***Official Political Discussion Thread***

No shade brah.

But I have no idea what this is even suppose to mean, partly because it is such a hard sentence to read, and partly because I have not idea what you're even trying to say.

Romney got skewered for the 47 comment and when he tried to make a 10K bet during a debate. I'm saying that even though trump is also a billionare he can talk like he's one of the guys. I think it's partly because of where he grew up you end up mingling with so many different people even if you are rich.

Romney was stiff as a board and out of touch while trump somehow gives off a different vibe even though he grew up rich.

And i could see trump saying binders full of women without anyone even being shocked. Eomney would never get away with the same stuff.

In all honesty, I believe Trump will get the GOP nod. At this point, who's more consistent, for lack of a better term? Rubio will come in at 3rd and Jeb will come in at 2nd off his name alone but dude is out of touch and it shows; he's almost Romney-esque w/ how much of a drone he is. Paul's ideals aren't far right enough for him to get the nod though he's their best option against the Dems. Carson was a longshot for obvious reasons and his Muslim president comments didn't help his case.

In all honesty, I believe Trump will get the GOP nod. At this point, who's more consistent, for lack of a better term? Rubio will come in at 3rd and Jeb will come in at 2nd off his name alone but dude is out of touch and it shows; he's almost Romney-esque w/ how much of a drone he is. Paul's ideals aren't far right enough for him to get the nod though he's their best option against the Dems. Carson was a longshot for obvious reasons and his Muslim president comments didn't help his case.

Jeb always seems flustered like his public speaking skills aren't up to snuff. Dude is taking the criticism of his brother's administration a little to personally and you can tell he's a bit irritated he answers certain questions.

I think it'll end up being Carly or Trump. Either way, I don't seem them gaining much ground in a national election.

Jeb will drown and it'd be a rout in 2016 if he gets the GOP nod, word to John McCain. The GOP really has no answers. The more time passes, the older the younger gets get and see it for what it is, and they're the ones voting.

This is gonna be a landslide victory for Hill.

Should we expect a 65/35 or 70/30 for her?

Not even remotely close to that.

Reagan beat Mondale in all but Minnesota for the Electoral College and only got 58% of the vote.

Nixon won all but Massachusetts and got only 60%.

I'd say Hillary gets 53 or 54%. Obama got 52.9% versus McCain

Last edited:
I know it is not gonna happen, but it would be amazing/hilarious if Hillary somehow flipped Texas

Just to see the GOP go ape **** crazy :lol:

Last edited:
Want to see jeb crash n burn hard.

Brah, chill

Jeb might be on dat Bernie wave on the low :nerd:

I'm not willing to bet anything on anyone until the first Democrat debate. Got a sneaky feeling that Bernie might just casually, but ruthlessly, outclass Hillary from the the get-go.

I live in Bernie-land(Oregon) but his support/momentum is starting to feel so so legitimate.

Hilldawg is a strong debater, probably stronger than Bernie

Sanders is about getting his ideas out there, not shading folk

So with those two things, I doubt he does any damage.

Martin O'Malley might come at her harder

Then Bernie should let Martin come at her while he looks like the sensible one that is focused. Bernie seems like a straight shooter and if people like Trump for being the same way (just in an idiotic manner :lol:) then they should feel the Bern.

In local political news, Braddock mayor John Fetterman is running for PA state Senate. I've met dude once (Braddock is only a small town right outside of Pittsburgh) and he was coo and human; other people say the same thing about him. I hope he can win, he really is pushing for change to inequality on all fronts. Check out his site http://www.johnfetterman.com

Bernie will poll higher after the debate just because people will find out who he is. Despite his popularity in some communities, in other's he's practically unknown and that's unfortunate.

Debates aren't going to help Hillary in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited:

Bernie will poll higher after the debate just because people will find out who he is. Despite his popularity in some communities, in other's he's practically unknown and that's unfortunate.

-That's kinda his fault doe.

-The debate might not help Clinton. But if Trillary performs well, I don't see how it can seriously hurt her.

--------

Washington Post just posted this article about Sander's supporters. Been saying this for a while, some of Bern's supporters are doing him no favors

My homeboy went to a rally a couple weeks ago and I asked him how it was. His reply "Bernie was great,....but there was a lot more white privilege in the air than you would expect" , referring to his discussions he add with folk at the rally.

Last edited:

-The debate might not help Clinton. But if Trillary performs well, I don't see how it can seriously hurt her.

--------

Washington Post just posted this article about Sander's supporters. Been saying this for a while, some of Bern's supporters are doing him no favors

My homeboy went to a rally a couple weeks ago and I asked him how it was. His reply "Bernie was great,....but there was a lot more white privilege in the air than you would expect" , referring to his discussions he add with folk at the rally.

That's the problem I have w/ some of the "Pro-Black" people, they're so high and mighty and "Pro-Black" that anybody who isn't Black is the enemy, which is stupid. Black people would have a better chance of progress under Bernie than any other candidate in my opinion but they attack him. Cats are like Travis' son on Fear the Walking Dead, they just have to be apart of it, regardless of what "it" is

Back in the Sanders thread I posted about how some supporters  across the internet and IRL drove me insane with their response to when those women interrupted him, I had so many pointless internet arguments with people 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

What i'll say again is this, some of Sanders supporters as progressive as they may be are racially tone deaf and it was important that instead of talking down to black people telling us he is the best chance we have for anyone to pay attention to us (which if you think about it is part of the reason he was interrupted in the first place because they felt he would respond in a positive way which he did). He listened and updated his website with a criminal/racial justice reform plan which he didn't have before that incident and began to vocalize it in following rallies in front of these again progressive yet racially tone deaf crowds and i'm glad he did.

In short people may not have liked how those black lives matters women went at Sanders and how other black people questioned him on race issues but it got results, he listened and responded on those issues which is important because if I remember correctly it was you Rusty that said something in the Sanders thread along the lines of he is running for president now and back in the day he wasn't and thats why its important to reiterate his stance on racial issues.

Last edited:

--------

That's the problem I have w/ some of the "Pro-Black" people, they're so high and mighty and "Pro-Black" that anybody who isn't Black is the enemy, which is stupid. Black people would have a better chance of progress under Bernie than any other candidate in my opinion but they attack him. Cats are like Travis' son on Fear the Walking Dead, they just have to be apart of it, regardless of what "it" is

Uhhh? I don't think any of that is going on brah

-Crime justice reform is an important issue. O'Malley and Clinton (without her hand being force, and I believe it was the on the first policy proposals she present) had already put out the formal position on the matter before BLM ran up on stage with him.

Bernie was caught lackin and he rightfully paid a price for that.

-Even though I have made the same argument that "black folk would flourish most under Bernie" the question still remains if they will be allowed to flourishing as much as white folk. During the post war era when the middle class was thriving, black were still being oppression. During the boom of the 1990s, blacks were also being thrown in jail at high rates. The housing bubble pops and in the mess we find out banks were targeting minorities with bad loans.

Black people, any black person, has every right to demand Sanders guarantee that helping the black community will go hand in hand with all this "flourishing" at he is promising.

Telling blacks to keep quiet about it, or be more polite about a matter that is literally a life and death situation is crazy insulting. But somehow a good number of Bernie Sanders supporters can't see that.

-I mean look at the response Bernie has had to the situation compared to some of his supporters. He has been 1000000x more mature about it, he realized it need to be addressed, he had made steps to do so.

Many of his supporters think talking down to or getting mad at the black community is somehow going to help their cause :smh:

I have a lot of friends that a Sanders supporters and that are white. It baffles me sometimes when I say "Tell me why Bernie should get the black vote and don't bring up Clinton, civil rights, or marching with MLK".

Some can't do that, some of him act like their brain is going to short circuit, and the ones who can still hit me with the :\ when you bring up black not being able to participate equally in times of economic growth.

Last edited:

Back in the Sanders thread I posted about how some supporters  across the internet and IRL drove me insane with their response to when those women interrupted him, I had so many pointless internet arguments with people :lol: :smh:

i'll say again is this some of Sanders supporters as progressive as they may be are racially tone deaf and it was important that that instead of talking down to black people telling us he is the best chance we have to anyone paying attention to us (which if you think about it is part of the reason he was interrupted in the first place because they felt he would respond in a positive way which he did). He listened and updated his website with a criminal/racial justice reform plan which he didn't have before that incident and began to vocalize it in following rallies in front of these again progressive yet racially tone deaf crowds and i'm glad he did.

In short people may not have liked how those black lives matters women went at Sanders and how other black people questioned him on race issues but it got results, he listened and responded on those issues which is important because if I remember correctly it was you Rusty that said something in the Sanders thread along the lines of he is running for president now and back in the day he wasn't and thats why its important to reiterate his stance on racial issues.

Repped brah

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-meet-putin-russian-leaders-request-u-official-144830217.html

Putin saw how this administration negotiated the Iran deal. Wonder if he thinks he can bend them over on Syria. Netanyahu also met with Putin recently. Putin trying to expand his influence.

They got a pretty solid deal with Iran.. Unless anyone out there thinks you get everything you want with zero concessions on a world stage.

Putin won't get much out of Netanyahu influence wise. Bibi can't align himself with Putin in any significant way because if things were to ever get out of hand, he would have dug a hole he couldn't get his country out of.

Israel bosses the US around because one party wants them to, and the other party would end up a political loser to call it out. But make no mistake, Israel only stands because of US influence.

Last edited:
How funny... back in 08 when Hillary was campaigning against Obama, it was the white privilege Clinton campaign making racial undertones and code words... and now in 2015? :lol: :smh:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/24/black-congressman-denounces-b-clintons-remarks/

People like myself and several others whom actually worked for the Obama campaign back then will never forget that.

The former president had been asked whether his remarks comparing Obama’s strong showing in South Carolina to that of Jesse Jackson in 1988 had been a mistake given their impact on his wife Hillary Clinton’s campaign. “No, I think that they played the race card on me,” said Clinton, “and we now know from memos from the campaign and everything that they planned to do it all along.”

--------

Uhhh? I don't think any of that is going on brah

-Crime justice reform is an important issue. O'Malley and Clinton (without her hand being force, and I believe it was the on the first policy proposals she present) had already put out the formal position on the matter before BLM ran up on stage with him.

Bernie was caught lackin and he rightfully paid a price for that.

-Even though I have made the same argument that "black folk would flourish most under Bernie" the question still remains if they will be allowed to flourishing as much as white folk. During the post war era when the middle class was thriving, black were still being oppression. During the boom of the 1990s, blacks were also being thrown in jail at high rates. The housing bubble pops and in the mess we find out banks were targeting minorities with bad loans.

Black people, any black person, has every right to demand Sanders guarantee that helping the black community will go hand in hand with all this "flourishing" at he is promising.

Telling blacks to keep quiet about it, or be more polite about a matter that is literally a life and death situation is crazy insulting. But somehow a good number of Bernie Sanders supporters can't see that.

-I mean look at the response Bernie has had to the situation compared to some of his supporters. He has been 1000000x more mature about it, he realized it need to be addressed, he had made steps to do so.

Many of his supporters think talking down to or getting mad at the black community is somehow going to help their cause :smh:

I have a lot of friends that a Sanders supporters and that are white. It baffles me sometimes when I say "Tell me why Bernie should get the black vote and don't bring up Clinton, civil rights, or marching with MLK".

Some can't do that, some of him act like their brain is going to short circuit, and the ones who can still hit me with the :\ when you bring up black not being able to participate equally in times of economic growth.

You might've misinterpreted me bro, I agree that it does need to be addressed, I just have an issue w/ the people who take it upon themselves to address it and how they address it. The government or the president isn't going to give us economic dependence. These SuperPACs put money up to get things they want and it works, but these "Awoken" people come at people in a manner that's almost like aggressive begging w/ no money in tow to persuade.

No matter who is president, if we don't get our house in order, we're bound to fail and some of these people don't see that. We had a Black president for the last seven years and it didn't help the brotha man forreal.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-meet-putin-russian-leaders-request-u-official-144830217.html

Putin saw how this administration negotiated the Iran deal. Wonder if he thinks he can bend them over on Syria. Netanyahu also met with Putin recently. Putin trying to expand his influence.

I think Putin wants some relief from Western sanctions. The sanctions, plus the low price of oil, plus the fact that Russia's dealings with China haven't worked out due to the struggles in China's economy, I wouldn't be surprised if dollars were on the forefront of his conversation.

Back
Top Bottom