***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You moved the goalpost because your argument is that Bernie would have a better chance against Trump because he won more swing states. Biden won more swing states. You didn't come close to making a cogent argument for Bernie being a stronger candidate than Biden. That was you claim. So all you doing right now is getting your eagle on for Trump again.

I didn't make that argument--you made that up.

Someone asked how could Bernie beat Trump if he couldn't beat Biden. I pointed out reasons that he didn't beat Biden but could still beat Trump.

I didn't make that argument--you made that up.

Someone asked how could Bernie beat Trump if he couldn't beat Biden. I pointed out reasons that he didn't beat Biden but could still beat Trump.

you didn't point out anything. You just claimed a handful of states were swing states that are not and ignored the actual swing states that Bernie got crushed in (Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan).

Once again there is no better pairing than you and disingenuous arguments.

So tell me again about Bernie beating Biden in swing states, and Biden only winning because of the black voters in the deep south, and how that makes Bernie unique better to face Trump?

Again, you brought up the "better to face Trump" narrative. The discussion was how could Bernie beat Trump if he didn't be Biden.

Again, you brought up the "better to face Trump" narrative. The discussion was how could Bernie beat Trump if he didn't be Biden.
You are really a piece of work

So you really want to act like you were not peddling the argument that Bernie has a better chance against Trump for damn near all of the primary.

Even after he got waxed in the primary.

you didn't point out anything. You just claimed a handful of states were swing states that are not and ignored the actual swing states that Bernie got crushed in (Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan).

Once again there is no better pairing than you and disingenuous arguments.

What are you talking about? Did you read the initial question posted?

Seems you saw swing states and chimed in thinking I was making a point I wasn't.

Biden's performance on Super Tuesday is a large reason why he won the primary.

That, alone, is not enough to say that Bernie would have no chance to beat Trump simply because he lost the Primary to Biden. That was the discussion.

You are really a piece of work

So you really want to act like you were not peddling the argument that Bernie has a better chance against Trump for damn near all of the primary.

We are talking about the current discussion.

It seems you realize we were on a different topic so now you want to go back to my comments during the primary

We are talking about the current discussion.

It seems you realize we were on a different topic so now you want to go back to my comments during the primary
Even your argument here made no sense. Nothing in Bernie's primary performance says he is better suited to take on Trump. The evidence your pointed too was flimsy.

So even looking at what you said today, your are full of ****.

Even your argument here made no sense. Nothing in Bernie's primary performance says he is better suited to take on Trump. The evidence your pointed too was flimsy.

Didn't say he was better suited.

I said that the mere fact that Biden beat him in the primary doesn't mean that Bernie couldn't defeat Trump in the general.

You want to change the topic. . .

His entire premise is ******* stupid as usual. "Bernie would have a better shot because people would be more energized, but please ignore the fact that they were not energized by him enough to vote for him in the primaries so he got absolutely smoked, twice"

His entire premise is ****ing stupid as usual. "Bernie would have a better shot because people would be more energized, but please ignore the fact that they were not energized by him enough to vote for him in the primaries so he got absolutely smoked, twice"

Again, you made up the "better shot" rhetoric.

Amazing how y'all create an argument and then argue against it.

Everyone can go back and see how the convo started. The entire "better suited" narrative is completely made up.

At least RustyShackleford RustyShackleford admits he is bringing up stuff from the primary instead of the current discussion.

You really made up an entire quote :lol:

Remarkable

Didn't say he was better suited.

I said that the mere fact that Biden beat him in the primary doesn't mean that Bernie couldn't defeat Trump in the general.

You want to change the topic. . .
This was the comment you responded too...

If Bernie couldn't beat Biden, and Biden allegedly can't beat Trump, why would Bernie beat Trump?

Based Jesus is clearly asking why do people think Bernie has a better chance against Trump, given his primary lost. This want started it all.

Then you responded...
Biden won the primary by winning a bunch of southern states that he will, undoubtedly, lose in the general.

The fact that he won those states in the primary is not really a great indicator that he will be able to defeat Trump in the important swing states.

The argument for Bernie is that more voters were energized by his run than they are by a Biden run.

Making an argument that clearly ignores that the fact that Biden beat Bernie in more swing states, the states that will actually decide this election.

So I am not changing a damn. Based Jesus Based Jesus was clearly asking why people think what a dude Biden beat would perform better against Trump.

So who is really changing the subject here?

Last edited:

Bernie had a better public perception to him, especially amongst ppl in my age. Had it came down to him & Trump in 2016, I don't thing that Donald would be president rn.

Again, you made up the "better shot" rhetoric.

Amazing how y'all create an argument and then argue against it.

Everyone can go back and see how the convo started. The entire "better suited" narrative is completely made up.

At least RustyShackleford RustyShackleford admits he is bringing up stuff from the primary instead of the current discussion.

You really made up an entire quote :lol:

Remarkable
******* ******** you pathetic troll. I didn't do anything close to that.

If Bernie couldn't beat Biden, and Biden allegedly can't beat Trump, why would Bernie beat Trump?

Biden won the primary by winning a bunch of southern states that he will, undoubtedly, lose in the general.

The fact that he won those states in the primary is not really a great indicator that he will be able to defeat Trump in the important swing states.

The argument for Bernie is that more voters were energized by his run than they are by a Biden run.

His entire premise is ****ing stupid as usual. "Bernie would have a better shot because people would be more energized, but please ignore the fact that they were not energized by him enough to vote for him in the primaries so he got absolutely smoked, twice"

This was the comment you responded too...

Based Jesus is clearly asking why do people think Bernie has a better chance against Trump, given his primary lost. This want started it all.

Then you responded...

Making an argument that clearly ignores that the fact that Biden beat Bernie in more swing states, the states that will actually decide this election.

So I am not changing a damn. Based Jesus Based Jesus was clearly asking why people think what a dude Biden beat would perform better against Trump.

So who is really changing the subject here.

How does that question by Based Jesus Based Jesus ask who is better suited?

It simply asks, how can Bernie win if he couldn't even beat Biden. I explained how losing to Biden in the primary doesn't necessarily mean Bernie would lose to Trump in a general.

Bernie had a better public perception to him, especially amongst ppl in my age. Had it came down to him & Trump in 2016, I don't thing that Donald would be president rn.
There would be no Comey letter if Bernie was the nominee. That is the strongest argument for Bernie being able to defeat Trump.

Everything else is conjecture because at the end of the day he got washed in the 2016 primary as well. And public perception among the age group with the lowest turnout rates doesn't say that much.

I never could've imagined Kanye would be who he is today

Out of all the wild things that have happened the past decade or so, this is the one that I know, if I told my 12 year old self- he would not believe it or even remotely consider it; I'd probably go full-Karen on my adult self

Didn't imagine my nephews and nieces would grow up knowing him as a cartoonish uncle tom that sells sneakers

Back
Top Bottom