Official Warriors Off Season Thread

finished first in fantasy.

honestly, you guys all suck. i hope we play again next year and i win again.

wink.gif

same here, i think i stopped checking mine and adjusting my rosters a month into the season. i'm more into fantasy football anyway
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I finished 3rd behind Enlightened Thought and jrichformvp. Damn you two! Yeah, let's do this again next year.

^ i've barely even checked the fantasy baseball stuff, cuz i'm not very knowledgeable about baseball
ohwell.gif
. and yeah like nothingtolose said adjusting urroster everyday can be a bit tiresome haha. which is why i suck at fantasy bball.
laugh.gif

^ I guess my counter-argument is that I enjoy updating my team. It keeps me occupied, whereas fantasy football isn't everyday and it's a little boringto me
ohwell.gif

You should hear my firms rules for playing.

2 Roster moves max, and acquisitions only on Monday unless guys are injured.

Don't even get me started on baseball.

^ Only two moves max? Is that per week? It kind of reminds me when I used to play Smallworld. Anybody else used to play that?

Let me guess for baseball... something along the lines you guys outlaw the consistent adding and dropping of pitchers?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ Only two moves max? Is that per week? It kind of reminds me when I used to play Smallworld. Anybody else used to play that?

Let me guess for baseball... something along the lines you guys outlaw the consistent adding and dropping of pitchers?

Every monday, we do pick ups...but you're limited to two pickups unless someone is hurt.
For baseball, similar, plus the innings pitched....thedraft used to take forever since we used to do it by email. This year we finally got Yahoo lol.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Every monday, we do pick ups...but you're limited to two pickups unless someone is hurt.
For baseball, similar, plus the innings pitched....the draft used to take forever since we used to do it by email. This year we finally got Yahoo lol.

How many innings pitched per week?

I finish 5th place in fanstay. damn it, and I lost by 1 point thank Rip sitting out two games. It wasn't a good playoff for me.
mad.gif

anyway, since I'm too lazy to tries blog about another idea of the warriors off season plan here is posted reply.

we need a damn PF. Well we need Elton Brand. lets trade Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, J-rich 10 millions from the trade, and the first round pick. Let see ifthe clippers bite on it. If that doesn't work, which highly happen. Hopefully, we land the number 1 pick so we could draft Michael Beasley. He couldrebounds,shoot,score, and well he could learn how to play D.

Originally Posted by Yimoney23

I finish 5th place in fanstay. damn it, and I lost by 1 point thank Rip sitting out two games. It wasn't a good playoff for me.
mad.gif

anyway, since I'm too lazy trying blog about a idea of the warriors off season plan here is posted reply.

we need a damn PF. Well we need Elton Brand. lets trade Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, J-rich 10 millions from the trade, and the first round pick. Let see if the clippers bite on it. If that doesn't work, which highly happen. Hopefully, we land the number 1 pick so we could draft Michael Beasley. He could rebounds,shoot,score, and well he could learn how to play D.

Uhhh no, this isn't likely to happen and anybody who would accept this is on that Isiah Thomas level. Yes, the Warriors got a star in BDiddy for DaleDavis and Speedy Claxton and the Lakers got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown and trash, but there were actual reasons why these teams made the moves they made. Wecan't just piece garbage together and try to get a bonafide star who isn't demanding a trade. Big difference in the BDiddy and Pau Gasol trades... theywere actually unhappy where they were and demanded a trade. Brand isn't unhappy and demanding a trade. That trade you suggested isn't going through.This isn't NBA Live.

i wouldn't really want to do that trade honestly, and neither would the clippers. i think it's bad for both teams.

as much as i'd love to have brand he's not a realistic option....it seems like Marion is a more realistic scenario if we were to get a FA, becauseit's not so clear if we wants to stay in Miami....even Jermaine o'neal although he's sort of fallen off.

The only way we can obtain a ready low post threat of the Brand-caliber is if we trade Baron, IMHO. I think more realistically we go after that Millsap-typeplayer, and draft another swingman-type in the draft.

Marion wants to stay with the Heat if they extend his contract, which would be dumb to pay him all that money. O'Neal is still a good player in theleague. One of the best shot blockers and definitely can rebound. That's all the Warriors really need. They don't need him to take over, although hestill can. I just can't wait to see what happens with this team. I can't even explain how I will feel if nothing major gets done.

