OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Lucic over Bickell.

I'm glad there's some hockey to look forward to tonight! 
pimp.gif

Can't wait for tonight.

Boston fans: Where you headed?

buffalo wild wings 5 minutes from my place. got a small contingent of bruins fans, and the head bartender is a bruins fans. free shots after goals and wins. the bar manager happens to be die hard chicago though :lol:

:lol: it's bad news on these weeknights, man. but yeah it's pretty good just paying for beers ($3 tall domestics, at that).

I have never messed with hockey like that at all. Im on the bandwagon tip this year though and have been watching every game of this cup run. