* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Because we actually have a roster set up for him to come and help us become a upper echelon team in the west. How about your fantasy team put an offer together since yall got all those damn pieces with nobody that can create their own shot outside of your pgs?

We wont win a championship, but 95% of the teams mentioned wont. If he go to Orlando, maybe. Lakers, he will. NY with amare n melo, possibly. Rudy can convince him here

He wants to win and playing with a close friend on a good team is not the worst thing.

If they took that Dallas offer i would shoot down new orleans front office.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Taking a quick break from the Chris Paul talk.
But Kahn continues to speak highly of the former No. 2 overall pick's potential -- in part because Beasley has assured him he's done with dope.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore, and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case," Kahn said this morning, during an interview that will air at 1:40 p.m. on 1500 ESPN Twin Cities
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What a goddamn idiot.

It was not exactly a mystery that Beas was ON SOMETHING, but as someone in the FO, you don't come out on the radio talking about someone's drug issues like that. What the hell is wrong with this guy.

But Kahn continues to speak highly of the former No. 2 overall pick's potential -- in part because Beasley has assured him he's done with dope.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore, and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case," Kahn said this morning, during an interview that will air at 1:40 p.m. on 1500 ESPN Twin Cities
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This can't be real
eek.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Deng, BG, and who else were in that deal for Kobe, Mike?  I remember actually talking myself into thinking it would be a solid core, but no better then a 6 seed anyways. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Bynum, Odom, Deng, Gordon, Farmar, with Ariza, and whatever else that came from Chi off the bench.  *shrugs*  Young at least. 
laugh.gif

i thought it was deng,Hinrich,Ty Thomas and Nocioni with some draft picks in there.

Beaubois, Caron, Chandler, and picks/cash, or Randolph, Curry, Gallo, picks/cash, I don't know, both seem slightly less than expected IMO
the knicks package is better and its not even close

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This can't be real
eek.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

Nah it's real, I was listening to hit this afternoon live. He also called your boy Chris Webber "a schmuck".

Kahn tellin it like it is
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Ben Gordon was in the proposed deal, not Kirk Hinrich.

I want to say Ben Wallace was in the deal too but not 100% sure.

I think he should go to the magic so they can compete against the heat. That would be one crazy Eastern Conference Finals. If he went to the lakers it'd be kind of boring. Lakers can score enough already with an injured kobe. The Magic desperately needed some points in the playoffs last year, CP3 would be huge for them.

Ben Wallace? He was still on the Pistons wasn't he?

Yeah, that's it, Deng, Gordon, Nocioni, and either Wallace or Ty Thomas was the package.  Hinrich probably was mentioned as well, it changed like every day.  Once Kobe wanted Deng to stay, the Bulls had to offer other guys to entice LA, but they wanted Deng first and foremost. 

Weird how deals work out and don't work out. 

CP3 wanting out started when lebron came to winston-salem for cp3 sons birthday.....thats when lebron got in his head.....chris been a lebron groupie since HS...

JJ Barea, DeShawn, Caron, Tyson and picks/cash
Dirk, you're better then this.  What the @#$% kinda deal is this, hell, NO just got rid of Chandler for Christ sakes.  Why the hell would they take him back to get rid of Paul? 
smh.gif
  Barrea. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Come on.  Late 20's draft picks, get real now bro.  
[sarcasm] [/sarcasm]
smh.gif
Old %** can't keep up...

But if it becomes purely about MONEY, which I don't think you can discount that as anything less than a very serious option with that franchise, they're not gonna find a better partner to dump contracts on than the Mavs...

So if we possibly a 7th or 8th seed this yr without paul, what are we with the deal klj proposed?

We wouldnt be a top 4 team in the west or at least top 5?

So if we possibly a 7th or 8th seed this yr without paul, what are we with the deal klj proposed?

We wouldnt be a top 4 team in the west or at least top 5?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Ben Wallace? He was still on the Pistons wasn't he?

naw, Wallace was with us at the time. if i remember correctly it was going to be a three way deal between us LA and the Kings, at least i think
ohwell.gif

Yeah, with the new bargaining agreement/lockout, why pass up on the 'max.' Who knows what the 'max' will look like down the road. Good move Melo

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Sources close to Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony have said that he expects to accept the team's offer of a three-year, $65 million contract extension,

tired.gif
  Sorry Melo.  

Well, why don't Denver call NO and beg for CP3 then?  (I haven't looked at teams/contracts) but maybe something could be put together. 

Sources close to Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony have said that he expects to accept the team's offer of a three-year, $65 million contract extension,

I hope he does.

I've been having my doubts lately, but I think it would be tough for him to walk away from $83.5 mil.

tired.gif
  Sorry Melo.  

Well, why don't Denver call NO and beg for CP3 then?  (I haven't looked at teams/contracts) but maybe something could be put together. 

I think CP3 on the Nugs would be nasty. I think KMart might be a good expiring

KSTP 1500 AM radio just played a taped interview their afternoon show did with David Kahn, who once again wasn't at a loss for words.

Here are  some of the things he told my newspaper colleague Patrick Reusse and Phil Mackey:

* Michael Beasley smoked too much pot in Miami, but he's a changed man now. Make that, changed young man.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," Kahn said, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."

* On being something of a youtube sensation for a contentious NBA TV interview with Chris Webber from NBA Summer League last week: "He's kind of a schmuck, isn't he? Methinks that he spent a lot of time on NBA TV with a former Timberwolves person and he seemed to come into the interview with an agenda. Tough questions are fine, but I felt like was a little defensive about some of the  things."

* European center Nikola Pekovic will be "signed here shortly" and called him a 6-10, 275-pound "real brute" and "almost the kind who'd kick sand in somebody's face at the beach."

* He likened just-signed Luke Ridnour's veteran presence to Brian Cardinal and Damien Wilkins' leadershipm but with a big difference: He'll play a lot.

"I think it's important to have not only a veteran presence, but somebody who's playing significant, steady minutes," Kahn said. "It's easier to lead rather than just from the locker room."

* Asked about who'd win a game of H-O-R-S-E on a team that seemingly has significantly improved its shooting, he said, "It'd be hard (to pick a winner). We have a lot of good shooters, but I wouldn't discount Bill Laimbeer. Bill can still shoot it."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/w...DiaK7DU2EkP7K_V_GD7EaPc:iLP8iUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

My man Kahn
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Bill Simmons' idea....trade didn't work in the machine, but BS also said to throw in a 2011 1st round pick +3mil

5zi23p.png

NO would be insane not to do this....
Boston would be insane not to look at trying to make this work.
Okafor when Healthy can compete with Howard, Maybe not take him out of a series like Perk did for the first 2 games but still Paul as a long term up grade is a much more attractive option than Rondo, for a few reasons and a lot of it is personality wise.Not to mention that Rondo would be pissed after what he said earlier during the season

Back
Top Bottom