Official Warriors Off Season Thread

I hate the Brad Miller comparison because I've hated him since he messed with Devin.
laugh.gif
Love seems to play with a lot more intensity though in my eyes. Idon't follow NCAA as much as some of you do, but I'm just not that fond of the guy.

I think Rush is better than Douglas-Roberts. Rush has pretty good size and will be able to finish inside. CDR is just too skinny.

What do you guys think about Donte Greene? Didn't really watch too much NCAA this year, but he looks like a good player that would fit well.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

And maybe DJ White later on.
no way White will fall to us in the second round...just no way, if we can land him, then that'd be wonderful.

as far as drafting Love goes, i actually think he will go top 10.

It depends on where the lottery goes, but I don't see too many teams who need a big man in the lottery, NYK maybe, Memphis maybe, Bobcats, ehh, Bulls Idon't think they do, Pacers only if they trade JO, Kings no, Portland no. It's possible for him to slip.

I don't really follow the NCAA that much so I'm not really sure on how Kevin Love's game is. I've heard on NT that he's like a Brad Miller? And someone tell me what Chris Douglas Roberts' game is like.
Kevin Love is sorta like a Brad Miller in that he can shoot from the outside (not sure about NBA 3)...and that he's white.
laugh.gif
He's also a great passing big man (has a slightly overrated outlet pass IMOthat ppl always seem to admire), has a nice post game, but the biggest problem is that he's not that athletic and he's sort of slow. He has theskillset to fit in well with our team, the best scenario he can be on our team is fueling our fast breaks and sort of providing a post presence. I don'tthink he can bang against the Boozers and Millsaps of the world though.

I watched CDR a little less than Love, but my impression of him was that he can really score. He isn't that great of a shooter, but he attacks the rim welland has a knack for getting buckets. Very solid all-around player, and could definitely fit in well with our offense and provide a different dimension to it.I've heard someone compare him to Marion although they don't seem similar at all so I don't know why that person said that
ohwell.gif

I'd be okay with rush too.

^i think he's staying next year...but...he's mainly a hustle-type player.

And word to S4L, he's vastly overrated.
tongue.gif

DeAndre Jordan - Current Team: NCAA Freshman, Freshman
Physicals:
H: 7' 0"
W: 260 lbs
Bday: 07/21/1988
(19 Years Old)

Positions:
Current: C
NBA: C
Possible: C

Rankings:
Round: 1 Pick: 10 in 2008 Mock Draft
Rank 9 in NCAA Freshman

Comparisons:
Best Case: Andrew Bynum
Worst Case: Patrick O'Bryant

Misc:
High School: Christian Life Center
Hometown: Bellaire, TX
Earliest Draft Class: 2008
thats just wrong
laugh.gif

> I'M A WARRIOR SO THOUGH THE ODDS ARE AGAINST ME DIRK GON CHOKE <

smh.gif
Goddamn haters.

I brought this up before, once or twice, but why is it yall so bitter at the Mavericks? We did NOTHING to you.
laugh.gif
Or is it just because you beat us when youwere an eight seed so you take pride in it?

Joe Budden
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(dear diary) his MM3 mixtape is FIYAHHHHHH
pimp.gif

Does CDR, as he's called, have the physical tools needed to play heavy minutes as a swingman in the NBA? "He's not an athletic freak, but to me that's not really a concern," tells us the same NBA talent evaluator-"he makes one or two plays every game that make you go 'holy ****'--finding a way into the lane and then absolutely tearing the rim off. Being the best player on possibly the best team in America has to say something…"

pimp.gif
from draftexpress, that's exactly why i think we shouldget him
happy.gif
. but they have us taking chase budinger, who's softer thandunleavy
tired.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ You guys did nothing to us... and I think that's a rap lyric from a Joe Budden song.

