* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Proshares

I don't think Melo would go there but trade Granger for a solid PG, have those contracts come off the books and make a run at Melo.
we would gladly grab Granger.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Miami signs a bum and everyone gasps at how deep they are and what great moves they've made.

Boston signs a guy and they get called old. 

Same situation as last year.  The Celtics are gonna do the same thing next season, play like crap thru the regular season, hit the jets once the postseason starts.  I don't care if they go 41-41, the Celtics are comin out the East if they are healthy come spring time. 

Maybe because Miami put together a nice squad when EVERYONE thought it was IMPOSSIBLE.

And no offense C but I wouldn't worry so much about what goes on in the East & I would worry more about them OK City boys
pimp.gif
.......Dallas & Denver too
pimp.gif

People have more faith in the Celtics this upcoming year then I do.

Were old and just getting older. I see a lot of injuries coming our way and guys playing minutes they shouldn't.

Marquis Daniels won't do a damn thing next season.

He'll probably get injured for 30+ games and take himself out of the rotation anyways.

I think you're just nitpicking. Sure, what you're saying does indeed make sense, but you're overexaggerating no?

and CP, if i remember correctly, you were one of those saying Boston was DONE last year no? Looks like this years Finals must have shook you up a bit
laugh.gif

I think the talk of 'Melo needs to sign a new deal before the CBA expires' is a  bit of a stretch. Even if the player's union is forced to make concessions when the new CBA is agreed upon, a player of Melo's caliber will still make around $20 million a season. Melo is better off waiting until next summer before deciding on where he wants to take his talents.

As for Shaq possibly joining the Celtics...*yawn*...Shaq is finished...he has very little to contribute. I must admit that Boston's frontcourt with Perkins, Shaq, JO, KG and Big Baby looks nice but which one of those guys is capable of being a consistent offensive threat and put up 20 ppg during the playoffs? None of them are. If Boston get Shaq then it'll be pretty clear who has more frontcourt depth between them and Miami but is Boston's front court that much better? And if so, can Boston's front court help overcome Boston's disadvantage in the back court (Chalmers+Wade+LeBron > Rondo+Allen+Pierce)?

I think the talk of 'Melo needs to sign a new deal before the CBA expires' is a  bit of a stretch. Even if the player's union is forced to make concessions when the new CBA is agreed upon, a player of Melo's caliber will still make around $20 million a season. Melo is better off waiting until next summer before deciding on where he wants to take his talents.

As for Shaq possibly joining the Celtics...*yawn*...Shaq is finished...he has very little to contribute. I must admit that Boston's frontcourt with Perkins, Shaq, JO, KG and Big Baby looks nice but which one of those guys is capable of being a consistent offensive threat and put up 20 ppg during the playoffs? None of them are. If Boston get Shaq then it'll be pretty clear who has more frontcourt depth between them and Miami but is Boston's front court that much better? And if so, can Boston's front court help overcome Boston's disadvantage in the back court (Chalmers+Wade+LeBron > Rondo+Allen+Pierce)?

Originally Posted by BangDak

I think you're just nitpicking. Sure, what you're saying does indeed make sense, but you're overexaggerating no?

and CP, if i remember correctly, you were one of those saying Boston was DONE last year no? Looks like this years Finals must have shook you up a bit
laugh.gif
Who were you talking to?
nerd.gif

I'm just lost.

Marquis is a non-factor? I mean, I know he's injury prone, but still, damn.

This NBA season is going to be the best since the MJ days
pimp.gif

I cannot wait much longer.

laugh.gif

Nah, CP was one of the few people saying they weren't done. Even I didn't believe him.

^ Boston window isn't shut man. Must you forget they were a game away from another title just a couple months ago.

Bigmike23 wrote:
so the spurs are done but boston is not?

Correct.

And I realize that it sounds weird, but Boston's team was DEEP, and the Spurs was not.  Manu is so overrated to me it's not even funny, and Duncan was just not the same Duncan in that he couldn't carry them like he used too.  See, KG gets old and it's ok, he doesn't HAVE to do 25 and 12 for Boston.  SA HAS to have Duncan do that in order for them to be successful.  KG can play great D, grab 10-12 boards and hit a couple of his soft fadeaways and Boston is just fine.  That's a huge difference in the way the two teams operate. 

Pierce and Ray are stronger these days then Manu and TP, and then you get to add Rondo with Perk's D, and forget it, to me, Boston is hands down better then the Spurs.  I called it early last year and I stuck with that all year long.  (Thank you JD)  I hadn't even factored in Davis playing a helluva lot better then most people expected, Sheed finally doing something at least since he was garbage for 7 months prior to the playoffs, and then you add little things like Tony Allen's D, spark here and there from Nate and you have some things workin for you.  For next year, you get both ONeals, maybe Davis improves a little, Rondo gets a little better in his mid range game, Nate for a full year to help out, Perk takes his time coming back, then once he does, that team just gets deeper and deeper,  as long as KG can stay anywhere close to what he was this year and his knee gets further removed from that surgery, he keeps playin D and gettin boards and Ray and Pierce are able to at least monitor their minutes, they KNOW how to play the game come playoff time.  Now, can they go 6 months playing balls out and win 60 games, AND THEN go win for 2 months in the playoffs?  No.  No chance at all.  Can they coast for 6 months, and then turn it on come playoff time and win anywhere?  Yes, they just proved it too you. 

The Spurs have been done since 07.  They aren't suddenly going to turn on the light and figure it out.  Duncan can give you a game, or a series, but he can't give you 2 months straight anymore.  And Manu's game of crashing and falling all over the court isn't gonna cut it for 2 months if he has to carry Duncan either.  They're a solid team as always, but they don't have the weapons anymore to compete.  

Shaq, J Oneal, Perkins, Rondo, Davis, Nate, Daniels,

Haslem, Z, Miller, Jones, Arroyo, House, Chalmers, Howard, Magloire,

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone thinks those Miami guys are gonna do more then what Boston has.  And what if Boston finds a way to convince Sheed to come back for another go say in February?  Yet another defender/shooter (who'd only be good come playoff time anyways) Pffffff, it would a serious problem for the Heat. 

Now if Perk is dead come playoff time, and Sheed doesn't come back, and they have anyone else with even a twinge of an injury affecting them, then yeah, Boston gets set back mightily I know that.  But if healthy, they come out the East imo.  I seen Bron's act come playoff time, I know how that story goes.  And Bosh vs KG?  When it matters?   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I ain't sidin with Bosh on that one.   I haven't even brought up the ego part yet and how all that meshes together.  We know the Celts can work together, we don't know that about the Heat and I can't be the only one with doubts about them, I can't be.  There's tons of smarter guys then me that come into this thread. 

I know Doo hates me for sayin it for 3 years straight now, but I called the Spurs in 08, again in 09, was right again in 10, I mean, what more do I have to do with that squad? 
laugh.gif
  Do I have to start predicting scores of their games or somethin?  Damn. 
laugh.gif

Heat, I have my eye on OKC, I know they're comin.  They need another year of seasoning though, maybe two.  But did you just tell me to worry about Denver and Dallas? 
laugh.gif
  We on candid camera or something, you were joking right?  Come on man, unless those two teams combine their rosters together and trot out a lineup of Kidd, Billups, Melo, Dirk and Nene with Jet, JR, KMart, Butler, Chandler and Marion off the bench, and then add Larry Brown as the coach or something, I don't stay up at night worrying about those guys. 

Back
Top Bottom