:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
video on sf49ers.com of the players playing the new madden, and one of the teams was wearing updated versions of the '95 unis. could these be the color rush uniforms for this season? 
nerd.gif

video on sf49ers.com of the players playing the new madden, and one of the teams was wearing updated versions of the '95 unis. could these be the color rush uniforms for this season? :nerd:

View media item 2142685

^ I'd be down w/ that but the 49ers' designated color rush game (every team's Thursday Night game) is a home game vs Cardinals if I recall correctly so it wouldn't figure they wear white at home.

Also some of the things I've heard, evidence would lean towards them wearing those garbage black out uniforms again.

But then again you never know these days, maybe they end up rocking these white on white's for the TNF game. I mean before last season, I thought there was no way in hell the 49ers would really add a black out uniform :smh:

yeah, you're probably right bro.

Chip was miced up at the Kezar practice. He seems nothing like the eccentric introvert the Philly media made him to be. Our players love him so far.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/M...-Stadium/4e76ef6c-4e86-43ce-a3e1-543ce13e5317

Peter King wrote last week about Chip Kelly appearing much happier here in SF:
Kelly seems happier here. Not that I found him miserable in Philadelphia, but you can tell he trusts Trent Baalke more than he did Howie Roseman and his Eagles’ personnel staff. He raves about the support staff, too. I’ll always think the Eagles pulled the plug too soon, and Kelly has an extremely difficult job making a good offense out of the elements he has here. But I think given his druthers, he’d rather be in San Francisco than Philly.
jed may have struck gold again and saved his *** from losing his fan base.

Last edited:
I like the black uniforms. Its an alternate. I think theyre dope as **** and the gold helmets set it off.

But nothing will ever make up for the Harbaugh thing for me. That was my coach

yeah, you're probably right bro.

Chip was miced up at the Kezar practice. He seems nothing like the eccentric introvert the Philly media made him to be. Our players love him so far.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/M...-Stadium/4e76ef6c-4e86-43ce-a3e1-543ce13e5317

Peter King wrote last week about Chip Kelly appearing much happier here in SF:

jed may have struck gold again and saved his *** from losing his fan base.
I feel the same way.

Our fan base organization was very fortunate to have Chip get fired end of last year. Of course preferred Hue Jackson but Chip is a hell of a coach.

No disrespect to Jimmie T as DL coach but to go from Jimmie to Chip at HC :D . Cant be more excitted for whats to come from the offense.

I hated the hire of Chip when It happened.

It was a moment of "fairweatherdness" because I wasn't thinking logically.

I love the move now.

I went back to watch Chip break down his offense, and noticed that he touches on exactly what I was referring to in a post I made a couple pages back:

made this real quick just to illustrate what i am talking about. harbaugh used a lot of 21/22 personnel with plays typically designed inside or barely outside the numbers. play designs were typically compact and bundled. power football, but a ton of moving bodies in a small area for the QB to peer thru.

conversely, chip uses the whole field  to stretch the defense. he's trying to create space and get defenders moving in opposite directions. there's going to be huge throwing windows as long as kap can remain composed in the pocket.
At 1:27 he talks about using the ENTIRE field, as opposed to "21/22 teams"(2 RB+1 TE/2 RB+2TE aka Harbaugh's favorite personnel) really compacting and limiting the area they work with.

Love Chip's offensive mind. Easily the best one we've had since Mooch.

Last edited:
we're so ******* lucky the chargers passed on defo. LMAO what a ******* debacle. 

Last edited:
we're so ******* lucky the chargers passed on defo. LMAO what a ******* debacle. 
Was reading an article about the situation. Sheesh.... :lol: has there been a rookie in recent time that has held out as long as Bosa and/or the whole season? :nerd:

Was reading an article about the situation. Sheesh....
laugh.gif
has there been a rookie in recent time that has held out as long as Bosa and/or the whole season?
nerd.gif
yes, many have held as long or longer, but one recent player in particular stands out to me: 

Last edited:
The Joey Bosa situation and the Michael Crabtree situation have virtually nothing in common with each other.  

Last edited:
right, but @22stylez  asked if a player has held out this long, and yes, one of our very own recent players indeed has.

Last edited:
tomorrow should be a good test for the young guys on defense, especially with a-rod suiting up. that GB first-team unit manhandled the raiders first-team D last weekend only running 2 plays. i want to see ray-ray out there getting first-team work against that GB line and eddie lacy.

i think willhoite might be the best LB next to Bow in base package because of his ability to play to his assignment--specifically in run defense. gerald hodges takes terrible paths to the ball, compromises gap integrity and just overall is a liability in run defense. i saw him flow to the wrong gap too many times last season, and he's doing it again.

Last edited:
I'm excited for tomorrow. I would've gone to this game but I got a bday dinner I have to be at :smh:

Can't wait to see Kaep behind this line and in chips new offense AND hopefully his tinted visor gets approved by the league

i hope he starts. i want him to go against that GB secondary. ha ha, rollins, hyde and the rest of those boys are looking nasty. dom capers has transitioned from his prototypical soft zone looks to a more aggressive man scheme across the board. let's see what kap can do. 0]

Last edited:

right, but @22stylez  asked if a player has held out this long, and yes, one of our very own recent players indeed has.
Bosa's holdout isnt even that long yet.  There have been plenty of players who have held out as long as him.  God the Chargers front office is a joke.  Almost makes me appreciate Jed.  Almost.

Starting to think the Niners want Kap to start the season.Regardless of what all these writers have been saying the last few weeks. With all the extra reps Gabbert has had from OTA's to mini camp, the two pre-season games, it still isn't enough for the team to go all in on Gabbert. The fans seem to want Kap, they have the money investment in him, i think they want to see if he can show a little bit of glimpse of what he has shown in the past. Especially with Chip, the new offense, and this drastically improved O-line. At the same time if they go with Kap one last time and he fails, they can bench him again, go with Gabbert and then proceed get rid of him for once and for all and not have to worry about what if's.He played a few games last year with that bum shoulder ( not to mention the bum O-line) which obviously didnt help his performance on the field and I think they may be giving him the benefit of the doubt as far as not losing the starting job because of injury. If Kap has a just even a good game not a great game tomorrow, i think we'll start seeing different stories from the beat writers.... Just my 2 cents.

He held out so long it caused the Jets to get punished for tampering
laugh.gif
lol yup
Starting to think the Niners want Kap to start the season.Regardless of what all these writers have been saying the last few weeks. With all the extra reps Gabbert has had from OTA's to mini camp, the two pre-season games, it still isn't enough for the team to go all in on Gabbert. The fans seem to want Kap, they have the money investment in him, i think they want to see if he can show a little bit of glimpse of what he has shown in the past. Especially with Chip, the new offense, and this drastically improved O-line. At the same time if they go with Kap one last time and he fails, they can bench him again, go with Gabbert and then proceed get rid of him for once and for all and not have to worry about what if's.He played a few games last year with that bum shoulder ( not to mention the bum O-line) which obviously didnt help his performance on the field and I think they may be giving him the benefit of the doubt as far as not losing the starting job because of injury. If Kap has a just even a good game not a great game tomorrow, i think we'll start seeing different stories from the beat writers.... Just my 2 cents.
i think you're spot-on. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom