* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Haven't read the entire thread, but the rumor out here is that the Blazers will be the Knicks home opener in NY on Oct. 30th.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i still cant believe that a whole city is this mad with just one guy leaving...
laugh.gif
salty ex girlfriends..

well just imagine Dwade dragging along miami ONLY to join lebron and bosh in chicago or new york while announcing it on his own special. heat fans would have felt the same as cavs fans do.

any major superstar who did that to their current team would have that city's fans all on their back ready to kill dudes... 

people who say otherwise were probably never a fan of that team and just a fan of that player ie a couple of so called cavs fans on here who bandwagon jumped when lebron left...

also that dude with the kevin durant screen name who all of a sudden became a heat fan lol *@@$ is pathetic

The Basketball Jones:
By now, you may have already heard that ESPNLosAngeles.com pulled anarticle by Arash Markazi they posted this morning about what it's liketo party with LeBron James. Most of the story — which has been screencapped on Deadspin— seems pretty innocuous. It reveals LeBron to be your standard A-Listceleb with all the hangers-on and the sense of entitlement we’ve cometo expect.
Why did the story get pulled? My guess is that it wasbecause of these two paragraphs, which make the unattributed claim thatLeBron really wants to team up with Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul.
Seated to the right of James is Chris Paul, whose brother, C.J., isseated across from him. The New Orleans Hornets point guard has seenhow James has positioned himself to win a championship by signing withthe Miami Heat and joining forces with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh andhas reportedly considered a similar move himself.

The truth is, in James' dream world, the duo he would love to play with for the next decade would be Wade and Paul, his two closest friends in the NBA. Paul has been like a brother to James since the two were in Las Vegas four years ago for USA Basketball training camp, when as a rookie he carried James' and Wade’s bags to and from the team bus.

This is an interesting and potentially explosive claim by Markazi, since it implies that Bosh isn't part of LeBron’s closest circle of friends and may not factor into his long-term plans. Say what you want about whether or not a LeBron-Wade-Bosh trio is a more potent combo than LeBron-Wade-Paul, but it's become evident that LeBron wants things done his way all the time — regardless of whether or not it's the best way.

Considering that Paul isn't happy in New Orleans, Markazi's claim suggests a potential scenario where the Heat could offer Bosh in a trade for Paul at some point in the future. The Hornets may not be crazy about that offer since their second-best player, David West, plays the same position as Bosh. On the other hand, they're probably not going to get offered a better player in return for Paul, and West could certainly be traded elsewhere.

This is all speculation piled upon speculation –  but if you think it sounds too crazy, wouldn't you have thought the idea of LeBron, Wade and Bosh all playing together in Miami was crazy a few months ago? That ESPN story got killed for a reason, and you can be pretty sure that somebody in LeBron's camp had something to do with it. If I'm Chris Bosh, I'm not feeling too secure with my place next to the throne right now.

A couple of related facts in closing: The NBA issued a memo to all the teams yesterday stating that "no team should be having communications with Chris Paul or his agent or representative about a potential trade for Paul that have not been authorized in advance by the New Orleans Hornets" and threatens penalties for any such communications that could potentially include "suspension of the offending person, prohibition of the offending team from hiring the person being tampered with, forfeiture of draft picks and individual and/or team fines of up to $5 million." As for the Heat’s ability to trade Bosh, the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement states that a player can’t be traded until three months after signing a contract or December 15th of that season, whichever is later.

smh.gif

That would be so cold blooded
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Thing is I don't see NO taking on Bosh's 6 year contract especially after the new CBA whether he's a franchise player or not.

