OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Why did I only have 100 shares of DNDN? It popped huge! $1k profit on it.

lol  I wish I put some money into it...Watch out for BVTI next
nerd.gif

yeah I had an order in for 100 shares at 2:20 yesterday, but they were on a conference call starting at 2:30 so they paused trading.  nonetheless didn't get any shares at the time so lost out on like a $5-6 gain per share.  
Chico what do you think about CLF (cliffs)?  strong earnings down like 12%....

Also, I think CMG is going to be a big time player thinking about buying in today.....

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

yeah I had an order in for 100 shares at 2:20 yesterday, but they were on a conference call starting at 2:30 so they paused trading.  nonetheless didn't get any shares at the time so lost out on like a $5-6 gain per share.  
Chico what do you think about CLF (cliffs)?  strong earnings down like 12%....

Also, I think CMG is going to be a big time player thinking about buying in today.....

Don't know much about the company, but by looking at the charts, I'd sit this one out.

Sold off the last of my DNDN today. Had a limit in for $50 since a couple weeks ago. Originally bought it at $6 something a couple years ago then bought more at $20, but I wish I went with my gut and bought more when it was down to $3 a while back
smh.gif
. Can't really complain though, I made a nice profit from it.

United and Contential to merge. looks like me holding onto my United might finally pay off.

its' dead because the bears are making a gwooop.

but ii can't wait to see maria bartirom.

'what is the dow' doing

euro this euro that.

The market straight clowned today. I feel sorry for those that sold at the bottom, only to see their stock go back up 10%.

Greece is overrated real talk.

Originally Posted by teddy jam

thread is dead

chico - u excited for LVS earnings AH?

I got stopped out completely. Unbelievable day. I, for once, was freaking out.

Breaking News: Nasdaq to Cancel All Trades More Than 60% Above or Below Market That Occurred 2:40pm-300pm ET

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

nasdaq probably knows something that we dont

probably insider trading

I think there was a lot that went on.  There are often bull shet bid asks out there.  I think I will set some GTC bids next time LOL.  They should honor some, and I don't doubt this was a lotto to some. I **%%$!% my pants seeing the dow drop past 600-800. LOL  Literally a first in my life.. Great to have seen it at least..  I didn't bank as everyone pretended they did though.. haha.

fishy - what do u think of oil at 76?

i got in at 79 and thinking of avging down now..but any more news on spain/portgula and it would drop even more

oil is trading off market news, not fundamentals

i got in at 79 and thinking of avging down now..but any more news on spain/portgula and it would drop even more

Not so much....You can also look for trends in the MACD/Stochastics and make calls based on that but then again thats only for 5-10 cent scalps usually.

Boss,

The main thing is to watch broad markets.  If we don't see any strength, recovery or bounces, then we are in for 'bad' news, and this will upend any speculation  you want to have.

Oil's charts look like a waterfall amongst others, but I think equities are finding strength in trying to creep back up.  But 2008 wasn't so long ago and that image still lurks heavy in my brain.

I am bullish going into the weekend, on very deep margin.  Actually a few % from a margin call alert.  Trying to play a bounce.  I am silly and pure up gambling more often than not because I'm busy at work and I can't watch 24/7.

Oh. FML to the max.  My account has barely moved.  I would gain, the lose it. FK MY POS POVs.

Look for the bottom, look for strength and go from there.  If oil attempts to test $70, just book it and %!#+.

Such volatile trading days. EURO looks entirely week and in doubt, despite massive print out.

To me, it looks as if the dollar's strength is putting commodities back into play and giving the USA its torch of prominence ( yeah right). While massive fledglings believe things are okay, they are not and it is 'scary', very 'scary'. SEC, CFT, whatevers, came out saying the 'fat finger', circuit breaker was not the sole cause, or even a cause, prompting gigantic big boy sell off in that 1000 dip.

Gold looks to print higher and higher tops, to a point where even miners are gaining off of this. The same w/ USD. My guess is that the EURO is literally fked.

Oil is heading towards $70 by the looks of things. That crash is ticking and getting more imminent. An actual flush is in the works from what I see.

I am NOW SHORT UP TO MY EYES, again just a few % away from a fed house call. I'm already in the money, but will set stop losses accordingly. YOU NEVER CAN TELL.

Playing that pop up last week was a blessing.

One of the stocks I'm shorting is MON. That thing is a slip and slide.

Back
Top Bottom