Official Warriors Off Season Thread

I think Marcus Williams is someone else, and I'm not sure how he's doing in Jersey but I remember it wasn't that great, right? Correct me ifI'm wrong, I know he had promise when he was at UConn and was considered a steal when he was picked in the draft
....enh, Jefferson's definitely an upgrade over Jackson offensively but I'd rather take Stack's overall game...if there's a nice deal in placethough I guess I'd move him, but to me, Stack stays in Oakland unless he's part of a big deal.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

There's two things that work against Jermaine O'Neal... His injury history and his contract.

dp
nerd.gif
?

oops
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dr 715

No to J.O.

How are the Warriors going to afford O'Neal?

2008/2009 He's scheduled to make $21,352,500
2009/2010 He's scheduled to make $22,995,000

That's nuts.

Here's what my man Bill Simmons has to say about him:
Ever since O'Neal punched out Turtle during the Artest Melee, he morphed into C-Webb 2.0. Check out his past four seasons: 122 missed games (and counting), declining stats each season and one of the most damaging contracts in the league. Is it too late to set him up with Tyra Banks?
I don't want another C-Webb on this team. Do you?

that you asterisk?

anyways, doesn't JO have the option to opt out of his contract at the start of FA?

Marcus Williams? Better keep an eye on your laptop.

And even though J.O. is 29, he has A LOT of miles on him. Before I put my franchise's financial stability on his frail shoulders, I want to see him play afull year like Baron did this season.

I wasn't thinking that Marcus would be a starting PG, no way in hell, but a back-up, why not? He could improve to be a better PG, and if he isn't,low-risk.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

EDIT: The only thing I have against saying that JO is Chris Webber 2.0, is that JO is only 29,
roll.gif
. He's still a relatively young cat, and I agree he has a steep contract, but Warriors got the space. Fill in the void with MLE/veteran players, it could be done.

They say that players tend to stay healthier in a up and down, run and gun style because there's less banging... With that said, we need a banger to mixit up with Boozer, Brand, and the elite PFs in the league... not to mention the Milsaps and Maxiells of the league. Jermaine shoots a lot of jumpshots andit's not even like he's money from midrange. He's a career 45.9% from the field and since 2003, he's not that even that impressive.

[table][tr][td] 2003-04[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]2788 [/td] [td]608[/td] [td]1400[/td] [td]43.4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]348[/td] [td]460[/td] [td]75.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]193[/td] [td]585[/td] [td]778[/td] [td] [/td] [td]164[/td] [td]181[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]248[/td] [td]1566[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2004-05[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]1530 [/td] [td]386[/td] [td]854[/td] [td]45.2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]16.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]295[/td] [td]391[/td] [td]75.5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]85[/td] [td]303[/td] [td]388[/td] [td] [/td] [td]82[/td] [td]131[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]173[/td] [td]1068[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2005-06[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]1802 [/td] [td]380[/td] [td]805[/td] [td]47.2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]261[/td] [td]368[/td] [td]70.9[/td] [td] [/td] [td]102[/td] [td]374[/td] [td]476[/td] [td] [/td] [td]133[/td] [td]151[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]117[/td] [td]177[/td] [td]1024[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2006-07[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]2459 [/td] [td]498[/td] [td]1141[/td] [td]43.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]343[/td] [td]447[/td] [td]76.7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]153[/td] [td]508[/td] [td]661[/td] [td] [/td] [td]167[/td] [td]203[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]182[/td] [td]232[/td] [td]1339[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2007-08[/td] [td]IND[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]1206 [/td] [td]225[/td] [td]512[/td] [td]44.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]121[/td] [td]163[/td] [td]74.2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]82[/td] [td]201[/td] [td]283[/td] [td] [/td] [td]93[/td] [td]106[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]129[/td] [td]571[/td] [/tr][/table]

Dude's declining no doubt. Maybe a change of scenery would help. Maybe a change of playing styles would help. I'm just kind of on the fence on gettingJermaine. There's a lot of pros and cons with O'Neal
ohwell.gif

If O'Neal is dumb enough to opt out, then yes. He won't draw the high offers that he would have 3 years ago, but he can still play. What are theWarriors lacking? A offensive/defensive presence on the low post, and O'Neal does both. Just looking at his last couple of games, he got 4 blocks in 19minutes against the Hawks and 3 blocks in 20 minutes against the Bobcats. That's just insane. I know there's about a 0.0001% chance that the Warriorscould even land him, but it's just fun to dream.

It's just funny when NT switched to Yuku it linked every name I've ever logged in under. I even forgot about some old ones I made
laugh.gif

Just imagine if the Warriors made the playoffs. Gasol would have dropped at least 45 today
laugh.gif
smh.gif

JO brings it on both ends of the court though, yeah he can take a lot of jumpshots, but that'd be good for the Warriors system, also, imagine Biedrins/JOon the boards, that solves your problem right there.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Gasol would have dropped at least 45 today
laugh.gif
smh.gif

All dunks.

I'd like to see the Warriors draft D.J. White in the second round (move up if we have to). He has the same build as Brand and hopefully he can improve hisjumper because he already possesses a hunger for the ball (rebounds).

We could sure use a DJ White... but he'd be another big man project and we all know how Nellie feels about those
tired.gif

Second round gems are just that, gems. It's nice when you do get a good one every once in a while, but it's not very likely. If you look at some draftsand look at all the second rounders, you'll think, "scrub, scrub, scrub, scrub, role player, scrub, scrub, bench warmer, failure, Smush Parker, scrub,scrub."

^ Warriors drafted Gilbert Arenas and Monta Ellis in the 2nd round... but I know what you're saying. How often do we see an impact player from the 2ndround? And compare then 2nd round to the top 10 picks in the draft... it's no contest.

^ Warriors drafted Gilbert Arenas and Monta Ellis in the 2nd round... but I know what you're saying. How often do we see an impact player from the 2nd round? And compare then 2nd round to the top 10 picks in the draft... it's no contest.

booz, redd, milsap, are the only others that i can remember.

edit** add shard, manu as well.. i guess you get maybe 1 a year.

^ Warriors drafted Gilbert Arenas and Monta Ellis in the 2nd round... but I know what you're saying. How often do we see an impact player from the 2nd round? And compare then 2nd round to the top 10 picks in the draft... it's no contest.

Yeah that's the point I'm trying to make. I'll take the 2000 draft class real quick, I can't think of anyone in that draft from the secondround so I'll look it up and see how many quality players are from that year.

[table][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Marko Jarić (G)[/td] [td] Yugoslavia[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers[/td] [td]Paf Bologna (Italy)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]31[/td] [td]Dan Langhi (PF)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Dallas Mavericks (from Chicago, traded to Houston for Eduardo Nájera and a future second-round draft pick)[/td] [td]Vanderbilt[/td] [/tr][tr][td]32[/td] [td]A.J. Guyton (PG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Chicago Bulls (from Golden State)[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33[/td] [td]Jake Voskuhl (C)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Chicago Bulls (from Vancouver via Houston)[/td] [td]UConn[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Khalid El-Amin (PG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Chicago Bulls (from Atlanta)[/td] [td]UConn[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35[/td] [td]Mike Smith (F)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Washington Wizards[/td] [td]Louisiana-Monroe[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [td]Soumaila Samake (C)[/td] [td] Mali[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets[/td] [td]Cincinnati Stuff (IBL)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]37[/td] [td]Eddie House (SG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Miami Heat (from Cleveland via Denver)[/td] [td]Arizona State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]38[/td] [td]Eduardo Nájera (SF)[/td] [td] Mexico[/td] [td]Houston Rockets (traded to Dallas with future second-round pick for Dan Langhi)[/td] [td]Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][tr][td]39[/td] [td]Lavor Postell (SG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]New York Knicks (from Boston)[/td] [td]St. John's[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40[/td] [td]Hanno Möttölä (SF/PF)[/td] [td] Finland[/td] [td]Atlanta Hawks (from Denver)[/td] [td]Utah[/td] [/tr][tr][td]41[/td] [td]Chris Carrawell (SG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]San Antonio Spurs (from Orlando)[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Olumide Oyedeji (PF)[/td] [td] Nigeria[/td] [td]Seattle SuperSonics[/td] [td]Würzburg (Germany)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]43[/td] [td]Michael Redd (SG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Milwaukee Bucks[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]44[/td] [td]Brian Cardinal (PF)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Detroit Pistons[/td] [td]Purdue[/td] [/tr][tr][td]45[/td] [td]Jabari Smith (C)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Sacramento Kings[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]46[/td] [td]DeeAndre Hulett (G)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Toronto Raptors[/td] [td]College of the Sequoias[/td] [/tr][tr][td]47[/td] [td]Josip Sesar (G)[/td] [td] Croatia[/td] [td]Seattle SuperSonics (traded to Boston for two future second-round picks)[/td] [td]Cibona Zagreb (Croatia)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]48[/td] [td]Mark Karcher (PG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [td]Temple[/td] [/tr][tr][td]49[/td] [td]Jason Hart (PG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Milwaukee Bucks (from Charlotte)[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [td]Kaniel Dickens (F)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Utah Jazz (from New York)[/td] [td]Idaho[/td] [/tr][tr][td]51[/td] [td]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Rakočević[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

"George, Barea, Wright, Lue, role player, Magliore, Howard"

White is projected to go in the 2nd round because he broke his foot (twice i think) but he has talent and more importantly a motor. But then again ChrisTaft wound up in the 2nd round as well after some said he'd do something in the league ... Where is he now? Shout out to Steve Logan.

^ #58 reminds me of Mickael Pietrus
mad.gif
smh.gif

And I at least thought that Brian Cardinal was older than that. He's from the 2000 draft only?
eek.gif

*edit*
And you also forgot #49, Jason Hart.
Add also #55, Chris Porter. He was funny Warrior from back then
laugh.gif

i think Jason Hart is with the Bobcats right now...not too certain.

Chris Porter's fro was
pimp.gif
, I thought dude was gonna be a stealespecially since he was on the SI Cover for college ball.

Darrell Arthur and Kevin Love seem to be the "big men" we'd eye with our 14 pick..although I'm really high on Chris Douglas-Roberts, whoI'd love to see us take. And maybe DJ White later on.

See fella's now we're talking!
pimp.gif

I'd love to see CDR wear that yellow and blue. Kevin Love, ehh, it wouldn't be a huge move for him, but I don't know. He's more of a wild cardto me, could be a bust or could be good.

Let's get rid of one UCLA Bruin (Matt Barnes) and replace him with another UCLA Bruin (Kevin Love).

I don't really follow the NCAA that much so I'm not really sure on how Kevin Love's game is. I've heard on NT that he's like a Brad Miller?And someone tell me what Chris Douglas Roberts' game is like.

Love is undersized, but he's a big man who can shoot,which Nellie likes (thus slightly increases his chances of PT as a rookie).The only thing I reallyfear about him is he might be too slow for us and as stated already, undersized. Chances are he gets picked before we draft though, and CDR is a very likelyscenario.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom