* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

So what if James decide to stay with cleveland is he going to get a new contract with more $$$? More money than the other teams that are offerring? 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and memphis still wont make the playoffs

laugh.gif

Ok.

You can add Milwakee to that list.
Im going with
1. New Jersey-Jay Z and billionaire owner
2. Cleveland-Loyalty, but you heard KG "loyalty is overrated" IMO he shouldn't waste his time there if there is no help there and no real chance of him winning.
3.Miami- Riley,Bosh and Wade Duhh
4. New York- the city and market opportunities
5. Chicago-young squad and pieces there now including Boozer

Damn next season the east is gonna be top heavy!!! booz to bulls, stat in NY, bosh + wade in MIA, wherever Bron goes it'll make that team even much better, can't count out the celts, and the magic who still pretty much also have their team intact. Next season will be very much interesting to say the less. No one out west is making moves though
laugh.gif
 so is it a lock that the lakeshow will be in the finals again for a 4th straight year?

3) Why would Lee want to go to Golden State? I mean yeah he'd get paid,and no offense to my GS brotheren, it just doesn't make sense to me.
It makes plenty of sense to me.

You know Don Nelson's pitch probably went something like: "Don't worry, nothing will be any different on the court than in New York. There's no learning curve here - Monta Ellis is on the team, for Christ's sake. All of our other players besides you will shoot transition threes and we'll be counting on you and you alone to be in the paint rebounding. You're our man, Dave. You can shoot as much as you want here... as long as it's off your own offensive rebounds. Defense? Don't even worry about it. That winning games thing? It'll come. Probably. We're already putting in the legwork in preparing for the 2014 free agent class. Big things, David... big things."

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

roll.gif

Come on, son.

You know nobody likes it when you start tryna make everybody think you're the smartest man alive.

"My mind is so great"
laugh.gif

At this point, it's either staying home or the dream team. Either choice would be made for reasons that don't apply to the other choice you would have to imagine.
Once you start proving time and time again that you are the smartest man alive, people start to follow...all I'm doing is getting my brand out there ala LeBron...

Hell, they should give me a 1 hour show before the 9pm show so I can break all this down,

There's no doubt in my mind I've looked into this more (looking at the right things) than you and I did that over the course of 2-3 nights, whereas you're just buying into the ESPN $$#%#$*!.

When did LeBron name what teams he had interest in? He never did, ESPN did. They said he HAD to go to the Knicks, Heat, Bulls, Nets or stay with the Cavs. Now, they don't even talk about the Nets...probably because anyone with knowledge on the situation knows New Jersey is the most likely fit...it's funny that those other 3 teams happen to be 3 of the biggest markets, and ESPN already has sites set up in two of those citys

It's also funny that nothing out of the ordinary and none of these reports have been true so far...

But you're in school and +#!+, you've got other things going on, I don't expect you to have the same view into the sportsworld as someone as smart and deeply engrained into it as say...me....so I give you this info, thats all
grin.gif

PS - For the guy that was aruging earlier about the Nets taking 4-5 years with LeBron to win. Eh. Top 3 seed in the East next year if he goes there, bank on that. The talent is already in place and its inarguable.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Cap 2 million MORE than expected?
nerd.gif

Too bad Mavericks are already like 30 million over.
laugh.gif
I'm happy about that.

We can use the MLE and still be under the luxury tax after we sign our rookies.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

do you know why ESPN is stupid?

because they have all there NBA people and others covering this lebron story and ALL of them have different reports on it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's such a god damn beating...

laugh.gif

If cap is 2mil. higher then expected, does that mean Chi. actually have room for two max FAs?
nerd.gif

And JA, i like AR's upside. I'd like a combination of Turiaf, AR, and Wright, and Monta (whatever makes the contracts work).

Source: Shaq Prefers Spurs, Wants to Play Two More Seasons

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Shaquille O'Neal's first choice is to join the San Antonio Spurs for one final run at a fifth NBA title, and he wants to play two more seasons before retiring, a source told FanHouse on Wednesday.

The source spent time Wednesday with O'Neal in the Orlando area, where the legendary free-agent center makes his offseason home.

The source said O'Neal said the Spurs and Atlanta are at the top of his list since there is interest with those teams on both sides. FanHouse's Tim Povtak reported Monday the link between O'Neal and the Hawks, and there were indications from San Antonio on Wednesday that the Spurs do indeed have interest.

O'Neal also is interested in Boston but the source said he realizes the Celtics don't have much interest in him. A source confirmed to Povtak on Wednesday that, while the Celtics have great respect for Shaq, he would disrupt their chemistry.

"He'd really like to go to San Antonio and team with Timmy (Duncan), and try to win one more title,'' said the source about O'Neal, who starred in high school in San Antonio.

Share112 Spurs general manager R.C. Buford declined comment.

The source said O'Neal, 38, plans to play two more seasons and then retire. He wants there to be a farewell tour in 2011-12, which he expects would be his 20th and final NBA season.

"He wants to sign a two-year deal,'' the source said about O'Neal, who made $21 million last season with Cleveland. "And then the second year will be a farewell tour. He can tell a team that you would sell out all 41 games (that season).''

That strategy might come in more handy with the future Hall of Famer possibly trying to convince Atlanta to offer him more than the midlevel exception of about $5.8 million. While the source said O'Neal would go to San Antonio for the midlevel, he said his preference if he joined the Hawks would be to get more money than that. The Hawks would need to make a move to have more than the midlevel, with one possibility trying to do a sign-and-trade with the Cavaliers.

One thing is for sure: the source said Shaq won't return to Cleveland.

"He thought it was OK,'' the source said of the one season O'Neal spent with LeBron James there. "But he won't be back.''

The source said O'Neal, who won titles with the Lakers in 2000, 2001 and 2002 and Miami in 2006, looked Wednesday to be in "good shape'' and that O'Neal still looks as if could contribute to a championship team. The source said O'Neal is going to let the free agency process play out and doesn't expect any deal to get done immediately. Players first can sign Thursday.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/07/source-shaq-prefers-spurs-wants-to-play-two-more-seasons/

Originally Posted by Want MJs

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Want MJs

Booz for 80 mil doesn't leave enough cap space for Bron Bron

Easily can be done.
Please explain...
If it's like most of these contracts the deal is mostly backloaded. I'm sure we'll get more concrete numbers, but rumors are the deal starts around 12-13 mil a year. That would give the Bulls a pay roll of 44 mil next year and with the cap now being 58 mill, they would still be able to sign Bron to the max 16 mil dollar deal.

Monta nor Wright were rumored in the most recent rumor.

Sure, AR has upside, but you just signed a guy to a max deal who plays the SAME EXACT POSITION.

Plus the other rumored pieces involved are Azubuike (who is one of my favorite Warriors), Radmanovic, and Turiaf.

The original rumor, started with a 3way trade with monta, al jeff, and lee being the main pieces.

Monta + AR would be nice to me imo. JA, if the knicks really do miss out on lebron, what the hell do you want us to do? resign lee? Sure, i;d love but, but does he not play the same position as amare as well?

Only a handful out there, are really legit 5s.

Back
Top Bottom