Also
Paul has been like a brother to James since the two were in Las Vegas four years ago for USA Basketball training camp, when as a rookie he carried James' and Wade’s bags to and from the team bus.
Damn I wish I had a brother like that
laugh.gif
Guess he's the lil brother that don't know no better and just wants to be down. I mean really was this some kind of hazing or something?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif
salty ex girlfriends..

well just imagine Dwade dragging along miami ONLY to join lebron and bosh in chicago or new york while announcing it on his own special. heat fans would have felt the same as cavs fans do.

any major superstar who did that to their current team would have that city's fans all on their back ready to kill dudes... 

people who say otherwise were probably never a fan of that team and just a fan of that player ie a couple of so called cavs fans on here who bandwagon jumped when lebron left...

also that dude with the kevin durant screen name who all of a sudden became a heat fan lol *@@$ is pathetic

there is a difference between being mad and being cleveland mad... most cities would have just moved on and called it good... while there is still new boards and stuff about lebron is pretty pathetic from a whole city standpoint...  im just saying that cleveland fans are taking it to another level... even if there is nothing better to do in cleveland

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif
salty ex girlfriends..

there is a difference between being mad and being cleveland mad... most cities would have just moved on and called it good... while there is still new boards and stuff about lebron is pretty pathetic from a whole city standpoint...  im just saying that cleveland fans are taking it to another level... even if there is nothing better to do in cleveland

yea you are right about nothing to do in cleveland
laugh.gif
when you compare miami to cleveland its like comparing usa to iraq hahaha

i really do feel bad for cavs fans but then again they were the cockiest mofos on this board for the last two years. only cavs fan thats cool is brandon 3000... sorry dude
ohwell.gif

and no way in hell do the heat trade for paul..... you already have two dudes who play like point guards and dominate the ball in lebron and wade. trading bosh would make their front court weak as @#%!

So THAT'S what you and Chester look like together
laugh.gif

I like the guy and his movies but lately it's been just him throwing his name attached to movies and some of this stuff seeming awfully like other movies from other countries
laugh.gif

^
You mean like how he brought Hero to America? 
nerd.gif

That movie alone makes QT a made man for the rest of his life.  Then add the actual movies that he's done, and nobody is allowed to say a cross word about dude.  Get your mind right.

See the preview for the new Eli Roth movie about some exorcism?  A movie that you KNOW will just be gory as hell and over the top but in a great way considering the subject of the movie.  Who brought Eli into existence? 
wink.gif

Be nice to Mr Tarantino please 'fore Mr Blonde has to pay you a visit. 
laugh.gif

I personally would kill Quentin for bringing Eli Roth in to the public eye. Ever since Cabin Fever it's been all downhill to me. Hostel was ok, Hostel II was terrible, The Rotten Fruit was God awful and The Last Exocismn looks like it'll suck donkey balls. I honestly think he's one of the more overrated producers ever. Too full of himself. I'm a big horror buff, maybe that's why. Thank God Wes Craven is making a comeback. Quentin gets no credit for Hero, you crazy?
laugh.gif
out of all the movies he's done or been a part of, I'd rank that one last.

i told yall a couple weeks Paul was a LBJ !##@ rider.........he was one in HS......i'm like dog you the #1 pg but you're slurping lebron
smh.gif

^
He brought it over here.  Just like you had mentioned with him bringing all kinds of weird and wild stuff, he brought Hero, and that movie was
pimp.gif

Come on, Eli ain't that bad, though admittedly Hostel II was garbage. 
laugh.gif

So the NBA is going the Lebron route with televising their NBA schedule revealing today. smh.
I'm going to say first game is Miami VS Cleveland on TNT.

Originally Posted by got shoes

So the NBA is going the Lebron route with televising their NBA schedule revealing today. smh.
Naw, NBA been doin this for a couple years I believe.  NFL does it too, big schedule day broadcasting and what not. 

Hero was great but Li pushed hard for that to come over too. I guess you could say collaberative. Roth is garbage man, I can't say it any clearer than that
laugh.gif
but like I said, big horror fan and the way he was hyped up and compared to the great horror directors I don't see it at all with these movies. But he's young so who knows what's ahead. He's making Hostel III so that should tell you the direction he's headed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by got shoes

Naw, NBA been doin this for a couple years I believe.  NFL does it too, big schedule day broadcasting and what not. 

damn, i must of been sleepin.....there is going to be some great games that Money Stern can put together

[h1]Source: Heat's home opener Oct. 29 vs. Magic; opener Oct. 26 in Boston

The first look at the new-look Miami Heat will come at a distance.

