* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Quick informal poll here.......

Better SF, Paul P or 'Nique? 

First thought, first thing that came to mind, I had 'Nique big, but I realize I'm a Laker.  So everyone else, who is the better player of the two? 

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by CP1708

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON KOBE?
I thought you'd never ask. We'll be on the plane, playing cards. Kobe will walk up, stop the game and say, "Ron, come to the back of the plane." Then, he'll show me some tape and say, "Look at this. Here's what you need to do." I'll go back to my seat, and then he'll walk up to Shannon Brown, stop the card game and do the same thing. And it doesn't matter if you're sleeping. He'll wake you up and show you things you've never thought about. He puts so much time and passion into the game. I have no problem following somebody who's worth being followed, who works as hard as me. I will follow Kobe anywhere.

I wonder if LeBron's teammates say the same thing about him.  All they learned from him was dance moves and secret handshakes and how to hold press conferences in your junior high cafe. 

But I'm sure Bron works just as hard, like I've been told before on this board. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Is there a full article on this?

It's the ESPN mag article, Ron's on the cover. 

I don't have a problem with opening with Houston.

Solid Western Conference team, I don't see what the problem is?  

Originally Posted by CP1708

Quick informal poll here.......

Better SF, Paul P or 'Nique? 

First thought, first thing that came to mind, I had 'Nique big, but I realize I'm a Laker.  So everyone else, who is the better player of the two?
It depends on what you value more. the fact that Paul has committed to a team concept and won a title or that overall Nique has better career averages, and played in an era where he was probably the 3 or 4th best wing ( If you watched the games)

I personally say Nique and imo it isn't that close

Shaq: Bigger risk/reward than Kwame. Could potentially hurt locker room chemistry. There's been plenty of guys who have come through the team with egos and personalities and what not, but Shaq's persona is bigger than all of them.

Better player/individual honors: Dominique.

Better overall career: Pierce.

IMO, Shaq could easily average 15 and 10 on the Celtics. That's a good look for him, but dude should really retire soon.
laugh.gif

Shaq would do nothing but help the team chemistry. He knows he's in the twilight of his career he aint in T.O. mode complaining about how the ball doesn't go through him enough on offense. The most he'd do is start going on about the Big 5
laugh.gif

If he's healthy the Celts have another good chance to win a championship especially if Perkins is a 100% by playoffs.

Shaq isn't going to have a positive impact on the Celtics, and hell will freeze over before he averages 15 & 10 again.

If Shaq goes to Boston, it'll be interesting to see which O'Neal gets more playing time. A big man lineup of O'Neal, O'Neal, Perkins, Garnett, and Davis would abuse Miami's bigs.

I thought Shaq would be truly motivated and ready to be a force when he came to CLE. He was such a bust man. I just don't see him being a force in Boston unless he has a different mindset....

Contracts of Chapman, Warkentien Not Extended

DENVER, Aug. 3, 2010 -- The Denver Nuggets announced today that the contracts of executives Rex Chapman and Mark Warkentien will not be extended for the 2010-11 NBA season.

“Mark and Rex have played important roles in our success over the past several seasons,

Contracts of Chapman, Warkentien Not Extended

DENVER, Aug. 3, 2010 -- The Denver Nuggets announced today that the contracts of executives Rex Chapman and Mark Warkentien will not be extended for the 2010-11 NBA season.

“Mark and Rex have played important roles in our success over the past several seasons,

Shaq to the Celtics is a good look.
pimp.gif

He can still be a problem and IMO fits with what Boston needs. KG, Shaq, JO, Perkins & Big Baby, when healthy could be a decent lineup down-low.

Boston still looking old though, but I'm happy they added Shaq to the mix. The Big Shamrock
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom