:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My dude nate davis wrote that article, what couldve been. Any replays out there?

Last edited:
something that is going unnoticed is the significance of our 1st quarter touchdown in our very first game under chip.

yes, it was preseason, but 1st quarter touchdowns have been extremely hard to come by the last couple years--even in the preseason. we were so focused on evaluating the QB and O-line that this kind of flew under the radar. good to see us get on the board early. it's a good sign of things to come under chip.

Last edited:
I feel like I was watching a different game than everyone else if you guys think Gabbert looked "ok."

Dude was AWFUL. Missed easy throws. Ignored wide open receivers. The overwhelming majority of his production came because a defender fell down. Thats ok to you guys? Guess my standards are a bit higher.

If this is our starting QB, it is going to be a very long, frustrating season.

defenders fall down all the time, coverages get blown, etc. that doesn't discredit the play. seeing vance open on the corner route is half the battle.

it's hell of a lot better than going back to watch the all-22, and saying, "god damnit, vance is wide open, but Kap didn't see him".

personally, i was not impressed by his performance. i am grading on a curve ie turd vs turd.

with that said, if kap can overcome the yips he's developed over the last few seasons, i believe he can do well. chip does a really good job of scheming guys open, and the tempo flusters some secondaries at times. they stretch the hell out of the defense in every direction and create a lot of space to throw into. that should help kap see the field better and just let it rip.

Last edited:
1st team in defense was amazing i would not be surprised if we top 5 in the league this year...was really impressed with the running game and the amount of total yards by the offense in the first half!

Last edited:
Nick Bellore may get that starting Inside backer spot if he plays like he did yesterday throughout the rest of preseason.

Any 49er player got a black Maserati with a white gf?

I wasn't home at the time but they were looking at the house next door to me to rent.

($4900/month) cot damn.

Any 49er player got a black Maserati with a white gf?

I wasn't home at the time but they were looking at the house next door to me to rent.

($4900/month) cot damn.

I think Eli Harold checks the boxes

Last edited:
Draughn 
pimp.gif

very nice, you must see a lot of niners there. a lot of them live/lived in that area.

I ran into ray McDonald's at Popeyes by silver creek. Dude was carrying a 36 pack of Budweiser, This was after his first arrest, I asked him about his dogs though.

Later I ran into him again in willow Glen after he cut off his braids he was still unsigned.

thad lewis tore his acl. feel bad for the dude. 

they'll likely need to sign another QB, preferably one that knows this offense. vernon adams anyone? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I had a feeling it was bad for him. I remember on that play when he got hit he reached down and grabbed at his knee .

Thad Lewis played like he was going to take Blaine Gabbert's spot. Bummer he tore his ACL.

Driskel looks legit...But his throwing doesnt.

Glad I was able to watch the game yesterday...Mike Davis looked good...But, its the preseason.

Thad Lewis played like he was going to take Blaine Gabbert's spot. Bummer he tore his ACL.

Driskel looks legit...But his throwing doesnt.

Glad I was able to watch the game yesterday...Mike Davis looked good...But, its the preseason.

Did we watch the same game?

Thad Lewis out for season (torn ACL)

Colin Kaepernick dealing with "dead arm", SF training staff hopes "strength will return soon"

mean.gif

Looks to me like the QB competition is ending quickly and Gabbert & Driskel will be playing preseason week 2. 

To keep it a buck I feel like Kap don't eem wanna play.
Hard to say there's a few ways it could go down really. Perhaps he's doesn't want to play, and is going to keep ducking the fade due to his past injuries to get off this team, or maybe he has a really serious problem with his arm from those injuries and his NFL career is over. A third possibility exists, Chip & Colin could be telling the truth. CK may still be recovering from those three off season surgeries and the ~100 or so throws a day at camp have set his recovery back a week or two. 

While I am hoping for the latter anyway you look at it, it doesn't bode well for us.

frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom