***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What does any of this have to do with AT&T's decision because of the tax plan that just passed? Pilots make more than flight attendants... yea. They get bigger bonuses...yea...None of that is related to the tax cut discussion.

There's a part at the end of that post that makes my point. What you posted ain't new.

You got your optimistic shades on right now, keep em polished. Hopefully things stay bright and shiny

Honestly trying to see the positive of the tax bill for me, and I really don’t see much changed for me except maybe like $200-300 more that I will get back?

Not sure if that’s worth having “entitlement” programs getting their budget cut, especially when I got a grandma that relies on those services.

Honestly trying to see the positive of the tax bill for me, and I really don’t see much changed for me except maybe like $200-300 more that I will get back?

Not sure if that’s worth having “entitlement” programs getting their budget cut, especially when I got a grandma that relies on those services.

That's one of the problems that has been voiced at least once but we somehow get chased back down to "But people donate money to fund programs all the time"

Parents will get a higher tax credit per child. Standard deduction, which is used by most taxpayers, is doubling. And while 300 is not much to you, it is for many everyday Americans. Everyday Americans will see more money in their pockets and will be able to invest it into their communities.

Yep they can afford those grand home renovations now with the $300. Maybe they can buy 1/10 of a refrigerator. Aaron’s and Rent-A-Center are going to make a killing.

Screenshot_20171220-152006.jpg

:sick:

#FAKENEWS, #DAPPER, #MYPRESIDENTHASGOLDENLOCKS

https://stjudedonate.weebly.com/faq.html

St. Jude's expenses are mostly covered by public contributions...

In to see the flying pigs doe

Please stop with this man. Because these programs that are based on donations survive does not mean that a gov't program that is defunded will all of a sudden get a wash of donations to stay afloat.

We had this conversation.

People make "bank" panhandling on the street. Would you quit your job or switch from part time from full time to beg for money on the side of the road?

You would agree that AT&T didn't have to do this right? Nothing in the plan forced them to. I think that many people on this thread were saying that companies would not do stuff like this because it isn't incentivized or compelled by the tax plan. Seems wrong.
Why do you insist on being so obtuse?

People are trying to make you understand that you can jut rely on altruism to run the economy and help people. This move might seem nice but it not widespread. You and the GOP claim it will be.

I bet all those workers much rather constant 3-5% wage growth over a one time bonus.

A bonus that is relatively little compared to what ATT is about to save with this bill. And minute compare to what they will save until the rates potentially raise again.

You are using an outlier to prop up a weak argument

Yep they can afford those grand home renovations now with the $300. Maybe they can buy 1/10 of a refrigerator. Aaron’s and Rent-A-Center are going to make a killing.

Dude probably just finished watching It's A Wonderful Life and is feeling all warm and fuzzy to have this warped perception of blue collar workers flipping their lump sum of $300 into the St. Jude's. :lol:

Please stop with this man. Because these programs that are based on donations survive does not mean that a gov't program that is defunded will all of a sudden get a wash of donations to stay afloat.

We had this conversation.

People make "bank" panhandling on the street. Would you quit your job or switch from part time from full time to beg for money on the side of the road?

And just because programs are defunded doesn't mean that the services they offer will disappear. Both are true.

To answer your question....no, I wouldn't.

Dude this tax bill will save me thousands and I am heated.

I don't need the money, it won't make a meaningful impact in my life. They should give to someone that does. I know I will.

I don't know what kind of selfish heartless person someone as to be claim to be well off but celebrate a couple extra hundred bucks a month. Knowing to make that happen, austerity has to be imposed on the most vunerable Americans.

You would agree that AT&T didn't have to do this right? Nothing in the plan forced them to. I think that many people on this thread were saying that companies would not do stuff like this because it isn't incentivized or compelled by the tax plan. Seems wrong.
I think you mean AT&T does not have to do this. They haven't done anything yet. They allegedly will and it's allegedly because of tax reform.

And just because programs are defunded doesn't mean that the services they offer will disappear. Both are true.

To answer your question....no, I wouldn't.

My left foot is slightly bigger than my right foot is also true but just like your point in response to Eddie stating his grandmother depended on certain programs and the original CHIPs conversation, it's irrelevant.
Just because St. Jude's does it does not mean every other program can or will.

And if you wouldn't get out there and beg for change why are you so comfortable with defending programs being defunded with that bs response. Just dead that whole argument man.

Why do you insist on being so obtuse?

People are trying to make you understand that you can jut rely on altruism to run the economy and help people. This move might seem nice but it not widespread. You and the GOP claim it will be.

I bet all those workers much rather constant 3-5% wage growth over a one time bonus.

A bonus that is relatively little compared to what ATT is about to save with this bill. And minute compare to what they will save until the rates potentially raise again.

You are using an outlier to prop up a weak argument

Again, we will see

Dude this tax bill will save me thousands and I am heated.

I don't need the money, it won't make a meaningful impact in my life. They should give to someone that does. I know I will.

I don't know what kind of selfish heartless person someone as to be claim to be well off but celebrate a couple extra hundred bucks a month. Knowing to make that happen, austerity has to be imposed on the most vunerable Americans.

So you are going to donate it? Just as a predicted people would do. You are literally proving my point.

Back
Top Bottom