* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

maybe its once the NBA season starts then DoubleJ, but i know once the rookie signs his contract he cant be traded for X amount of time

I think you have to wait like 3 months after a player signs their contract or wait until Dec. 15, definitely one or the other.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Why are they talking about Anderson Varejao as a potential S&T piece for Toronto and Cleveland...
sick.gif
smh.gif
Colangelo got a clue or no?

THANK YOU

how do you say no to deng but with take that bum andy and his horrible contract

and im not talking about the nets getting Amare or Bosh

if they offer Lee or boozer and big contract there a lock to go to NJ, so why draft favors then sign one of them to a long term deal?

once Favors signs his contract he cant be traded till Febuary(which if he played his 1st summer game already he proably has)
Agree w/ everything u & Nowitness said....but for the bolded, didn't Maynor get traded from Utah like 15-20 games into his rookie year?
Donte Green was traded in the summer of '08 for Ron Artest, i dunno when he signed his contract. they might have to wait till august to make it "official" but i dont know the details really

I find it hard to believe Colangelo isnt open to a S&T with Miami for Michael Beasley. He's better than anyone the Cavs could offer us in return. The Bulls obviously have Noah but I highly doubt they are willing to part with him.

I think the Raps will end up signing and trading Bosh because it is in their best interests to do so (as opposed to letting him walk for nothing).

Greene signed with the Rockets on July 15, 2008 and proceeded to score 40 points in his summer league debut at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. He hit 12–20 field goals, including 5-of-10 threes, to go along with 11-of-12 free throws.[14][15] On July 30, 2008, according to NBA front-office sources confirmed to ESPN.com, it was agreed that Greene, along with Bobby Jackson, a 2009 first-round draft pick and an excess of 1 million dollars, were to be traded by the Rockets to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Ron Artest.[16] The deal was made official on August 14, when Greene (per NBA rules) was eligible to be traded after signing a contract with Houston on July 14.

looks like you just have to wait a month to trade them after they sign

Originally Posted by franchise3

If you're Toronto, why pair up Bosh and Lebron? Bosh could be the piece that puts the Cavs over the top. And hey look, you play in the East with them dudes. It'd be unsettling to fans I reckon, in the playoffs, seeing Bosh and Lebron destroy your squad.

But ESPN is also reporting Bosh doesn't want to play in Cle.
1. The Raptors wont be title contenders anyways so it wont matter to them if a team with LeBron and Bosh are stacked.

2. It'd be better for the Raptors to get some good players in return for Bosh rather than letting him walk away for nothing.

3. It is in Bosh's absolute best interests to get the Raptors to sign and trade him because such a scenario would make Bosh $30 million richer.

Can someone explain to me why Bosh would want to play for the New Jersey Nets? I can understand Chicago or Miami but I have trouble understanding why he'd want to play for the Nets. I'm thinking he thinks Prokhorov will make the team better + Nets young talent + Nets moving to Brooklyn. Still, I think going to Chicago or Miami or joining LeBron in Cleveland would be better than going to the Nets (too many question marks at this point).

I don't understand why Bosh isn't more interested in a sign and trade with Houston.

1. He gets to be "The Centerpiece"
2. He'll get his $
3. Good supporting cast
4. Very good location

If I'm the Raptors, I'm just letting Bosh walk. I wouldnt want to take back garbage like Andy & Anthony Parker and you'd get to stick it to him by not allowing him to get that $30 million.

totally hypothetical on 1050 ESPN Radio trade proposal Nets and Raptors switch

Derrick Favors and Devin Harris is an S&T for Bosh and then signing Felton.

Would you do it?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by franchise3

If you're Toronto, why pair up Bosh and Lebron? Bosh could be the piece that puts the Cavs over the top. And hey look, you play in the East with them dudes. It'd be unsettling to fans I reckon, in the playoffs, seeing Bosh and Lebron destroy your squad.

But ESPN is also reporting Bosh doesn't want to play in Cle.
1. The Raptors wont be title contenders anyways so it wont matter to them if a team with LeBron and Bosh are stacked.

2. It'd be better for the Raptors to get some good players in return for Bosh rather than letting him walk away for nothing.
-thats the same logic memphis used with the Paul gasol trade and its still a stupid logic to this day

-raptors should get something back, but if every package that is offered to them is crap tell bosh to walk away from that 30 million. dont do a S&T just because bosh wants one

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't understand why Bosh isn't more interested in a sign and trade with Houston.

2. He'll get his $
3. Good supporting cast
4. Very good location

The more and more I read and look at the situation, plus with me trusting Daryl Morey, I would say Bosh is going to Houston. Toronto will receive the best package back as well. I mean if Bosh says no, Toronto can just say no to a S&T and cost him 30m. Toronto isn't exactly receiving Godfather offers from other teams. They don't have to get something back just to get something back.

Here's what I don't get about this whole situation.

Why doesn't Bron just dictate what he wants and let the rest fall into place.

That's to say, if he really wanted Bosh to get to Cleveland, he could probably find a way. And if he wanted to play with Amare and Wade in NY, he could make that happen.

Basically I don't see the point of sitting back and taking offers, just dictate the situation. He has more than enough power to do that, even if people were to accuse him of abusing that power.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Would you do it?

Best of all the deals I have seen for the Raps.... (minus what Houston could have done, I guess)

They'd have a traffic jam at PF... but young, trade-able talent is never a bad thing.

Would NJ realistically do this, though?

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by Proshares

Duhon got 4 years/$15 million from Orlando.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.co..._duke_v_11p.standard.jpg src="http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/031210/031210_duke_v_11p.standard.jpg">

Now trade VC for Deng
nerd.gif

Is this even a good pickup for the magic???? never really followed duhon's career. By the way, how the hell did orlando afford to give him a 4 yr/$15 mil offer??? I thought they were over the cap? hopefully with this signing it doesn't hurt our chances of re-signing redick
ohwell.gif

Orlando has Redicks bird rights, so they can go over the cap for him. Duhon will take up part of the MLE, they should have a couple million left over.

He's a solid pass-first PG who will do his job and not turn the ball over that much, solid backup considering Jameers injuries and J-Wills age concerns

I agree that the Raptors shouldnt S&T Bosh if teams are offering crap players in return like Varajeo, Hickson and Parker.

However, the way things are looking, Bosh is not willing to leave $30 million on the table so he may have to limit his options so that the Raptors can get back some players they actually want.

For example, Bosh could tell the Raptors he wants to go to 'Team A' but the Raptors will tell him we're not willing to trade with that team. Bosh would  then tell them he wants to go to either 'Team B or Team  C' and he'd eventually end up with whichever team that offers the Raptors the most suitable package.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Would you do it?

Best of all the deals I have seen for the Raps.... (minus what Houston could have done, I guess)

They'd have a traffic jam at PF... but young, trade-able talent is never a bad thing.

Would NJ realistically do this, though?

It was hypothetically brought up by Brandon Tierney but you would have to assume that if this was offered by the Raptors the Nets would do their do-diligence and think about it. It does leave them in a PG bind but yea you go and get Felton after. I would pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

2. He'll get his $
3. Good supporting cast
4. Very good location

5.  Home State

Damnit Bosh, it blows my mind why he'd go to Houston but not Dallas.
laugh.gif

Houston would be a good fit for him, but Yao needs to be healthy.

Twin Towers Part deux.

That trade is decent, but Toronto would have a jam at PG.

Devin AND Calderon?
laugh.gif

If the shoes drop like this... Bron, Bosh, Wade, and Bron and Bosh pair up? I see Wade in a Chicago jersey next season.

And I really don't see what the Raptors would possibly want from Cleveland.
sick.gif

Andy Varejao?

Wow.
laugh.gif

Ugh... Haywood is better than JO and I've got little or no hope for Beasley...

Back
Top Bottom