***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think the GOP know from internal and external polling that they're getting smoked. And rightfully so. Their reaction to this is essentially an attempt at throwing out the entire electoral process, and they're all in. Graham doing this just reaffirms my belief that not only does that RNC server hack *probably* implicates him in something really bad, but he's also going to possibly lose his seat. How does he (and the rest of the GOP) prevent this? Use the SCOTUS as a hail mary to protect them from getting exposed by the Biden admin (or Russia, since they seem to really want to stir the pot over here). Trump probably knows he's toast too, which is why the "iNDepEndENt" DOJ is making declarations on those ballots to set the precedent for what they'll attempt in November. Thing is, the DOJ and the SCOTUS don't have authority to make any official rulings on elections (from what I recall). Not their job. But they hope that they can trick the media into "both-sides-ing" this issue, as well as making their base double down on not accepting anything other than a DOJ/SCOTUS ruling on results. It's desperate but definitely can work if the media and Dem leadership allow it to. Which...I don't know how much faith I can extend in those directions right now.

I think the GOP know from internal and external polling that they're getting smoked. And rightfully so. Their reaction to this is essentially an attempt at throwing out the entire electoral process, and they're all in. Graham doing this just reaffirms my belief that not only does that RNC server hack *probably* implicates him in something really bad, but he's also going to possibly lose his seat. How does he (and the rest of the GOP) prevent this? Use the SCOTUS as a hail mary to protect them from getting exposed by the Biden admin (or Russia, since they seem to really want to stir the pot over here). Trump probably knows he's toast too, which is why the "iNDepEndENt" DOJ is making declarations on those ballots to set the precedent for what they'll attempt in November. Thing is, the DOJ and the SCOTUS don't have authority to make any official rulings on elections (from what I recall). Not their job. But they hope that they can trick the media into "both-sides-ing" this issue, as well as making their base double down on not accepting anything other than a DOJ/SCOTUS ruling on results. It's desperate but definitely can work if the media and Dem leadership allow it to. Which...I don't know how much faith I can extend in those directions right now.

GOP ain’t even being that creative, it’s obvious what they’re going do or try to do

see the Georgia election where Stacy abrams got screwed or hell just look at the 2000 presidential election

the media don’t even pretend to hold them to the same standards.. and democrats think they have shame or can appeal to some sort of decency that doesn’t exist

Good read on how the Twitter hack from July happened and what they claim to be doing to prevent similar attacks. I have to shake my head at some of the claims in here by Twitter though. You can train employees all you want, there's still going to be that one idiot or corrupt employee willing to cash in on his access. I'm aware of at least one person who still has active access to a corrupt employee, which he uses to grant people verification badges. Assuming a fairly even split, I estimate the employee gets around $1000-1500 per account. That's not much in the grand scheme of things.
Someone with more malice and willingness to pay up could probably find an employee willing to do a lot more than just grant phony verification badges.

Additionally, this Twitter hack was fairly unique in that it compromised Twitter's system itself. There's not much stopping someone from just SIM-swapping their way into people's accounts. 2-Factor Authentication is completely powerless against the plague of idiot employees at mobile providers who keep falling for SIM swap schemes.
https://www.wired.com/story/inside-twitter-hack-election-plan/
How Twitter Survived Its Biggest Hack—and Plans to Stop the Next One
On July 15, Twitter melted down. On Election Day, that's not an option.

they're counting on people just eating the **** sandwich or their supporters (read: brown shirts) bailing them out after they go through with this plan.

boyyyy oh boy. yall remember in 2017 when literally millions of people marched just because it was his first official day as president?

they're counting on people just eating the **** sandwich or their supporters (read: brown shirts) bailing them out after they go through with this plan.

boyyyy oh boy. yall remember in 2017 when literally millions of people marched just because it was his first official day as president?
That and recent protests will be tiny compared to what will happen if they try this ****.

12063862_1057193757637513_6789864419512877364_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom