* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Mavericks Won't Trade Haywood
Jul 06, 2010 8:57 PM EST

The Mavericks are not interested in a sign-and-trade involving center Brendan Haywood.

A league source says Dallas remains in contract negotiations to keep Haywood, an unrestricted free agent.

However, if Haywood and the Mavericks come to terms on a long-term deal it won't likely happen until the summer's top free agents sign with teams.

A report in the Miami Herald on Tuesday said the Heat have approached the Mavericks about a possible sign-and-trade involving Haywood for Jermaine O'Neal and maybe even Michael Beasley.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wir...e_haywood/#ixzz0sxCO4lJP

Well then.
laugh.gif

The key to Bucher's statement is the lead up to it. He said he doesn't get where people are getting the idea that Toronto wouldn't do a S&T with Mia. Laid out a possible scenario that Tor would accept, and said 'done'

Pretty clear IMO. Unless people just read that one Tweet. Which a site like RealGM did and reported it. Along with everybody on Twitter.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

When (hopefully) Riley does strike that deal for Bosh, I sure as hell hope Calderon isn't attached to it. He's making ridiculous money, and is an awful defender. I'd rather see that capspace go towards retaining Haslem.
Miami has his bird rights so they would be able to re-sign him regardless of the cap space available.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Ain't no way Riley is gonna trade Beasley before signing Wade/bosh. Beasley still has lots of potential. If Wade doesn't stay in Miami, Beasley is gonna be the first scoring option. I still think you can build a team around beasley better then Haywood.

if Beasley is your first scoring option then that team will win 10 games MAX

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yall dudes misinterpreting what he wrote isn't Ric Bucher's fault...

really?

he said DONE. why the $*+@ would you write done after that? you don't think people could misinterpret what the DONE means? we are supposed to know that it's DONE in his hypothetical world? gimme a break. that was a poor choice of words
Youre just an idiot.

if bosh goes to miami with wade then i feel like lebron has to go to new york or chicago....what the hell is he going to go back to cleveland for? he wants to win a ring and other teams are stacking up so i dont see why he wastes another 3 years in cleveland unless they do something to get david lee or some other big

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Ain't no way Riley is gonna trade Beasley before signing Wade/bosh. Beasley still has lots of potential. If Wade doesn't stay in Miami, Beasley is gonna be the first scoring option. I still think you can build a team around beasley better then Haywood.

if Beasley is your first scoring option then that team will win 10 games MAX

still depends on who else we can sign.... beasley can still score, but having haslem behind him and the offense going through wade was not a good look for him.... if beasley gets the green light to do what he wants on offense like mayo and rose i think he would put up good numbers.... if the right team is built around beasley and not having wade i think we can win more the 10 games....

Surprised Dallas wasn't more aggressive with trying to get Beasley or O'Neal.

Jermaine could be a solid player for a team still & Beasley could be a good 3rd option for a team.

laugh.gif
at lebrons announcement at a set time on espn.
laugh.gif

lebron is as talented as can be, but dude is feeling himself way too much.

A LOT of ya'll took Ric Bucher's "Done" out of context.

It was also clear to me that it was just a trade scenario

Can somebody find me one person that thinks this is a good idea?

I mean, outside the inner circle?

Dude's so far removed from reality...

Can't tell you how much respect I've lost for LeBron. Since that Game 5, just straight south.
Spoiler [+]
But if he signs with Chicago, all's forgiven
laugh.gif

does that mean Bosh will anounce at 9:01?

I want to see LeBron sit at a table with 6 hats on there. when he is ready, just put on one of the hats. He didnt get to do it for college so do it now

lebron is on one for having his own special on espn. i dont care if they proceeds go to charity. that man needs to get his head out of his own butt

This dude really having a hour long special just to say where he's going.
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Man I feel for you Knicks and Cavs fans, Lebron has y'all and your respective organizations by the balls.

I know ESPN execs creamed their pants when Lebron's people came to them with this proposal.

A lot of you need to relax with all this "lost respect for LeBron" crap. You are all hypocrites, once he signs with "your" team you won't give a %+$$. You will be so happy and all that respect will be back, you will buy his jersey and go to games.

The rest of you will use this to continue the hate you have for him, when in reality its all a front.

Back
Top Bottom