:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mean.gif

With a good practice today/tomorrow and a good game this weekend, Kap could've got his job back. Dead arm came at the worst possible time....

I wouldnt mid nate davis, how long will it take for him to learn chips offense?
if i remember correctly, the poor guy has dyslexia and struggled to learn JIMMY ******* RAYE's playbook. 

no playbook. we going straight school yard in this ***** with no organized plays: "go deep". 
nthat.gif

lol this reminds me, i used to coach elementary football, and we had one play: underneath crossing route. everyone would run go's except for the designated crossers. we won the championship in our district running the exact same player over and over again. 
laugh.gif

nthat.gif

Last edited:
Eli Harold and Denver TE Virgil Green fight at 49ers/Broncos joint practice with 49ers LB Aaron Lynch and Broncos C James Ferentz also involved after Broncos QB Sieman "sacked" during team drills. 

Kaepernick suited up but made 0 passing attempts, continues to participate in handoffs, and shadowing QB motions attracting a small mob of fans. 

QB Christian Ponder hopes to be ready for Saturday's Preseason Week 2 game, speculates that Kaepernick will not be ready to play. 

Offense looked horrible (what else is new) 11-on-11 vs. Broncos: Gabbert 4 of 7, INT; Ponder 1 of 6, INT.

Defense looked SHARP 45, 43, 55, 47, 78, 20 and 56 all generated QB pressures, many of which would be sacks.

what is trent brown's ceiling?!?! 
eek.gif
 if he can continue to improve his footwork, technique and conditioning, he might have a future at left tackle.
 On the other side of the field, tackle Trent Brown was matched against Von Miller most of the morning. Brown got the better of Miller on their initial one-on-one encounter. Brown had a nice day overall, but he admitted that Miller, the reigning Super Bowl MVP, beat him a couple of times, too.
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article96192137.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Baalke on Kaepernick: "his arm's tired. To say it's dead, I wouldn't make that assumption", Kaep "may" throw tomorrow.

come on, kap, you little *****. let's see what you do behind this new and improved line with a head coach that is going to facilitate quarterbacking by creating space to see the field better, throw into bigger windows and provide more opportunities to run.

made this real quick just to illustrate what i am talking about. harbaugh used a lot of 21/22 personnel with plays typically designed inside or barely outside the numbers. play designs were typically compact and bundled. power football, but a ton of moving bodies in a small area for the QB to peer thru.

conversely, chip uses the whole field  to stretch the defense. he's trying to create space and get defenders moving in opposite directions. there's going to be huge throwing windows as long as kap can remain composed in the pocket.

Last edited:
Buckner impressed in the 1-on-2 lineman drills. Not only did the first-round pick hold his ground against two offensive linemen, he was usually seen pushing one of them into the backfield.

nthat.gif

come on, kap, you little *****. let's see what you do behind this new and improved line with a head coach that is going to facilitate quarterbacking by creating space to see the field better, throw into bigger windows and provide more opportunities to run.

made this real quick just to illustrate what i am talking about. harbaugh used a lot of 21/22 personnel with plays typically designed inside or barely outside the numbers. play designs were typically compact and bundled. power football, but a ton of moving bodies in a small area for the QB to peer thru.

conversely, chip uses the whole field  to stretch the defense. he's trying to create space and get defenders moving in opposite directions. there's going to be huge throwing windows as long as kap can remain composed in the pocket.

View media item 2136272
Isn't this the weakness that the Cardinals put on display last year? They knew Kap couldn't make throws to the sideline and only reads half the field?

yup, but there are multiple layers that what they said. if kaepernick was only making half-field reads, that's on the coaches. that's on harbaugh and g-ro for calling half-field concepts. contrary to what many believe, not every play is a full-field progression read. rather, those are pretty damn rare. and not every play is a progression read. some plays involve 'coverage reads' where you're reading defenders.

kaepernick obviously doesn't help himself with all of his flaws. he stares right at his target at the end of his drop back, and he has a huge wind up that gives defenses a head start on the ball. dude tips his hand on every play.

hoping that chip's modern passing attack will lend itself to kaepernick in conjunction with a better line and make everything "easier" for him. chip kelly not only uses the whole field, but defenses are forced to account for receiving threats out of the back field. the reason he doesn't use a fullback is because they're simply a waste of a spot in passing opportunities. harbaugh loved to limit his passing attack by keeping a fullback on the field and never throwing to a RB.

the offense trotted out by tomsula was a joke, so i won't even analyze what happened there.

Last edited:
^ pretty interesting how teams in recent years (note DGB trade) aren't shy to just dump a young player if they think he's buns even after 1 season no matter how high of a draft pick he was.

Seems like a fair amount of former 1st to 3rd round picks being given away lot quicker than traditionally.

Back
Top Bottom