+1

Yeah I know but it doesn't disregard the fact that yall way more salty than most Mavericks fans are about it. I'm not mad or anything, far from it,I'm more confused then anything
laugh.gif

And don't you hate watching the draft and that happens? You draft some dude you've never heard of, or when there's someone awesome out there andthey miss out on it and you just go...
tired.gif

Yeah I know but it doesn't disregard the fact that yall way more salty than most Mavericks fans are about it. I'm not mad or anything, far from it, I'm more confused then anything
laugh.gif
???how are we salty about it?
tongue.gif
if anything we're gladyou guys were in our way last year. well i guess napenny might be salty...but yeah.
laugh.gif

it's just a rap lyric, i'm sure it has nothin to do with any hatred toward the mavs.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ You guys did nothing to us... and I think that's a rap lyric from a Joe Budden song.

+1

Yeah I know but it doesn't disregard the fact that yall way more salty than most Mavericks fans are about it. I'm not mad or anything, far from it, I'm more confused then anything
laugh.gif

And don't you hate watching the draft and that happens? You draft some dude you've never heard of, or when there's someone awesome out there and they miss out on it and you just go...
tired.gif

i didn't understand any of that.

Let me rephrase. You guys are on Dirk's back more than anyone else it seems like, maybe it's because I'm around Warriors threads so much, but
laugh.gif
it just seems like some of you guys (not calling anyone out, because it's not really a big deal) are mad about it,
laugh.gif

with the 14th pick in the nba draft, the golden state warriors select Serge Ibaka. . .

That's what else I was talking about. It's like there being Kevin Durant, Greg Oden, Chris Bosh out there, and your team chooses someone like SmushParker and you're left thinking, what the hell...

?? i don't think anyone here hates dirk,but maybe u get that feeling since there's a general perception dirk is soft and doesn't come thruin the clutch, even tho he's shown time and time again he does (latest example being the utah game
eek.gif
).

but Serge Ibaka is supposed to be a nice intl prospect. i was reading the realgm forums the other day and everyone on the warriors board seemed to be VERY highon him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Let me rephrase. You guys are on Dirk's back more than anyone else it seems like, maybe it's because I'm around Warriors threads so much, but
laugh.gif
it just seems like some of you guys (not calling anyone out, because it's not really a big deal) are mad about it,
laugh.gif

with the 14th pick in the nba draft, the golden state warriors select Serge Ibaka. . .

That's what else I was talking about. It's like there being Kevin Durant, Greg Oden, Chris Bosh out there, and your team chooses someone like Smush Parker and you're left thinking, what the hell...

hahaha i'm just gonna ignore the first part of your post.. 'cause i doubt i'm gonna get it.

but as for the second part-- you mean like drafting adonal foyle right in front of tracy mcgrady?

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

to be honest Air, we only bash dallas because we hate you. it's a personal thing. we really don't give a damn about the mavericks.

wink.gif

Do I bring up the Mavericks much around here? I'm being completely serious asking it, I try not to because it's sorta stupid to post about theMavericks in a Warriors thread,
laugh.gif
. Maybe I'm just oblivious and you're being sarcastic, but I've had a hell of a long day, so I'mbraindead.
laugh.gif

yea u sure do, just like the rest of NT thinks Warriors fans like to bring up the Warriors in every thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

yea u sure do, just like the rest of NT thinks Warriors fans like to bring up the Warriors in every thread
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

but Serge Ibaka is supposed to be a nice intl prospect. i was reading the realgm forums the other day and everyone on the warriors board seemed to be VERY high on him.

Were you being serious? I couldn't tell, I thought he was just some random dude who sounded horrible because his name is as NTers put it,"suspect."
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
sergeibaka.jpg
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Serge Ibaka - Current Team: International '89, International[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Physicals:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]H: 6' 10"[/td] [/tr][tr][td]W: 220 lbs[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bday: 09/18/1989[/td] [/tr][tr][td](18 Years Old)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Positions:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Current: PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NBA: PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Possible: PF[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][th=""]AT A GLANCE - Serge Ibaka[/th] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Strengths:

• Freakish athleticism
• Frame
• Wingspan
• Shot-blocking potential
• Lateral quickness
• Finishing ability
• Tenacity/Motor
• Perimeter shooting skills
• Range out to 3-point line
• Producing at fairly high European level
• Upside

Weaknesses: