* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You think Dirk is the kind of guy that would slam Gallo?
roll.gif

Dirk would never have a bad thing to say to anyone in front of the media. 

ummmmmmmmmm yea he did. he took shots at Kobe...on some jealous type steez...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

You think Dirk is the kind of guy that would slam Gallo?
roll.gif

Dirk would never have a bad thing to say to anyone in front of the media.
ummmmmmmmmm yea he did. he took shots at Kobe...on some jealous type steez...

Source?

I'm shocked that it took 5 days for this thread to descend in to complete foolishness...

laugh.gif

Noah is a good center and LeBron knows that's. He isnt going to look at Chicago and put them in the same catergory as the Knicks. They have more weapons and are close to the Cavs without Bron.

Just read a tweet that there are some serious issues between WWW and the other members of LBJ's camp. WWW is pushing Bron to Chicago, while the others aren't too keen on that decision. As soon as Bron teamed up with WWW, these problems could have been seen from a mile ahead.

Someone on another forum just posted that he works for nike they just got a huge shipment of these in:

wuqcuc.jpg

He went on to say that they have never been orange before. He's from NY if anyone was wondering.

any one else want to punch this Wes dude in the face? acting like hes the one playing and getting 100 million. riding coat tails FTL

http://[h3]
[h3]Dumars turns down the Nets[/h3]
5:32AM ET

The was a report Monday out of New Jersey that Pistons president Joe Dumars had interviewed with the Nets, but Dumars told The Detroit News that's not true.

Reportedly Dumars is on Mikhail Prokhorov's list of NBA executives he'd like to talk with in regard to replacing Nets out-going president Rod Thorn.

"In response to today's media reports regarding the New Jersey Nets, I can say that I do not have any interest in a basketball operations position with the Nets," Dumars said in a statement. "My priority is to continue leading the Pistons' basketball operations efforts and putting together a team that is ready to compete and get back on track next season."

[h3]Rose preferred Joe over LeBron?[/h3]

6:40AM ET

The city of Chicago wants LeBron James, the Bulls organization wants LeBron, but if it were up to Derrick Rose, he would have preferred to have Joe Johnson join the team, instead of James.

Brian Windhorst of The Plain Dealer wrote the following tweets on Monday:

"LeBron really likes Rose and Joakim Noah. But there's lack if shooters on roster. Also it doesn't sound like he's exactly being welcomed by Rose."

"Didn't say Rose was anti-LeBron. But the word is preference was Joe Johnson. They have same agent. That is what multiple people tell me.

Arn Tellem represents Rose and Johnson, who has agreed to re-sign with Atlanta.
Melo to accept offer? Won't be traded?

7:29AM ET

The Nuggets have a standing $65 million extension offer on the table to Carmelo Anthony and the small forward is expected to sign it at some point, reports Benjamin Hochman of The Denver Post.

Hochman writes "Anthony doesn't have a timetable as he prepares for his wedding Saturday and waits to see how the Nuggets bolster their beleaguered frontcourt. While this is where Melo stands today, nothing is definite until he signs the contract, and he will naturally keep an eye on free-agent signings this month to see how all the teams make moves."

There had been some rumblings that the Nuggets would trade Anthony if he didn't sign the extension soon, but that's not true.

"There is no way we are trading Carmelo Anthony," a team official told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard. "We're 100 percent certain of that."

Anthony reportedly has told people close to him that he'd like to play in New York, but that would mean becoming a free agent in 2011 and that is a huge risk financially since any deal signed next summer would fall under a new restrictive collective bargaining agreement.

http://[h3]Heat talking with Mavs and Jazz[/h3]
8:53AM ET

[h5]Miami Heat [/h5]

Miami needs to address their point guard and center positions and are talking with several teams about sign-and-trade deals, reports The Miami Herald.

According to the newspaper, Miami has talked with Dallas and Utah about deals in which the Heat would trade free agent Jermaine O'Neal or Michael Beasley, or both.

Players that could come back to Miami include free agent center Brendan Haywood and point guard Jose Juan Barea from Dallas and free agents Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver from Utah.
[/h3]

The city of Chicago wants LeBron James, the Bulls organization wants LeBron, but if it were up to Derrick Rose, he would have preferred to have Joe Johnson join the team, instead of James.

"LeBron really likes Rose and Joakim Noah. But there's lack if shooters on roster. Also it doesn't sound like he's exactly being welcomed by Rose."

"Didn't say Rose was anti-LeBron. But the word is preference was Joe Johnson. They have same agent. That is what multiple people tell me.

