Official Warriors Off Season Thread

[table][tr][td]Monta Ellis[/td] [td]Restricted free agent[/td] [td]Will Memphis or Philly drive up his price?[/td] [/tr][/table]

Philly wants Ellis? They already have Louis Williams? Greedy
smh.gif

Nah, Nellie won't play big guys. He did play Chris Webber for some reason, but everybody else he's just ignored.

So looking ahead to next year, it's been pointed out a million times to Nellie about him running his starters into the ground. At least it's beingaddressed this offseason and I look for Nellie to give his bench some more minutes. Hopefully there's going to be a bench for him to go to. C'monMullin, work your magic.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

word, i wonder how these boppers get the money for the seats. so far i've sat at lower level the couple of times i went to W's games but never been past row 21. half if not all of them don't even know anything about basketball and just there to see Monta/Barnes.
Stupid people
smh.gif

also stayed outside the players lot for a bit, saw someone throwing free shirts at the car but couldn't see who it was. Andris was at the lot for about 5 mins talking with some of his people before he left. Barnes was cool though, he stayed in the lot in front of the players lot for about 10 minutes signing autographs. and once Monta left all the girls just ran to Barnes' car
laugh.gif
. then on the way to the bart met a couple who got one of POB's shoes, they asked us to walk with them cause some other girl who didn't get the shoe was threatening them.. all for POB's shoe!
roll.gif
For POB's shoe? I'll say it again... stupid people
smh.gif

word, at least the couple we met actually knows something about basketball, even the girl. and i was looking through the game day shots cause we took one isaw this. couldn't help but make me
roll.gif

a2915de6520c51f61271f0479bf44864699bc7a.jpg

word, i wonder how these boppers get the money for the seats. so far i've sat at lower level the couple of times i went to W's games but never been past row 21. half if not all of them don't even know anything about basketball and just there to see Monta/Barnes.
Stupid people
smh.gif

also stayed outside the players lot for a bit, saw someone throwing free shirts at the car but couldn't see who it was. Andris was at the lot for about 5 mins talking with some of his people before he left. Barnes was cool though, he stayed in the lot in front of the players lot for about 10 minutes signing autographs. and once Monta left all the girls just ran to Barnes' car
laugh.gif
. then on the way to the bart met a couple who got one of POB's shoes, they asked us to walk with them cause some other girl who didn't get the shoe was threatening them.. all for POB's shoe!
roll.gif
smh.gif

word, at least the couple we met actually knows something about basketball, even the girl. and i was looking through the game day shots cause we took one i saw this. couldn't help but make me
roll.gif

2zgwzsx.jpg

Nah, Nellie won't play big guys. He did play Chris Webber for some reason, but everybody else he's just ignored.

So looking ahead to next year, it's been pointed out a million times to Nellie about him running his starters into the ground. At least it's being addressed this offseason and I look for Nellie to give his bench some more minutes. Hopefully there's going to be a bench for him to go to. C'mon Mullin, work your magic.

1) Webber is a "vet"-- old and broken down as he was
2) I think Nelson was trying to make amends for the past

Hopefully we can retain Azubuike, Watson, and Pietrus for cheap. Though I feel Azubuike and Watson will get higher offers elsewhere, and Pietrus will pull that"i'm worth billions" BS again.

edit***
Originally Posted by JapanAir21

sick.gif
As wrong as it is, my credibility with Janny dropped about 90%.

laugh.gif
hahah. come on, man. that's messed.

Originally Posted by offbad

So looking ahead to next year, it's been pointed out a million times to Nellie about him running his starters into the ground. At least it's being addressed this offseason and I look for Nellie to give his bench some more minutes. Hopefully there's going to be a bench for him to go to. C'mon Mullin, work your magic.

1) Webber is a "vet"-- old and broken down as he was
2) I think Nelson was trying to make amends for the past

hopefully we can retain Azubuike and Pietrus for cheap-- though I feel Azubuike will get higher offers, and Pietrus will pull that garbage "i'm worth billions" BS again.
Originally Posted by JapanAir21

sick.gif
As wrong as it is, my credibility with Janny dropped about 90%.

laugh.gif
hahah. come on, man. that's messed.

laugh.gif
I meant when Webber was a rookie.

I don't think Nellie plays un-developed bigs. CWebb was at least fat, so even though he couldn't jump, it was hard for other people to get around him.Out of all his boards (like 20 lol ) how many did he jump for?

Biedrins gets bodied by bigs, so would wright, and defintiely POB. So when they aren't scoring (biedrins) or just can't (POB) with the flow of ouroffense, there's no chance he's playing those guys.

The starters were ridden into the ground because it was developed early on we had NO depth.

1) Look at the blown lead versus Detroit
2) Look how we played even when Jackson came back from suspension...we never learned how to play with a lead without giving everyone heart attacks. That killedus down the stretch. We played the "under dog" role too much and should have asserted ourselves as "belonging" for lack of a better word.
3) Hindsight is 20/20, but the hope was Hudson and Croshere would actually be solid, consistent contributors. They were neither. I think that expiermeint gonebad will actually benefit the Warriors this off season. Mullin would most likely aim for younger players (please, God, please).
4) Not getting into the playoffs is a reason in its ownright that I believe Nellie will rely on some younger players. Maybe not rookie bigs (if we grab a PFwith the pick) but I think if we had a PG or something who could give minutes he would do that as long as the rest of the bench picks up the slack for mistakesrooks will make. I think that's the biggest issue coupled with Nellie's stubbornness. He's not going to put up with errors when we have to scrap tobe in most games, there's little room for it.

^ I see what you're saying and I agree. The 2007-2008 Warriors didn't learn how to play with a lead. Once they got a lead, they would lose theiraggressiveness and start hoisting 3 after 3 after 3. And when the other team started making a comeback, Nellie felt uncomfortable with putting in the 2nd unit.

I too thought that Croshere and Hudson would have given us more. Croshere was in and out of the line up because of his chronic back pain and Hudson was justdone for after that hip injury. That definitely took away from the bench's depth.

And Mullin and Nellie both are saying that the young kids are going to crack the rotation next season. Hopefully Nellie's stubbornness is going to take aback seat next season so he can let the young kids play.

Stupid people
smh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

word, at least the couple we met actually knows something about basketball, even the girl. and i was looking through the game day shots cause we took one i saw this. couldn't help but make me
roll.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I got to say great season to Warriors fans, in the end it just wasn't enough. The NBA is pathetic for real. I was looking at GS record and was just felt sobad for Warrior fans. Especially after looking at the Hawks and Wizards records. It's amazing...

Warriors did it to themselves no need to feel sorry for them. finishing 8-11 is horrible. If they would have finished 10-9 they would have been in. It'snot that hard to do considering they are a decent team. The Warriors just got out coached and out played when it really mattered.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Warriors did it to themselves no need to feel sorry for them. finishing 8-11 is horrible. If they would have finished 10-9 they would have been in. It's not that hard to do considering they are a decent team. The Warriors just got out coached and out played when it really mattered.

Not trying to put salt on the wound but wouldn't they have had to finish 11-8? They didn't own the tiebreaker for either Nuggets/Mavericks.

Seriously. Why do we only sign guards out of the D League. I'm sure there are some big bodies(no gkdo) that can crash the boards.

Stupid people
smh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif

2zgwzsx.jpg

laugh.gif

The Warriors just got out coached and out played when it really mattered.

That's pretty much the bottom line. For the most part, the Warriors controlled their own destiny in making the playoffs, but they simply ranout of gas at the end of the season. We deserved it with the way we played.
Not trying to put salt on the wound but wouldn't they have had to finish 11-8? They didn't own the tiebreaker for either Nuggets/Mavericks.
well during the final stretch we played games with them, so to me that doesn't matter-if we beat them we woulda been in (esp. Denver).It's as simple as that, but we couldn't get the job done, so we're not in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Seriously. Why do we only sign guards out of the D League. I'm sure there are some big bodies(no gkdo) that can crash the boards.

Pops Mensah-Bonsu, everyone loved that dude on the Mavericks, but he was never given, he's a slightly more athletic version of Brandon Bass without amidrange game.

Back
Top Bottom