OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by teddy jam

chico - good entry point for LVS @ 22.40?  

i just saw this on BB ..a company doing some t/a and state the below

Our pivot point stands at 21.4.

Our preference: as long as 21.4 is support look for 28.1.

Alternative scenario: below 21.4, expect 19.1 and 17.8.

what's your take on this and how valid is it in your opinion?
Those are the numbers I'm looking at myself, give or take a few cents. I'd wait till the dust settles though. Not sure what next week will look like. I did get some good bargains on the early morning dip.

This Goldman stuff has really effed the market.
laugh.gif
anyone surprised at fraud at GOLDMAN. That's like being surprised priests touch little boys.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
anyone surprised at fraud at GOLDMAN. That's like being surprised priests touch little boys.

not surprised at all. they even openly bragged about shorting subprime mortgages.
I hate chris cox.

GS case was hyped and it was just a sign to let the markets know they are in control. They unloaded crazy. But you could say it was due anyhow.

The whole finance sector was already over stretched, and I suppose the MM needed a reason to dump and lock in gains.

I got hurt, no doubt about it, but I'm using this opportunity to buy into things. THe good thing is we were off lows and that is encouraging, but I am not sure if we are able to continue the run. Of course use caution.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i never thought i'd see a comparison of the two!

Anyone expect stocks to keep dropping?

Nows a good time to go all in since things are hitting a low, but im not sure things are going to start going back up quite yet.

LiL Chico,

Thanks for being real. It's hard to find someone like that these days. Thank you for helping me.

These dips are tempting, and so I bought in. I bought into GS.

What shocks me more is the actual social-geo-political movement.

=)

Originally Posted by BangDak

Anyone expect stocks to keep dropping?

Nows a good time to go all in since things are hitting a low, but im not sure things are going to start going back up quite yet.

Nobody knows, not even prop desks and MMs.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

^ Anytime.

[h1]Bank: Merrill Committed Same Fraud as SEC Claims Goldman Did
http://online.wsj.com/art...usiness_IndustryNews_DLW[/h1]

If you look hard enough, you can find dirt on anybody in the industry.  Rules get broken all the time.  This stuff isn't even fraud, there are too many things in this case that are implicitly implied.  This is just a DC thing.  They're going to target a $1 billion CDO in a market with $1.2 trillion worth of CDOs, really?  Besides, if you look at the context of things in 2007, people thought CDO prices would go up up up.  Don't blame the seller, blame the buyer.

Bought into another stock today: Q

Also pays a dividend.

DENVER, Apr 15, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) today announced its board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.08 per share. The quarterly dividend is payable on June 11, 2010, to all stockholders of record at the close of business on May 21, 2010.

Lets see where this takes me.

^Document unavailable.

However, who benefits the most out of that? Q? i think its too late to get in now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom