***Official Political Discussion Thread***

American Cancer Society
So essentially there is no real bump in people's take home pay, we just shifted the responsibility of government assistance to employed citizens?:lol:

Or do you still count the extra 36 dollars we're going to take home even though you'd expect it to be donated to make up for what the government wont do.

I wish you had it in you to admit you didn't know what you were talking about, and inquire about some of the things you clearly don't get.:lol::smh:

Last edited:
Fam, are you really this trusting?:rofl:

If a business who's main goal is to make profits on profits is giving 2000 employees $1000 bonuses, they stand to make 100x that.

You really think this isn't a push in the media to give the bill more positive light by a corporation who stands to gain millions on millions on the back of their employees if this bill gets passed?:lol:

Fam, are you really this trusting?:rofl:

If a business who's main goal is to make profits on profits is giving 2000 employees $1000 bonuses, they stand to make 100x that.

You really think this isn't a push in the media to give the bill more positive light by a corporation who stands to gain millions on millions on the back of their employees if this bill gets passed?:lol:

So you did see it?

Would you prefer these employees not get the bonus?

Last edited:
Screenshot_20171220-152006.jpg

:sick:

So organize due to spray tan, balding, potential dementia or something with the way he holds glasses, easy well done steak with ketchup, considers fast food tasty, and thinks exercise is bad for you. Man the list just keeps growing.

Wonder if that’s a wig or his actual hair now.

"At least it's something"

Reminds me of that Corn Pops cartoon thing, with the only brown corn pop was a janitor and people's response was "At least he has a job"
More of the same

You would agree that AT&T didn't have to do this right? Nothing in the plan forced them to. I think that many people on this thread were saying that companies would not do stuff like this because it isn't incentivized or compelled by the tax plan. Seems wrong.

You would agree that AT&T didn't have to do this right? Nothing in the plan forced them to. I think that many people on this thread were saying that companies would not do stuff like this because it isn't incentivized or compelled by the tax plan. Seems wrong.
You're purposely missing the point, bro.

But it's cool.

You got it.

It won't happen

Then it happens...

That doesn't count it's an outlier

I imagine this will continue :lol:

Well, I got a counter example for you:

Delta pays out $1.1 billion in profit sharing to employees.

Delta Air Lines is paying out $1.1 billion in profit sharing to its employees, including more than $392 million to its employees in metro Atlanta.

Sounds nice right? But when looked at a bit deeper

Bonuses for Delta workers weren’t all sky-high

When The Seattle Times reported — accurately — that the average bonus paid on Tuesday came to $13,000, more than a half-dozen outraged Delta workers called or wrote to say they’d received nothing close to that amount, and that their bonus was way less than last year’s.
Indeed there were big differences in the payouts among different worker groups, and not only because some have higher salaries than others.

Delta said flight attendants and ground crew got a bonus of 10.3 percent of their annual pay. For many, that meant payouts ranging from $3,000 to $6,000.

A second flight attendant said her bonus was only $2,300, “less than half what I got last year.”

A member of the ground crew who works only part time said he got a bonus of $1,500.

In contrast, the pilots’ union said that under its contract, Delta’s 13,000 pilots got a profit-sharing bonus of 17.8 percent of annual pay.

An extensive database of airline salaries maintained by analysts at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology indicates that the average salary for Delta pilots in 2016 was about $230,000, which means their average profit-sharing bonus topped $40,000.

This isn't a new thing, companies have been doing it before this break and the break isn't what other companies have been waiting for to do it

It won't happen

Then it happens...

That doesn't count it's an outlier

I imagine this will continue :lol:

out·li·er
ˈoutˌlīər/
noun
  1. a person or thing situated away or detached from the main body or system.
    "less accessible islands and outliers"
    • a person or thing differing from all other members of a particular group or set.
      "an outlier in Faulkner's body of work"
    • GEOLOGY
      a younger rock formation isolated among older rocks

When the trend continues, we can talk. Keep us updated.

I find you trying to call out deflecting particularly funny.:lol:

Well, I got a counter example for you:

Delta pays out $1.1 billion in profit sharing to employees.

Sounds nice right? But when looked at a bit deeper

Bonuses for Delta workers weren’t all sky-high

This isn't a new thing, companies have been doing it before this break and the break isn't what other companies have been waiting for to do it

What does any of this have to do with AT&T's decision because of the tax plan that just passed? Pilots make more than flight attendants... yea. They get bigger bonuses...yea...None of that is related to the tax cut discussion.

Back
Top Bottom