***Official Political Discussion Thread***

"They should have went with Bernie"

tenor.gif
“They shouldn’t have stole it from Bernie. “

Anyways. I’m going to be ******* ecstatic about voting Biden/Harris if that means getting Trump out.

I think recent history as taught us that only a younger superstar politician at the top of the ticket gets young people to turnout above their usual rates in the general.

They did for Clinton in 1992, and Obama in 2008 but other than that, been relatively flat. So I don't expect a major shift, hopefully I am wrong, since this election is more about getting Trump out than getting Biden in.

I think the issue is that young people tend to be more progressive, and that's who brings energy and young people to the party. And to the Nancy Pelosi career politician that side of the party they might as well be Republican.

I think young people looked at Clinton and Biden as typical politicians who will make promises to get elected.

You quickly become disenfranchised once you see it enough.

We're now at a point where the President is openly racist and openly planning to sabotage the election and folks are still confused and making excuses.

I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone man :lol:

the short sightedness is astounding. this man trying to get 4 more years. latest major act was organizing secret police and planing to invade urban areas to enact “law and order” and mf talking about well I mean she used to be a cop :lol::lol:

bro they running against the ghost of Robert E. Lee and the energy of a million Nazi ghosts. use your head.

I honestly think people should be more concerned about Trump's voter suppression and misinformation tactics more that Harris' effect on the ticket. The former will probably have a much larger effect on the outcome.

people need to be concerned as hell until Inauguration Day IF the dems carry the senate and presidency

things going get progressively worse in and out of election

I think the issue is that young people tend to be more progressive, and that's who brings energy and young people to the party. And to the Nancy Pelosi career politician that side of the party they might as well be Republican.

I think young people looked at Clinton and Biden as typical politicians who will make promises to get elected.

You quickly become disenfranchised once you see it enough.
Eh, could be. I am not convinced that is the reason THOUGH

But I think it more that there is always a groups that voting becomes practice later in life. if Young people were tuning out, they would be above at least the 30-44 year old group....
figure04.png

I mean some might think that way, but it takes a massive reach to think someone like Pelosi is equivalent to a Republican, so I don't think that sentiment is that widespread.

I think it is just hard to convince a subsection of future voters to be politically engage in their younger years. They have a hard time thinking long term.

It would be interesting to see turnout rates for you left wingers vs. right wingers. Might shed some more light on if the party has an effect on the turnout.

Last edited:
I think recent history as taught us that only a younger superstar politician at the top of the ticket gets young people to turnout above their usual rates in the general.

They did for Clinton in 1992, and Obama in 2008 but other than that, been relatively flat. So I don't expect a major shift, hopefully I am wrong, since this election is more about getting Trump out than getting Biden in.

FWIW Bernie could scare up and stoke street protests and the disruption needed to counter Trump’s election theft. That may be needed. BLM and Antifa could also bring a ton of resistance to the street which could embolden key unions to go on strike. It sounds crazy but we’re having to game out a crisis so nothing is too crazy to consider.

Biden definitely will have no problems getting more votes in the popular vote and in the EC context. Responsible commentators should focus almost entirely on voter suppression, USPS sabotage and Trump’s packed courts, which would adjudicate the very likely court challenges the trump administration or GOP will launch after Trump loses a bunch of swing States.

People who are 70+ shouldn't be allowed to vote. These people often have super outdated views. That's why so many of them support Trump. They miss the days of segregation and misogyny and Trump epitomizes all of that.

If both candidates are undergoing cognitive decline, would you rather the president be someone who likes dogs and ice cream, or the guy who will burn down the world so that Russia doesn't release his pee tape?

fatilities.... he mispronounces it twice, which makes me wonder if he ever knew how to say it.

People who are 70+ shouldn't be allowed to vote. These people often have super outdated views. That's why so many of them support Trump. They miss the days of segregation and misogyny and Trump epitomizes all of that.
what about when ur 70???
u shouldnt have the right to vote
even though u oppose segregation and misogyny???
as long as mentally ur there and not loosing brain cells(Alzheimer or dementia)
no reason a persons vote shouldn't count

what about when ur 70???
u shouldnt have the right to vote
even though u oppose segregation and misogyny???
as long as mentally ur there and not loosing brain cells(Alzheimer or dementia)
no reason a persons vote shouldn't count

I wasn't raised in a total dog **** era of America. Yeah America has major issues and things like racism still exist, but I didn't go to school in 1960 where people were threatening to kill Black children for wanting to go to school with white kids or get disgusted by the thought of female leadership.

Back
Top Bottom