* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what makes haywood better then JO?
Nothing, really, but JO has never played with a really good passing PG, so I'd be intrigued, since he's a big who used to put up big numbers, maybe it can help revitalize him.

Plus, swapping JJ fricking Barea for Beasley would make me a happy camper.

I have a feeling Haywood isn't coming back to Dallas, THAT'S why I'm for this trade.

The thing with JO is, I thought he was a FA? So wouldn't a trade involving him, mean him signing a new contract? Plus Haywood played good for them once he got on board, and if the talent level isn't that far between the two, why not keep the player who doesn't have a big an injury history as JO does.

Then if it means including Beaubois, then really, what's the point of the trade.

Originally Posted by franchise3

The thing with JO is, I thought he was a FA? So wouldn't a trade involving him, mean him signing a new contract? Plus Haywood played good for them once he got on board, and if the talent level isn't that far between the two, why not keep the player who doesn't have a big an injury history as JO does.

Then if it means including Beaubois, then really, what's the point of the trade.
Yeah that's the thing, having to do a double S+T, which I hear is very difficult to pull off.

Haywood was out pretty much all of 09, but yeah I agree, the one hesitation is that JO could get injured, then we'd be screwed. But, we had a stretch last year where both Dampier and Haywood were hurt (not at the same time); although we struggled we still made it.

JO is far and above the better offensive player, and if we get to keep Dampier (a good defensive player), I'd be okay with that.

If it's for Beaubois, I forget the deal and don't think twice.
laugh.gif

JO may be better offensively, but I checked to see when's the last time dude played more than 70 games in a season. I stopped looking after going back like 5 years. Doing a S&T with O'Neal... You'll reap what you sow, Dallas. And dude is 31

Dallas better not trade Haywood for JO. He sucks, and will 100% be hurt. Also Rodrigue Beaubois better not be in any deal, the kid can play. I'd take Beasley over JO, and feel free to get rid of JJ

Originally Posted by franchise3

JO may be better offensively, but I checked to see when's the last time dude played more than 70 games in a season. I stopped looking after going back like 5 years. Doing a S&T with O'Neal... You'll reap what you sow, Dallas. And dude is 31
Hater, he played exactly 70 games last year!
laugh.gif

68 the year before, 41 (
sick.gif
), and 69 the year before.

70 sure is arbitrary.
laugh.gif

Once again, I feel that Haywood won't re-sign for us, so why not S+T him, get a young prospect who's productivity was hindered by Wade, and get a slightly inferior replacement for him? And clear a log-jam at PG?

Beasley has no place on the Mavs roster though, with Marion signed for the next 4 years. In fact, I doubt he gets any playing time at all and will be shopped next February or will just walk next summer.

As a backup PF/C I wouldn't mind JO here but as a starting center? I don't like him...in fact, he is still a PF that has been forced to play C for so long. If we're going to get another PF to start with Dirk, we might as well make the trade for Big Al

The Mavs were talkin like they wouldn't trade Roddy for anything short of an elite player... And we're concerned about them including him in a deal for JO and Beasley?
laugh.gif
Stop.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You think Dirk is the kind of guy that would slam Gallo?
roll.gif

Dirk would never have a bad thing to say to anyone in front of the media.
ummmmmmmmmm yea he did. he took shots at Kobe...on some jealous type steez...

Source?

posting for later.

you REALLY dont remember when dirk was hating on kobe after he owned dallas with the 63 points in 3 quarters??

It's just JO is 31 and is a lock to miss *at least* 12 games a year. Very likely to miss more. And with a double S&T, the Mavs will have him locked up for 2-3-4-5 years.

Dampier's contract is being used as a trade chip, so what happens when JO goes down?

Jason Terry + Jason Kidd ain't getting any younger, so the Mavs would be better served to see what he has, before they just ship him away for...

An injury prone O'Neal and Beasley

There's gotta be a better deal somewhere if they want to go down that route

WojYahooNBA

Cavs officials are confident of two things now, multiple sources say: Chris Bosh won't play for them next season, but LeBron James will.

Bosh has long made it clear that he doesn't want to play in Cleveland, and LeBron knew it was a longshot to sell him on it.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't understand why Bosh isn't more interested in a sign and trade with Houston.

1. He gets to be "The Centerpiece"
2. He'll get his $
3. Good supporting cast
4. Very good location

5.  Home State
Bosh doesn't want to go home. Too many distractions he says...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Lebron wouldn't be able to wear a headband in Chicago right? He loves that headband.
laugh.gif
Nah, that was the old rule of that douche Skott Skiles.
Not true ... No-one on the Bulls has worn a headband in YEARS.

RicBucher

Not sure where the idea Tor won't S&T w/Mia came from, but it's not true. Calderon/Bosh for Chalmers, 2 future 1sts + trade exception: done.

IS IT TRUE?????

Not sure where the idea Tor won't S&T w/Mia came from, but it's not true. Calderon/Bosh for Chalmers, 2 future 1sts + trade exception: done. 19 minutes ago via web

RicBucher

BOSH???

Back
Top Bottom