* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

139521886-f45ccba80fdaafc79d66a396e51f125b.4c573fe0-full.jpg

Spoiler [+]
Blazers new and old show support for Grant, Parkinson's

PORTLAND — NBA legends Bill Walton and Bill Russell walked side by side, brushing tall shoulders and trading large smiles.
Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler and Pat Riley strode down a bright-red carpet, engulfed by television lights, cameras and microphones.

Meanwhile, the Portland Trail Blazers’ Brandon Roy and Greg Oden spoke with modesty and reverence.

All carried big names and major star power Sunday evening at the Rose Garden. But none overshadowed ex-Blazer forward Brian Grant.

Grant’s battle with Parkinson’s disease was the centerpiece of a glitzy, Hollywood-like fundraiser that benefited the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s research. And as everyone from Walton to Roy made their way into the sold-out event, Grant’s ongoing effort to raise awareness about his illness drew words of praise and respect from current and former NBA stars who went out of their way to attend the benefit.

“Brian Grant has always stood for a hope and for a better tomorrow,

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

139521886-f45ccba80fdaafc79d66a396e51f125b.4c573fe0-full.jpg

Spoiler [+]
Blazers new and old show support for Grant, Parkinson's

PORTLAND — NBA legends Bill Walton and Bill Russell walked side by side, brushing tall shoulders and trading large smiles.
Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler and Pat Riley strode down a bright-red carpet, engulfed by television lights, cameras and microphones.

Meanwhile, the Portland Trail Blazers’ Brandon Roy and Greg Oden spoke with modesty and reverence.

All carried big names and major star power Sunday evening at the Rose Garden. But none overshadowed ex-Blazer forward Brian Grant.

Grant’s battle with Parkinson’s disease was the centerpiece of a glitzy, Hollywood-like fundraiser that benefited the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s research. And as everyone from Walton to Roy made their way into the sold-out event, Grant’s ongoing effort to raise awareness about his illness drew words of praise and respect from current and former NBA stars who went out of their way to attend the benefit.

“Brian Grant has always stood for a hope and for a better tomorrow,

So I wonder who the Celtic's will pick up, signs are pointing to either Kwame or Shaq, and I think they go after Kwame quite frankly. Younger, more durable, at this point probably more athletic.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel wrote in a recent mailbag column that Miami's final roster spot will likely come down to Kenny Hasbrouck and rookie Da'Sean Butler.
Easy choice.
sure is.

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I think Shaq should go to the Jazz.

The Jazz can give him more money than the Celtics (but not as much as Hawks). Deron Williams is the all star guard he always likes to play with. It would give the Jazz a formidable front court with him, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap and Mehmet Okur (when he returns from injury). There's a decent stable of swingmen in C.J. Miles, Andrei Kirilenko, Raja Bell and Gordon Hayward. Plus Coach Sloan would be a guy he could trust to use/manage him throughout the season. They could probably nab a 2 or 3 seed in the West and have a puncher's chance of beating the Lakers in a seven game series.

But then again, I don't think Shaq wants to live in Utah.
laugh.gif

The Big Mormon?

No.
laugh.gif

He might as well go to Toronto.
laugh.gif

I don't see it.

I think Boston is a decent choice, as Denver.

i still cant believe that a whole city is this mad with just one guy leaving...
laugh.gif
salty ex girlfriends..

The Big Mile High is a crapload better than the Big Mormon.
laugh.gif

Denver could use him because they're iffy on back-up bigs, even though they have Andersen and Nene, they don't seem to be satisfied with the rest of their bigs.

DA mentioned it today,
nerd.gif

Did anyone know that Kevin Ollie is going to join Jim Calhoun as an assistant for UConn?
nerd.gif

I hadn't read any news on it, but apparently he signed on with them a few weeks back.

Good for him. Never could make it real big, but still continuing to live in the basketball world. Great to hear.

Dude still made a cool 20 million over the span of his career
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Kyle Weaver is going to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Denver would be a good choice.

Jazz wouldnt want Shaq. Shaq would probably want a starting role, and i dont see him, Big Al, Milsap, and Okur would work out.

Shaqs probably heading to the hawks... as far as CLE vs. MIA ??? tht would be ridiculous.. I rrreeally want to see that on opening day..

There was a rumor floating around awhile back that Ollie would be joining Calhoun @ UConnn but he shot it down as just a rumor.  Is it now confirmed?

Kyle Weaver is going to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv.

KLJ about to get his Amare on and learn Hebrew.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The Big Mormon?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

The Big Mile High is a crapload better than the Big Mormon.
laugh.gif

Denver could use him because they're iffy on back-up bigs, even though they have Andersen and Nene, they don't seem to be satisfied with the rest of their bigs.

DA mentioned it today,
nerd.gif
God, I hope we don't express any interest in him.

Back
Top Bottom