OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Well deserved, PK.

I don't like the PK and Karlsson argument against Big Z. Those two players don't fit Boston or Julien's MO. Chara is a perfect fit and leader for the Bruins. Strong and stout defensively. And let's not act like his slap shot isn't a huge and fearsome weapon on the PP. Anemic as it's been.

Al MacInnis is criminally underrated by the average hockey fan. #2 lined up with Pronger was a nightmare in St. Louis for opposing forwards.

Krug is our poor man's version (unseasoned as he may be) of PK and Karlsson. Skates well, gains the zone with ease, and puck handles well for a young D-man.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Champ coming through with the knowledge.

Well deserved, PK.

I don't like the PK and Karlsson argument against Big Z. Those two players don't fit Boston or Julien's MO. Chara is a perfect fit and leader for the Bruins. Strong and stout defensively. And let's not act like his slap shot isn't a huge and fearsome weapon on the PP. Anemic as it's been.

Al MacInnis is criminally underrated by the average hockey fan. #2 lined up with Pronger was a nightmare in St. Louis for opposing forwards.

Krug is our poor man's version (unseasoned as he may be) of PK and Karlsson. Skates well, gains the zone with ease, and puck handles well for a young D-man.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Champ coming through with the knowledge.

Champ...interesting point there. Will CJ dummy down Krug's game next year? The knock on CJ has always been to take these defenseman who can move the puck and erase that part of their game a bit. I don't see it happening with Krug to be honest as he's made such a splash. But you never know, I would hate to see him lock down Krug. Same with Bartkowski. I love when dudes are just like, "eff this D to D passing, I'm skating this thing on the eff outta here."

That's what I'm afraid of. I believe Julien's allowing Krug and Bartkowski (to a lesser extent, earlier in the playoffs) to ride the hot wave. He essentially had no choice with Seidenberg, Ference, and Redden shelved.

The next regular season we could see Julien dial down Krug's offense to focus on defensive responsibility. Especially if we somehow lose the SCF. There are times I see Krug pinch up and join the rush, leaving the potential of an odd man rush for the opponent. We're lucky to have two-way players like Bergy that fill the space and back-check rigorously.

Can't wait for Wednesday, fellas.

That's what I'm afraid of. I believe Julien's allowing Krug and Bartkowski (to a lesser extent, earlier in the playoffs) to ride the hot wave. He essentially had no choice with Seidenberg, Ference, and Redden shelved.

The next regular season we could see Julien dial down Krug's offense to focus on defensive responsibility. Especially if we somehow lose the SCF. There are times I see Krug pinch up and join the rush, leaving the potential of an odd man rush for the opponent. We're lucky to have two-way players like Bergy that fill the space and back-check rigorously.

Can't wait for Wednesday, fellas.

True. I've seen Krug a few times pinch into the zone to keep the play alive when he should've just backskated, play some defense and then get back into offense. Luckily, he's fast enough and skates well enough to cover his behind.

I would hope that CJ would not make focus on defense more than offense. I know in the system it's defense first but the kid is an offensive blueliner and we need those guys. You know how many times I've heard from the Bruins that we need a "puck-moving defenseman"? TOO MANY TIMES! Dennis Wideman was that guy and I don't want Krug's development to be stunted to Dennis Wideman status. I hate DENNIS WIDEMAN!

The Bruins finally got themselves a puck-moving rearguard so I hope they do not mess this good thing up.

Last edited:
I was literally one of the three people in Boston that actually like Wideman...BUT...only when paired with Chara or anyone not named Matt Hunwick. In that post season FAIL that we won't get too much into, CJ threw him out there REPEATEDLY with Matt Hunwick, and they STRUGGLED. But I otherwise liked his game and he complemented our other stay at home defensemen real nicely. I want to say that he led the team in assists that playoff run or maybe the year before. But yeah...he was like most hated man in Boston :lol:

I still blame Hunwick (who by the way put the nail in the coffin for Marc Savard's career, even though it was inadvertent).

I have the Bruins in 7...Rask and Crawford best players on their respective teams. I see a really low scoring series

Chicago was the best team all year, no reason for that to change. I have them in 6, but with Rask playing so well nothing would surprise me

I can only remember one fight Lucic lost...IMO, he's one of the best fighters in the league. Bickell has zero chance against him if they squared up.

Back
Top Bottom