OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

PALM is rising so much because of their buyout that is looming.

personally, i'd say if you could gotten in at the $4.xx range, you'd be alright...but at $6+, probably not worth it atm.

Anyone think Citi will take a dip anytime soon, I want to re-up on it, but it's a little too high for my blood...

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

Anyone think Citi will take a dip anytime soon, I want to re-up on it, but it's a little too high for my blood...

Probably not. Its earnings season and C is always a hot pick. It'll probably test 5.41 looking at the trend its in.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

PALM is rising so much because of their buyout that is looming.

personally, i'd say if you could gotten in at the $4.xx range, you'd be alright...but at $6+, probably not worth it atm.

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Palm Inc. (PALM) shares rose nearly 15% Monday on a report that the embattled smartphone maker hired advisers to explore a potential sale.

for the most part i've missed the whole mar '09 - present rally, blows major %*%, huge opportunities lost

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Originally Posted by BangDak

Anyone think its a good time to get into PALM?

any other recs? a bit new to this, wana start off cheap and work my way up.

I'd say its a bit late now. Look at the run its had in the past few days. I'm in for 1k shares @ 4.81 when I noticed the huge volume few days back. I've got a trailing stop set in case it goes the other way to lock in some profit. PALM was way oversold and it could be an over reaction or shorts covering.
Got stopped out on this trade. Walked away with $690.

chico - shorts are bringing joez down to 2.6

some ppl saying strong strong support around 2.50

what's your take? 5 day RSI undersold and it's broke 20ma

good time to avg down? or wait a bit more ..it's dead money until q2 i think, but good long-term hold

if earnings/data down this week, could see this thing going to next support level of 2.2

People quote themselves now?
laugh.gif

Well, i bought a bit of RIMM made a few on that. im undecided whether to short Palm or go in. beh.

Originally Posted by teddy jam

chico - shorts are bringing joez down to 2.6

some ppl saying strong strong support around 2.50

what's your take? 5 day RSI undersold and it's broke 20ma

good time to avg down? or wait a bit more ..it's dead money until q2 i think, but good long-term hold

if earnings/data down this week, could see this thing going to next support level of 2.2

60 min chart seems like bottom is in. MACD is rolling over to the positive. Daily charts...not so good. I'd say 2.35 would be good to average down some more.

My top gainer today is F. Have shares from 12.50 and 12.62. My other holdings are green as well. Looking for 2-3% dip on LVS to load up.

This is a good place to lock in profits imo. We need an area of consolidation before we make the next leg up. Everything is way overbought.

This is a good place to lock in profits imo. We need an area of consolidation before we make the next leg up. Everything is way overbought.

That's a great point.  I closed out a few just to make sure, but I am carrying over w/ tigher stops.  Some are fresh entries too!  

F has took off once again today. Next stop...

You can tell the government is unloading their shares of C.

I am a strong buyer today.  I bought into some dips and I am very surprised at SNDK's continued erectal pop upwards.

I have a question, How do you set your stops? You use trail or hard?

Anyone know where MGM is headed? It looks WAY overbought. Its sitting at 82 mill right now...

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

F has took off once again today. Next stop...

You can tell the government is unloading their shares of C.

I am a strong buyer today.  I bought into some dips and I am very surprised at SNDK's continued erectal pop upwards.

I have a question, How do you set your stops? You use trail or hard?

Depends on the kind of stock I'm in. If it has high short interest and very volatile, I'll use sell stop with enough room for it to swing. I'll set it below lower BB, LOD, or use trendlines to see next level of support. I'll only use trailing stop if current pps is not near where I purchased and set it where I can lock in profits in case the trade goes the other way.

chico - good entry point for LVS @ 22.40?  

i just saw this on BB ..a company doing some t/a and state the below

Our pivot point stands at 21.4.

Our preference: as long as 21.4 is support look for 28.1.

Alternative scenario: below 21.4, expect 19.1 and 17.8.

what's your take on this and how valid is it in your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom