OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by teddy jam

i'm fine lol, i don't know what kind of perception you have of me, but i do not have the cash flows that you may think i do

im only down about 800 ..my exposure is about 40% of entire portfolio

not even down one pay cheque ..oil will probably hit mid 60s like you say, but it will recover...yes i didnt listen but what can i do, im not selling for a loss

news says OPEC needs oil to be 70-80 to fund projects...they will hold an extraordinary meeting if oil keeps retreating
Demand destruction game is back on.  With an appreciating USD in this environment crude is too expensive even at $60.

DEMAND IS NEVER a CONCERN w/ CRUDE !  CRUDE is not GASOLINE!
Do not confuse yourself w/ what CNBC feeds you.  You are off better staring at Maria's yellowing teeth than listening to this stupid 'appreciating USD' and commodities relationship.  That died long ago and never really existed in this type of market.

Crude is gone because it trades like an asset class, in relation to equities.  As the equities drop, crude follows suit, as already evident now.

I wrote about this months back, even if the USD were to rise and rise, OPEC would not let crude dip that low. LOL

IMO, we're heading lower than this. I expect Dow to test 9800-9900. I'll start buying near those levels. We're still not oversold yet.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

i'm fine lol, i don't know what kind of perception you have of me, but i do not have the cash flows that you may think i do

not even down one pay cheque ..oil will probably hit mid 60s like you say, but it will recover...yes i didnt listen but what can i do, im not selling for a loss

news says OPEC needs oil to be 70-80 to fund projects...they will hold an extraordinary meeting if oil keeps retreating
Demand destruction game is back on.  With an appreciating USD in this environment crude is too expensive even at $60.

Do not confuse yourself w/ what CNBC feeds you.  You are off better staring at Maria's yellowing teeth than listening to this stupid 'appreciating USD' and commodities relationship.  That died long ago and never really existed in this type of market.

Crude is gone because it trades like an asset class, in relation to equities.  As the equities drop, crude follows suit, as already evident now.

I wrote about this months back, even if the USD were to rise and rise, OPEC would not let crude dip that low. LOL
I don't understand your argument.
Demand is never a concern with Crude or demand is one of many components in crude pricing/speculating?

The argument is a lot more nuanced than you present.

What was the reason for the crash? What was the reason for the bounce over the past 13 months? Why is everybody so skittish now again? The Chinese can't build useless infrastructure  forever and how many times can they "build up inventory".
laugh.gif
The Chinese market has already entered bear territory (per the classic definition; for whatever that's worth).
I don't even know where to begin. On the surface you're correct but you present it in very simplistic terms.

If you knew me, you wouldn't mention CNBC. I don't have time to watch much TV anyway.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

IMO, we're heading lower than this. I expect Dow to test 9800-9900. I'll start buying near those levels. We're still not oversold yet.
faz
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

You always use IMO and POV, but just say it! =)

It will shave a digit place holder and I completely agree.  Suddenly 2008 seemed like so yesterday..

=)

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I don't understand your argument.
Demand is never a concern with Crude or demand is one of many components in crude pricing/speculating?

The argument is a lot more nuanced than you present.

What was the reason for the crash? What was the reason for the bounce over the past 13 months? Why is everybody so skittish now again? The Chinese can't build useless infrastructure  forever and how many times can they "build up inventory".
laugh.gif
The Chinese market has already entered bear territory (per the classic definition; for whatever that's worth).
I don't even know where to begin. On the surface you're correct but you present it in very simplistic terms.

If you knew me, you wouldn't mention CNBC. I don't have time to watch much TV anyway.

Sorry for the tirade. I shouldn't be like that.

You are right, demand is a part of speculating, how can it not be?  Demand/Supply, bid/ask are always components to the market, so you are right about that.  No question or doubt. 

The rally in the past 13-24 months was fueld by 'gov't intervention and massive injection of liquidity in the market.

What 'crash' are you suggesting?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I'm guessing no one trades ETFC because no one is talking about the reduced share split...
laugh.gif

Most broker don't allow you to 'short' POS stocks like ETFC.  Now that it's 'number' is more normalized, it might get attention.   I dont' bother w/ it.  I'd short the fk out of it.

i have no reason to hide or embelish any returns or losses...just not my style

im going to really take an active approach to using options to hedge my investments...gonna practice it and learn the volatility /movements of options

i know them theoritcally, but never traded them.

i have no reason to hide or embelish any returns or losses...just not my style

im going to really take an active approach to using options to hedge my investments...gonna practice it and learn the volatility /movements of options

i know them theoritcally, but never traded them.

Rigtht on, I was trying to play a bounce it was short lived and I had to immediately shift into a heavy short just to come up at about even.

it hit .03! my first stock and its going off the charts. if the audit thing goes well, it'll pop off even more.

Anybody ever hear of VVUS (Vivus)? It's a biotech stock that's developing a weight loss drug that also lowers blood pressure. My boy's a financial advisor and said one of his clients who's a doctor was telling him about it and that he should look into it. The FDA will be reviewing it in July and is expected to approve it.

Anybody ever hear of VVUS (Vivus)? It's a biotech stock that's developing a weight loss drug that also lowers blood pressure. My boy's a financial advisor and said one of his clients who's a doctor was telling him about it and that he should look into it. The FDA will be reviewing it in July and is expected to approve it.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ooag...er'body eatin well off this one... just call me Money Makin Mitch

still is very bearish...Im holding out for .04

-J23C
il get in on your next one. im gonna focus on ng, faz and pennys. the markets so crazy might as well try my luck on pennys i heard a few that would double but i havent lookedf at it

Back
Top Bottom