Originally Posted by acidicality

i wouldn't really want to do that trade honestly, and neither would the clippers. i think it's bad for both teams.

as much as i'd love to have brand he's not a realistic option....it seems like Marion is a more realistic scenario if we were to get a FA, because it's not so clear if we wants to stay in Miami....even Jermaine o'neal although he's sort of fallen off.

The only way we can obtain a ready low post threat of the Brand-caliber is if we trade Baron, IMHO. I think more realistically we go after that Millsap-type player, and draft another swingman-type in the draft.

I agree, swing-men are so easy to come around these days because players are becoming more and more athletic. Prosperous teams in this league are startingto love the Millsap's, the Brand's, the Reggie Evans, the Brandon Bass's. Scrappy players who'll do the dirty work and hustle the entire timethey're in there. I'd go after JO if he's completely healthy. People forget how good he was before he went down. If the Lakers got JO for what theygave Memphis, we probably wouldn't be discussing IF the Lakers would make it to the Finals, he's that good. Pau is excellent, trust me, but JO isbetter in my eyes WHEN healthy.

^ Brand isn't happening. LAC isn't going to give him up. He's one of their top priorities this offseason. They're not going to mess this up.Plus I don't think LAC wants Baron. They've already banked heavily on Shaun Livingston being there in their long term plan. Why impede his growth bygetting a PG that would dominate the ball and take his starting spot?

Baron's best situation is with the Warriors. Playing in this offense where Nellie won't really penalize him for jacking up shots (no GSW vs PHX... hehas to at least make some of them) and playing little to no defense, it's a dream come true for a player like Baron. Plus having a rising star in Montadoesn't hurt as well.

Brand is in the best available situation for himself too. You can say he'd be great in Utah or San Antonio, but those teams already have their offensivestyles revolving around Boozer and Duncan. They aren't going to switch places that easily. In LAC, he can flourish more. He's in an offense whereit'll revolve around his post presence. Kaman can play off him and Mobley can drain the perimeter shot if he gets doubled. You got a slasher in Maggetteand Shaun Livingston is supposed to be good, but he still needs to pan out and stay healthy. If LAC keeps their core and make a few minor adjustments,they'll be a force in next year.

If Marion is smart he'll stay in Miami. Healthy Wade, healthy Haslem, VERY high draft pick, some cap space for next year to attract a FA, and they'reset. Unless he gets a good offer from someone who's a contender that needs a F, I think he's staying.

You may like to look into Richard Jefferson, I think he's an upgrade over Stephen Jackson (don't kill me,
laugh.gif
). Jefferson had a fantastic year, andRod Thorn stated that there's bound to be moves. And, you wanted a back-up PG? Marcus Williams.

EDIT: The only thing I have against saying that JO is Chris Webber 2.0, is that JO is only 29,
roll.gif
. He's still a relatively young cat, and I agree hehas a steep contract, but Warriors got the space. Fill in the void with MLE/veteran players, it could be done.

No to J.O.

How are the Warriors going to afford O'Neal?

2008/2009 He's scheduled to make $21,352,500
2009/2010 He's scheduled to make $22,995,000

That's nuts.

Here's what my man Bill Simmons has to say about him:
Ever since O'Neal punched out Turtle during the Artest Melee, he morphed into C-Webb 2.0. Check out his past four seasons: 122 missed games (and counting), declining stats each season and one of the most damaging contracts in the league. Is it too late to set him up with Tyra Banks?
I don't want another C-Webb on this team. Do you?

^ Hmmm... how crazy would it be if Monta Ellis and Louis Williams were on the same team
laugh.gif
. Not happening, I know, but it's interesting to think of...

I don't know, I don't really think Lou Williams is highest on their priority list. He's definitely not someone they'd just let go of though. Ican see them going after a big-time scorer somewhat how Atl did a few years back with JJ, if done properly, they can set themselves up nicely for the future. Ilove Andre Miller out there in Philly, he gets the job done every night.

With NJ you could tag up a big man though, say if you were to trade for RJ. Whether it be Krstic, Diop, or Stro, the Nets are looking to change the scenerythis off-season, the only untouchable is probably Devin (who you guys don't need regardless).

Back
Top Bottom