Despite the offseason additions of LeBron James and Chris Bosh, as well as the re-signing of Dwyane Wade, the Heat, according to a preliminary schedule obtained by the Sun Sentinel, will not play its 2010-11 home opener until Friday Oct. 29 at AmericanAirlines Arena -- three days after it opens its season Tuesday Oct. 26 at TD Garden against the Boston Celtics.

The first South Florida exposure during the regular season for the roster that Pat Riley overhauled last month will come on Oct. 29, against the Orlando Magic.

Instead, after the Heat opens the regular season where it ended the 2010 NBA playoffs, in Boston against the Celtics, the preliminary schedule obtained by the Sun Sentinel shows the Heat next playing a road game on Wednesday Oct. 27 against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Are you ready for the college football season to start? Click here to sign up for our College Sports Newsletter.

Only then, after taking Thursday Oct. 28 off, will the Heat host its 2010-11 regular-season home opener against former Heat coach Stan Van Gundy, All-Star center Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic.

The NBA is scheduled to announce opening-week and other featured 2010-11 regular-season games during a 7 p.m. Tuesday show on the NBA TV cable network.

However, the Sun Sentinel has learned that the Heat will also play Christmas Day at Staples Center against the Los Angeles Lakers, one of two games this coming season against the two-time defending NBA champions.

The league Tuesday also will announce its Jan. 17 schedule of games for Martin Luther King Day, although the Heat was not scheduled, on the preliminary schedule obtained by the Sun Sentinel, to play that day.

The entire 2010-11 NBA schedule is scheduled to be released next Tuesday, August 10. This is the first time the league has released its schedule over a series of days.

The opener in Boston will deliver Wade and James to the spot where their 2009-10 seasons ended. Wade and the Heat were eliminated by the Celtics in the fifth game of the opening round of the playoffs at TD Garden, with James and his Cleveland Cavaliers bounced in the sixth game of the Eastern Conference semifinals at TD Garden.

Boston will enter that season opener shorthanded, with center Kendrick Perkins sidelined by offseason knee surgery. The irony is that former Miami center Jermaine O'Neal, who was signed away from the Heat in the offseason as a free agent, will replace Perkins in Boston's lineup.

Several games from the 2010-11 schedule have been leaked by various media outlets, with the Heat's road games in New York reportedly on Dec. 17 and Jan. 27. Also, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that one of the Heat's two visits to Cleveland will be March 29.
[/h1]

[h1]Jason Williams agrees to deal with the Orlando Magic

Jason Williams will return to the Orlando Magic.

The team and the 34-year-old free-agent point guard have reached a deal on a new contract, both Williams' agent and an NBA source said.

"I would say his signing with the Magic is imminent," Williams' agent, Dan Tobin, told the Orlando Sentinel on Tuesday morning.

Williams' agreement with the team was first reported on OrlandoMagic.com.

Are you ready for the college football season to start? Click here to sign up for our College Sports Newsletter.

Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith did not immediately return a phone call from the Sentinel for comment.

Remaining with the Magic was a priority for Williams.

Williams makes his permanent residence in Isleworth, and he didn't want to uproot his wife and their three children so he could play in another city.

Williams excelled last season after he took the 2008-09 season off to help his wife through a difficult pregnancy.

Williams averaged 6.0 points and 3.6 assists per game, mostly as a backup to Jameer Nelson. He also recorded career-highs in field-goal percentage (.444) and 3-point percentage (.380).

The Magic posted a 14-4 record in games that Williams started when Nelson was injured.

Good move by the magic to keep J-will. [/h1]

So this dude posted on a Rockets board some games, and so far he's been right on like 3 of them. So I'm assuming he's right on all of them, since he posted this like 4 days ago.

Opening night:

Hou vs LA
Mia vs Bos

Christmas:

Mia vs LA
Orl vs Bos
Por vs Den
OKC vs Uta
Chi vs NY

Guess we'll see soon enough.

Hou vs LA opening night means Houston already has one more national televised game than they did all last season
laugh.gif
smh.gif

pimp.gif

Franchise we were on ESPN when we played the Jazz last season in April

So that'll equal the amount of last years nationally televised games
laugh.gif

Houston vs. L.A. on national t.v.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom