* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

laugh.gif
I find it hilarious how so many people are adamant on believing that the Chicago Bulls are truly the best landing spot for LeBron...that couldn't be further from the truth. Just shows how easily ESPN/other sports media outlets have warped you guys into believing almost anything they say, that core is just NOT the best

It's clear to me and several other people who's opinions on the NBA I trust more than most that LeBron ends up on the Nets. There are just too many factors pointing towards that - the league is getting younger, younger talent has flooded the market, and the Nets are full of that. Brook Lopez is a dominant center that can go up against anyone, absolutely anyone. Derrick Favors is a player that by year 2 should be a more dominant force than Joakim Noah is at this point, and eventually within 3 years could be yet another superstar on the team. Add in the fact that they have a (oft injured) solid PG in Devin Harris, someone that can get the ball up quick and has an overall solid, quality game, and a guy like Terrance Williams who has a wide body that will wear down defenders (similar to LeBron) and it's clear that this is the best spot for him.

Now, add in the other factors such as the owner being Mikhail Prokorov (a top 5 owner in sports worldwide) and the Jay Z ties, then the Brooklyn in 3-4 year ties (talk about legacy defining) and you almost have an all in.

I'm saying in LeBrons mind it has to be 80% Nets, 11% Knicks, 9% Cavs...

The Knicks are a bit tricky because of the tax costs, I believe even at a max deal he'd end up paying about 6 million back in taxes. However on the other side he can easily cover those tax costs with the (+ money he'd be making in) endorsement deals, so I'm not sure...I just don't think that'll be the scenario that unfolds due to other factors

JaredDudley619 Breaking News!!! My sources tell me Lebron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!

H3at23, you must be a HAPPYYYY man.
roll.gif

LeBron, do it, go to Miami.

I'll hate myself later for saying this, but make the Dream Team complete.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

laugh.gif
I find it hilarious how so many people are adamant on believing that the Chicago Bulls are truly the best landing spot for LeBron...that couldn't be further from the truth. Just shows how easily ESPN/other sports media outlets have warped you guys into believing almost anything they say, that core is just NOT the best

It's clear to me and several other people who's opinions on the NBA I trust more than most that LeBron ends up on the Nets. There are just too many factors pointing towards that - the league is getting younger, younger talent has flooded the market, and the Nets are full of that. Brook Lopez is a dominant center that can go up against anyone, absolutely anyone. Derrick Favors is a player that by year 2 should be a more dominant force than Joakim Noah is at this point, and eventually within 3 years could be yet another superstar on the team. Add in the fact that they have a (oft injured) solid PG in Devin Harris, someone that can get the ball up quick and has an overall solid, quality game, and a guy like Terrance Williams who has a wide body that will wear down defenders (similar to LeBron) and it's clear that this is the best spot for him.

Now, add in the other factors such as the owner being Mikhail Prokorov (a top 5 owner in sports worldwide) and the Jay Z ties, then the Brooklyn in 3-4 year ties (talk about legacy defining) and you almost have an all in.

I'm saying in LeBrons mind it has to be 80% Nets, 11% Knicks, 9% Cavs...

The Knicks are a bit tricky because of the tax costs, I believe even at a max deal he'd end up paying about 6 million back in taxes. However on the other side he can easily cover those tax costs with the (+ money he'd be making in) endorsement deals, so I'm not sure...I just don't think that'll be the scenario that unfolds due to other factors
roll.gif

Come on, son.

You know nobody likes it when you start tryna make everybody think you're the smartest man alive.

"My mind is so great"
laugh.gif

At this point, it's either staying home or the dream team. Either choice would be made for reasons that don't apply to the other choice you would have to imagine.

I wonder if Jared Dudley and OchoCinco have the same "sources" the ESPN heads have.

So NYK, MIA, or CLE for the King.

So many conflicting reports about New York..
nerd.gif

First, Amare, Melo, TP.

Then Melo is "Expected" to sign an extension, and Nuggets said they wouldn't trade him.

Then Bron is talking to Melo/Amare about coming to NYK?

Damn.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Jered Dudley: Lebron to the Knicks.

Ocho said same thing earlier.

Hmmm...

the sad part is yall really going to buy what they have to say

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by franchise3

Jered Dudley: Lebron to the Knicks.

Ocho said same thing earlier.

Hmmm...

the sad part is yall really going to buy what they have to say

Jared Dudley is on with Mason & Ireland regularly and his info is usually solid. And if LBJ is going to be a Knick, he would probably inform Amare who might have told Dudley. This is all speculation of course.

based on what happened today there is no way lebron is coming back to cleveland in my mind... with wade teaming up with a star lebron is going to new york, chicago, or jersey....

Some quotes from SVG:
R. Your thoughts on all this free agency stuff?

SVG: It’s gotten ridiculous I think. It’s really I mean it’s almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I’ve decided to stay in Cleveland but we’ve got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don’t do that enough. Look, the guy’s a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?

SVG: Yeah and Kevin Durant is more in the Kobe Bryant mode. You don’t hear Kobe Bryant and certainly not Kevin Durant talking about their brand. They don’t. I hear that from the other guys. I don’t hear those guys talking about their brand, they’re simply basketball players who want to be great players and win games. Not that those other guys aren’t great players and don’t want to win games. They do, but there’s also more to it. It’s not what I like. Other people, I guess, like it. I’m sure it will be a widely watched show tomorrow. It simply will not have me as an audience.
http://
R: Think he could go to Miami?
SVG: If he went anywhere but Cleveland I’d be shocked, but I’d be doubly shocked if he went to Miami. [Wade and James] both want to be the man. I think Chris Bosh was a different story. I think he had tried to be the man. It didn’t work. I think he’s willing to be a very, very good second fiddle. I think he’s seen what happened to Pau Gasol. Teams that are good but couldn’t win the playoffs to being the second guy in L.A. and it’s worked well for him. I’m sure Chris Bosh envisions something pretty much the same. All those guys would love to be the man but it’s not that easy as a lot of them have found. I think it’s great for the Heat and good for him.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...h-lebron-james-espn-announcement-special.html

I know that if Bron is going to the NY Area (Knicks or Nets) he would be in a better place then Cleveland. I know his heart is in Ohio and all, but he wants rings, and the best spot to get rings is in NY. Clevelands roster isn't that great... Shaq flopped... Trade for Jamison didn't work out... Bring back "Z" and sit him on the bench like a rookie... I think he would enjoy playing for Avery Johnson, but the system the Knicks play might suit him better... Plus with STAT there, it might be the icing on the cake... As stated earlier, he wanted STAT in Cleveland... here is his chance to play with him, plus they have room for next year's FA class...

I say it is:

45% Knicks
45% Nets
10% Cleveland

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

roll.gif
at the Knicks having some sort of interest in Boozer after signing Amar'e
roll.gif

it's called a smoke screen. people started bugging when we cancelle the meeting with felton. had to look busy

we would sign lee at that point no reason to overpay

SVG: It’s gotten ridiculous I think. It’s really I mean it’s almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I’ve decided to stay in Cleveland but we’ve got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don’t do that enough. Look, the guy’s a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?
5l9k53.gif

Multiple sources told Newsday that LeBron James' one-hour special on ESPN, called "The Decision", will be broadcast from a studio in Greenwich, Conn.

Back
Top Bottom