* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Some quotes from SVG:
R. Your thoughts on all this free agency stuff?

SVG: It’s gotten ridiculous I think. It’s really I mean it’s almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I’ve decided to stay in Cleveland but we’ve got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don’t do that enough. Look, the guy’s a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?

No one is forcing him to watch, hater.
pimp.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Multiple sources told Newsday that LeBron James' one-hour special on ESPN, called "The Decision", will be broadcast from a studio in Greenwich, Conn.

Cause he will start a riot in Cleveland if he doesn't stay, and they wouldn't let him leave the building...  
roll.gif

Congrats to the Heat. Bosh and Wade, together with a bunch of bums, rookies, and head cases, now that's what you call a championship contender, Sa Lou. Much success to them. Now it's Bron turn

SVG speaking the truth as usual.

Say what you want about him as a coach, but he's usually on point with his other comments and thoughts.

I'm not going to proclaim this FA frenzy is "the worst thing ever" because it can help my team drastically.. But I hope this is a one time deal and we don't go through this chaos again.

Errr, how could I forget the best quote from the SVG interview.
laugh.gif

R. Chris Bosh made his announcement on ESPN. Said he’s joining Wade.
SVG: Well, he’s been following him around for two weeks like his lapdog. So that doesn’t really surprise me.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i agree with stan on the whole durant and kobe thing.... those guys love the guy and dont promote themselves...i mean lebron is a freak athlete and we all know he is good.... but i mean what is an hour for? he went from a humble dude entering the league to becoming a diva....

While we know Bron is an attention %*%$+, bottomline, proceeds from that hour long special will go to charity. There's a number of sponsors lined up, and at the end of the day, can't get mad that people who need help will get hooked up.

Even though this whole thing has been OD

SVG: Well, he’s been following him around for two weeks like his lapdog. So that doesn’t really surprise me.

roll.gif

This dude SVG is a god damn clown.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i agree with stan on the whole durant and kobe thing.... those guys love the guy and dont promote themselves...i mean lebron is a freak athlete and we all know he is good.... but i mean what is an hour for? he went from a humble dude entering the league to becoming a diva....
laugh.gif
at Kobe/LeBron ever being "Humble"...they never were. 

But I don't even care that LeBron is, as long as he's a beast on that court, he has the right to do what he damn well pleases.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 @ SVG.

I wouldn't read to much into Lebron having the press conference in Greenwich. It's a neutral location and supposedly Melo is having his wedding there.

And after orchestrating all of this chaos it wouldn't be prudent for Lebron to have his press conference in one of the cities vying for his services.

Gotta maintain the suspense.

O'Neal's faves: Mavs, Nuggets, Celtics

Free-agent center Jermaine O'Neal said Wednesday that he expects to sign with one of the three following teams in coming days: Dallas, Denver or Boston.

"Those are my favorites," O'Neal told ESPN.com "Those are teams that are going to compete [for a championship] next year."

O'Neal said he's still deliberating between the three teams -- all believed to be offering a portion of the mid-level exception to sign him -- and called the decision perhaps "the most important of my career because I know this is kind of my last run at it" in terms of title-chasing.

O'Neal averaged 13.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 28.6 minutes in 70 games last season for the Heat, who are expected to renounce their rights to the former All-Star as part of the cap space-clearing exercise required to create sufficient cap room for the incoming Chris Bosh alongside a re-signed Dwyane Wade and Miami's other free-agent targets.

All three O'Neal suitors are searching for frontcourt depth.

Boston is expected to start the season without the injured Kendrick Perkins; Denver's Kenyon Martin and Chris Andersen are likewise recovering from injuries; and Dallas faces a potential void at center amid uncertainty about its ability to re-sign Brendan Haywood and with the Mavericks actively shopping Erick Dampier's non-guaranteed $13 million contract for an impact player.

O'Neal, 31, is an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career and had his best years in Indiana under Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle before persistent knee trouble derailed him.
Source

Not only is Greenwich not neutral, it's 10 minutes from the Knicks' practice facility and Westchester Airport, where the Knicks fly to/from.  It's in the Knicks backyard.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sound like something Jeff would say.

Bulls still have room to sign max player
nerd.gif

So to Bron it's Rose, Boozer, & Noah vs. Amare, Gallo, & Wilson vs. Brook, Devin & Favors

I'd still have to go with the Bulls having the best roster, but most of the signs now point to the Knicks or Nets

Back
Top Bottom