CP3 ends up going to the East coast[NY, or Orl], watch the rumors about Melo going to NYC start up too.  What does that mean for the Western Conference?  They get weaker 2-8.

Lakers
Mavs?
Thunder?
Spurs?

Denver & NO out of the picture and no real threat besides the Mavs/thunder could open up the Lakers championship window a little longer
smokin.gif

I actually would like to see NY get CP3 with Amare.  They would be real fun to watch.  & if they can somehow get Melo?
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I dunno, something about NYC being a good team appeals to me
laugh.gif
I wanna see them shine ya dig

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

So the Hornets would want who from Dallas?
Nobody. 
laugh.gif

If you didn't say it, I was going too. 

Ain't nobody on that damn team that NO wants.  Unless it's Dirk, and of course that's impossible. 

For the hornets, any offer with a PG in it dont seem right though. I believe they have all the confidence in DC.

I know ill continue to get flamed for this, but i got all the confidence in the world that gay and gasol would become allstars playing with cp3. Marc could be one regardless with no zbo in the picture. So, a superstar and 2 allstars with a nice group of role players could be something. The thing is that gay n gasol arent proven allstars. dont mean they wont be one though.

I know ill continue to get flamed for this, but i got all theconfidence in the world that gay and gasol would become allstarsplaying with cp3. Marc could be one regardless with no zbo in thepicture. So, a superstar and 2 allstars with a nice group of roleplayers could be something. The thing is that gay n gasol arent provenallstars. dont mean they wont be one though.
But you aren't getting him by offering a player similar to one we have now as the centerpiece, and a bunch of nonsense. Gasol is in the deal, or the phone call ends very quickly.

Originally Posted by h3at23

WojYahooNBA

Unless Cleveland raises multi-year offer that starts around $3.5M, Matt Barnes will sign a 1-year, $1.7M deal with Lakers, sources tell Y!

Damn barnes is starting to look like a fool for opting out. If he signs a one year deal with LA, wouldn't he be making the same if he would've stayed with the magic?

Well i guess that throws us out because i cant see us giving up marc, zbo and oj. we would be just as good as we were last season

I was hoping thabeet still had enough trade value. Throwing thabeet in the starting 5 this season would be a setback

I hate to play conspiracy theory, but I can't help but think LeBron's LRMR management is partly behind CP3's sudden urge to get out of N.O. I know CP3 voiced his opinion a few weeks ago about getting traded, but all of a sudden he wants out after switching to LRMR without giving the front office a chance to improve the team. Sounds a tad fishy no?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I hate to play conspiracy theory, but I can't help but think LeBron's LRMR management is partly behind CP3's sudden urge to get out of N.O. I know CP3 voiced his opinion a few weeks ago about getting traded, but all of a sudden he wants out after switching to LRMR without giving the front office a chance to improve the team. Sounds a tad fishy no?

if my $%%%$@! could see this was coming weeks ago you should have
laugh.gif

Well i guess that throws us out because i cant see us giving up marc, zbo and oj. we would be just as good as we were last season
so really because they asked for marc gasol you would say no to the trade? LOL sounds like $%%%$@! bulls fans with deng and kobe

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Lebron's company had anything to do with it. 

You can keep O.J. and Thabeet.

Gasol, Randolph, Young and a first for Paul and Okafor.

I guess I could live with that. My first choice would still be Gallinari, Randolph, Curry and whatever moving pieces for Paul and Posey/Okafor.

West, Collison, Thornton, Pondexter, Brackins, Gasol or Gallinari and Randolph and probably two first-round picks next year is still plenty to be excited about. But, this situation can surely go very wrong with the Hornets' front office. Dell Demps will probably have little authority, too.

If it was marc,zbo, etc then i could live with that. Cp3 might make thabeet somewhat worthy of a starting spot.

Would NY want to give up Gallinari? I pike that deal for noh if they can pull it off.

Why is CP3 to Memphis even being discussed? Rookies refuse to work out there every year and for some reason CP3 would be interested....No one wants to go to that %!+@ hole
laugh.gif

Deng, BG, and who else were in that deal for Kobe, Mike?  I remember actually talking myself into thinking it would be a solid core, but no better then a 6 seed anyways. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Bynum, Odom, Deng, Gordon, Farmar, with Ariza, and whatever else that came from Chi off the bench.  *shrugs*  Young at least. 
laugh.gif

I don't see the conspiracy part, we all knew the second that 3-some came to be, others would follow suit.  CP3, Melo, Amare in NY, I could see D12 going to OKC in the future with Durant and Westbrook, Blake Griffin and John Wall, and Brook Lopez someday......We can do all kinds of stuff.  NBA lookin at the MLB business model pretty soon. 

Nas, I'm just throwin ideas out there at ya on Twitter.  Too early to know what the CBA will turn out, but guys takin less money could be the way it goes, 100 mil instead of 115 mil is still good livin ya know?  So I'm just talkin random about Melo to NY with Paul. 

I think Barnes is tryin to get his dollars up.  If he lands for 1.7, great, but he has tried to sign with like 5 other teams, he wants his cash, if he can't get it, then he'll sign with a contender. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why would you care who NO got back since you are a CP3 fan?
laugh.gif
I was wonderin that myself. 

JJ Barea, DeShawn, Caron, Tyson and picks/cash
Dirk, you're better then this.  What the @#$% kinda deal is this, hell, NO just got rid of Chandler for Christ sakes.  Why the hell would they take him back to get rid of Paul? 
smh.gif
  Barrea. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Come on.  Late 20's draft picks, get real now bro. 

Regardless to who they trade for Chris Paul, that team will PROBABLY have first round picks in the 20's.

I mentioned it before, Mavs made an offer for CP3 right before trading for Chandler/Ajinca.

It was believed to be Beaubois (young talent), expirings (Caron and Dampier [automatic relief]), and picks.

They turned it down.

I believe a Collison/Beaubois backcourt would be very nice for the future, but they probably want a very talented forward or center to go with Collison if they were to move him (like a Randolph).

Beaubois, Caron, Chandler, and picks/cash, or Randolph, Curry, Gallo, picks/cash, I don't know, both seem slightly less than expected IMO.

If Kelenna/Turiaf were included as well, I'd like that deal much better if I were NO.

Taking a quick break from the Chris Paul talk.
But Kahn continues to speak highly of the former No. 2 overall pick's potential -- in part because Beasley has assured him he's done with dope.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore, and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case," Kahn said this morning, during an interview that will air at 1:40 p.m. on 1500 ESPN Twin Cities
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Knicks have the best offer on the table HANDS DOWN. Youth, potential, a huge expiring, and players that are ready to come in and start/contribute rigtht away. No bias

Anthony R, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Buike, Turiaf

Back
Top Bottom