Cleveland reporter spreading rumors like a little girl.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Cleveland reporter spreading rumors like a little girl.....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Cats getting desperate.
I understand how journalists have a vested interested in where Lebron goes because their paycheck is on the line. Lebron = more stories for 6 more years.

I mean...we've seen Rose do interviews (and heard about his SAT scores), he ain't exactly the smartest dude...

That Cavs writer might be the home town beat writer, but he's probably the most reputable dude when it comes to info, when it comes to anything Lebron.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Unfortunately for Knicks fans, signing Amar'e all but assures the fact that the team isn't going to change its anti-winning style of play.

It doesn't particularly matter who you plug in to the system - it's never going to succeed.
That's what I mentioned a while back, if it didn't work with Steve Nash in his prime, pre-surgery Amare, Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion?

Eh.
All that still won't stop Knicks fans from being insufferable, unfortunately.

the hate on knicks fans is amazing. we stuck by our team after a decade of some of the worst basketball ever seen.

oh and what happens if you plug lebron in our uptempo system? guess we will still be trash right? because all that ISO and half court set garbage really helped him out in the last 2 years of the post season.

was it really the cavs defense? no it was their stagnant offense

i don't love seven seconds or less. i want that nitty gritty slam, you on the floor if you take the ball to the hole style of play. But that era is gone.

[h1]Sources: Raptors OK with Bosh to Cavs[/h1]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

Everything is set for Chris Bosh to join LeBron James in Cleveland. Everything, that is, except Bosh's approval.

The Toronto Raptors have told the Cleveland Cavaliers they will do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh, according to several league sources.

The exact details of the potential trade have not been solidified, but Toronto likely would get Anderson Varejao and/or J.J. Hickson, Delonte West and perhaps Anthony Parker. A draft pick could be involved as well.

[h4]Mike & Mike in the Morning[/h4]
ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard says he thinks LeBron James is leaning towards staying in Cleveland. Chris Bosh wants to play with James but would rather do it in a bigger city than Cleveland.

Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, according to sources.

But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

The Cavaliers are hopeful that will change, because in Cleveland, Bosh can meet two of his top priorities: playing with James, and getting a six-year, $125 million contract.

If Bosh joins a team without doing a sign-and-trade, he will be able to sign only a five-year deal worth $96 million. He is determined not to leave that $29 million on the table, according to sources.

Although Bosh wants to play with James, he wants to do it in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey. Sources say he has told the Raptors those are the teams he would like to go to in a sign-and-trade.

Bosh also could play with Dwyane Wade instead of James in those cities.

Toronto, however, will not cooperate in a sign-and-trade with Miami, which has no players in whom the Raptors are interested, according to sources.

To move Bosh to Chicago, the Raptors likely would ask for Joakim Noah, though they could perhaps be persuaded to take a package that does not include him.

The Nets would seem to be able to put together an enticing package for the Raptors that included rookie lottery pick Derrick Favors.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

any one else want to punch this Wes dude in the face? acting like hes the one playing and getting 100 million. riding coat tails FTL

i still think this was all done on purpose.

what did we know about WWW before all of this? next to nothing. he lurked in the shadows. he was the guy you call to get something done. no mess, no fuss.

then all of a sudden he is throwing around quotes like "lebron is coming to chicago" it just doesn't make sense. way too open and frankly dumb. one article even described him as "telling everyone" about lebron going to the bulls

how do you go from the shadows to telling everyone about lebron's plans?

Originally Posted by Proshares

WOW @ that package for Bosh. If Toronto accepts that I'll feel sorry for their fans.
frown.gif

laugh.gif

Bryan Colangelo has shown he may have had something in Phoenix.... but lost it somewhere along the way to T.O.

I sincerely hope that is a rumor.

If you're Toronto, why pair up Bosh and Lebron? Bosh could be the piece that puts the Cavs over the top. And hey look, you play in the East with them dudes. It'd be unsettling to fans I reckon, in the playoffs, seeing Bosh and Lebron destroy your squad.

But ESPN is also reporting Bosh doesn't want to play in Cle.

Report: Cavs, LeBron Working On Recruiting Bosh

The Cavaliers and LeBron James are reportedly working on recruiting Chris Bosh to Cleveland.

The Raptors are open to completing a sign-and-trade with the Cavaliers.

Chad Ford reports that Bosh and James want to play together, but while the former prefers it to be with the Bulls, Heat or Nets, the latter wants it to be in Cleveland.

Bosh's agent Henry Thomas has confirmed to Jonathan Abrams of the New York Times that Cleveland has been in touch with his client.
http://www.realgm.com/src...king_on_recruiting_bosh/

Back
Top Bottom