* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

While speculation swirled about a possible union with Shaquille O'Neal , an NBA source said it's Miami's Jermaine O'Neal who is on the Mavericks' radar.

That doesn't mean O'Neal, 31, is on the verge of coming to Dallas, but he does have some intrigue. And it probably would be as a straight free-agent signing, not a sign-and-trade, the source said.

The idea would be to sign O'Neal, who averaged 13.6 points and 6.9 rebounds in 70 games and 28.6 minutes per game last season, for the mid-level exception or perhaps less.

And apparently, Raja Bell was on a local Dallas ESPN station, and said the Mavericks have contacted him, and said something to the effect of.. "call my agent, I'm ready."

Both Raja and JO would be nice additions, but I'd think that would eliminate our chances at re-signing Haywood, which would mean I don't think I'd be satisfied unless we made a trade, moving Dampier.

Kidd - Roddy - Barea
Caron - JET - Bell - Stevenson
Marion
Dirk - Najera
Damiper - JO

With Carroll, Jones (NBDL?) being in suits.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
@ all the dudes hating on LeBron. Every single one of you will be sitting on your couches at 9pm on Thursday watching the announcement.

I'd personally like to see LeBron just pick his next team randomly out of a hat on live television. Now that would be really exciting
pimp.gif

It ends @ 7

This drama filled FA needs to end already...I don't even care where these guys sign anymore...except for Wade, hopefully he re-signs with the Heat.

I'd personally like to see LeBron just pick his next team randomly out of a hat on live television. Now that would be really exciting
pimp.gif

I propose all free agents do this starting in 2011. Make it happen Stern...that would make the NBA interesting again

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

laugh.gif
@ all the dudes hating on LeBron. Every single one of you will be sitting on your couches at 9pm on Thursday watching the announcement.

pimp.gif

It ends @ 7
Different time zones man.
smh.gif

[h1]Source: Bosh to join Wade, Heat[/h1]
Chris Broussard

[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ESPN the Magazine[/font]

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday, according to the source.

James or not, the Heat could emerge as one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference with Wade and Bosh aboard. Wade, who led the Heat to the NBA title in 2006, is re-signing with the club, while Bosh will leave the Toronto Raptors after seven years with the club.

Both players are expected to get the maximum amount allowable under the league's collective bargaining agreement, though the addition of James could change the players' salaries. Contracts cannot be officially signed until July 8.

It was not immediately clear whether Bosh will sign with Miami outright or join the Heat through a sign-and-trade deal. Bosh could earn $125 million over six years via sign-and-trade, but only $96 million over five without it.

"Either way, he's definitely going to Miami," the source said.

Chris Broussard is an NBA writer for ESPN The Magazine.

[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Says Chris Broussard, though. I've also been hearing that they're just planning on having a conference call, which Broussard could just be taking out of proportion[/font]

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

While speculation swirled about a possible union with Shaquille O'Neal , an NBA source said it's Miami's Jermaine O'Neal who is on the Mavericks' radar.

That doesn't mean O'Neal, 31, is on the verge of coming to Dallas, but he does have some intrigue. And it probably would be as a straight free-agent signing, not a sign-and-trade, the source said.

The idea would be to sign O'Neal, who averaged 13.6 points and 6.9 rebounds in 70 games and 28.6 minutes per game last season, for the mid-level exception or perhaps less.

And apparently, Raja Bell was on a local Dallas ESPN station, and said the Mavericks have contacted him, and said something to the effect of.. "call my agent, I'm ready."

Both Raja and JO would be nice additions, but I'd think that would eliminate our chances at re-signing Haywood, which would mean I don't think I'd be satisfied unless we made a trade, moving Dampier.

Kidd - Roddy - Barea
Caron - JET - Bell - Stevenson
Marion
Dirk - Najera
Damiper - JO

With Carroll, Jones (NBDL?) being in suits.

another first round exit for this team.

somethings gotta give with that overcrowded back court of average players.

package kidd roddy and jett or caron for cp man...

this is another team that doesnt have a second option. they need a guy who can compliment dirk.

I see Felton or Korver going to Miami. For sure Mike Miller, I think they resign Q and JO. J-Will as a back up. Maybe Richard Jefferson for long term.

I think Bron has to go to Chicago or New Jersey just because of the piece there. Staying doesn't make sense right now.

Boozer and Lee on Chicago or New Jersey, separate, is good for both team any way. With Noah or Brook at the 5 is a good starting 5, so one of them might get paid a bit more.

I'm still calling for Bron in a Sunday church suit
laugh.gif
with all the caps on the table and then deciding which team he picks. This will be like the American Idol finale where they look back on his career, what he did recent, how he compares to the great, overlook his decision on which teams make the right fit. Then his decision.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

package kidd roddy and jett or caron for cp man...
C - Jason Kidd
PF - Marcus Thornton
SF - Jason Terry
SG - Rodrigue Beaubois
PG - Darren Collison

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

oh and everyone remember we have the other alternative sports yuku board incase nt crashes or slows up on lebron decision 2010
laugh.gif
 dont put yourself through the anger of a slow board
tongue.gif

Would assume now that Ray Allen is going to wind up in Miami. Looks like the perfect landing spot for him

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Would assume now that Ray Allen is going to wind up in Miami. Looks like the perfect landing spot for him
That would be Boston actually.

I dont believe Boston is the best spot for him.  Can probably squeeze more $$$ & years out of Miami and he would be a great piece to the puzzle there.

[h1]Bosh to join Wade in signing with Heat[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 22 minutes ago

Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) have decided to sign with the Miami Heat while continuing to recruit LeBron James(notes) to help them form an All-Star triumvirate that threatens to shift the NBA’s balance of power, two sources with knowledge of the plans told Yahoo! Sports.

“They think they’ve got a real chance to pull this off with LeBron,

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I dont believe Boston is the best spot for him.  Can probably squeeze more $$$ & years out of Miami and he would be a great piece to the puzzle there.

He just went to 2 of the past 3 finals with Boston.  The rest of the core will be back next year.  I dont see any way in which Boston isnt the best spot for him.  Boston right now is MUCH better than Miami is.

(IF LeBron goes to Miami, I take back this entire post.  Thats the only scenario in which Miami would be better.)

I'm wrong on prediction #1.
Let's see how Thursday goes.

What a move by Bosh. Toronto Raptors executives probably don't know what hit them. Do they want to do a sign and trade? I don't know how much effort Beasley will put forth in Toronto.

Back
Top Bottom