* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by handullz

i wasnt really on college basketball when Mateen Cleaves was around...

but i did some research and seen that the man got buckets and dropped dimes consistently while in school...

why didnt he pan out in the nba?

he was undersized.
 5'11 i think
but one of the best moments in michigan state history second to the win over larry bird was mateen cleaves jumping with a bum leg or whatever after winning the championship,
cleaves jrich and randolph

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

speaking of him

whats the word on oden this offseason?

Aug 02, 2010 8:10 AM EST

Oden_Greg_por.jpg
Trail Blazers center Greg Oden is "positive" that he'll be with the team in training camp this fall.

Oden has been working out with Portland strength and conditioning coach Bobby Medina in Indiana recently.

He has lost considerable weight while going through daily five-hour drills.

Via Columbian

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ositive_hell_be_ready_for_camp/#ixzz0vTNudTkz

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

speaking of him

whats the word on oden this offseason?

He says he'll be ready for camp if that means anything.  I never really liked dude, but hope he can actually stay healthy this whole season. 

Originally Posted by cruzair13

Originally Posted by handullz

i wasnt really on college basketball when Mateen Cleaves was around...

but i did some research and seen that the man got buckets and dropped dimes consistently while in school...

why didnt he pan out in the nba?

he was undersized.
 5'11 i think
but one of the best moments in michigan state history second to the win over larry bird was mateen cleaves jumping with a bum leg or whatever after winning the championship,
cleaves jrich and randolph
he was 6'2"

it was probably his jumper though, seriously.

Stern is going to send Bron back to Cleveland for the FIRST game of the season? 
eek.gif

I'm surprised by that actually, I would think he would want the season to play out a lil bit and try to let some of the hard feelings die down a tad.  Instead he went the other way and is just going to let the fans go for Bron's throat opening night. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And then they'll follow that game up with the ring ceremony.  Double suck it Lebron. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe Stern isn't such a bad guy after all. 
laugh.gif

What a joke if true.  Has issues with the way things went down but then schedules Miami in Cleveland on opening night?  Clown.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

@PDcavsinsider I'm told Heat NOT slated to open season at Cavs, contrary to reports. Schedule not finalized yet, tho.
I'll take Windhorst at his word.

Yeah right when I first heard about this I checked to see if Windhorst reported as well.
Not gonna believe it till finalized..  I will be there 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Stern must really not like that whole Decision thing id he does this
laugh.gif
Regardless if it is the season opener LeBron's first game back could be another black eye on the NBA. I could already see ppl throwing glass bottles at dude or worse.

I have a question...

You know how people say MIA had trouble filling seats...some people STILL think this is gonna be a problem?

Dont you think if fans that live or are flying to Florida  to watch an NBA game.. What team would they prefer to watch.. ORL or MIA ?

It's not a question anymore.. they won't have that problem

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I have a question...

You know how people say MIA had trouble filling seats...some people STILL think this is gonna be a problem?

Dont you think if fans that live or are flying to Florida  to watch an NBA game.. What team would they prefer to watch.. ORL or MIA ?

I'm pretty sure they sold out all season tickets in like 30 seconds.  I might be wrong but I'm positive that they will be sold out all 41 games and playoffs..

Florida for the most part is a state of bandwagon fans when it comes to everything outside of college athletics. Of course they'll be at the Heat games, that place will be sold out every night.

Anyone see the preview HBO ran last night, it's basically the movie Mobsters, in a show now, with Capone, and Lucky, and all those dudes and I think Scorsese is doin it, and Steve Bushemi is a major role. [pimp]

Boardwalk Empire, looking forward to it,
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Anyone see the preview HBO ran last night, it's basically the movie Mobsters, in a show now, with Capone, and Lucky, and all those dudes and I think Scorsese is doin it, and Steve Bushemi is a major role. [pimp]
Boardwalk Empire, looking forward to it,
pimp.gif

Looks amazing!

HBO is going to be serious this fall. Boardwalk Empire, Bored to Death and Eastbound & Down. Solid Sunday night.

Boardwalk Empire is going to be epic. The producer of the Sopranos, and Scorcese?!?!?! Maaaaaaaaan. Capone, Jim Colossimo, Lucky Luch, show is gonna be greeeeeeaat

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I have a question...

I'm pretty sure they sold out all season tickets in like 30 seconds.  I might be wrong but I'm positive that they will be sold out all 41 games and playoffs..
I heard their entire ticket sales office got fired because they don't need them anymore.

I was just reading about Robert Rodriguez maybe getting Deadpool.

Um, please make that happen, like, very much please make that happen.  And maybe bring in Quentin T, just to end the world perfectly. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I shudder at what Ryan, Robert, and QT would put on a screen together with that character. 
pimp.gif

Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel wrote in a recent mailbag column that Miami's final roster spot will likely come down to Kenny Hasbrouck and rookie Da'Sean Butler.

The Heat drafted Butler in June for his potential and before they knew that LeBron James and Chris Bosh would be coming to town.

Winderman writes that it will likely come down to Butler's potential and what Hasbrouck can already bring.

The Heat have long had a ban against wearing headbands, but they are expected to allow LeBron James to wear one on the court.

Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes that Miami allowed Jermaine O'Neal to break the rule in recent seasons.

"The Heat has had a sort of don't-ask, don't-tell approach with headbands in recent years, with Smush Parker finding it banned because it was deemed a 'fashion statement,' Jermaine O'Neal having his allowed due to "need" and Quentin Richardson opting to not even challenge the edict," Winderman wrote.

Deadpool from Wolverine: X-Men Origins was absolutely terrible. Deadpool is supposed to be the merch with a mouth, except in this movie he didn't even have a goddamn mouth.

RR getting involved ONLY makes me happy if he's directing it. I don't want to see him producing, I want to see him directing it.

But, he has a lot on his plate. Machete is about to come out, then for whatever reason, he has to continue the Spy Kids franchise, and then Sin City 2 sometime down the line. I'd rather see someone like Zack Snyder give it a chance.

Yogi Bear? What the hell? And it's not a cartoon? BOO!!!!!! Hand-drawn animation > ___________. I don't go to IMDB to see a CGI Yogi Bear.
smh.gif

Oh and BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! MIAMI HEAT WILL PROBABLY LET LEBRON WEAR HIS HEADBAND!

smh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom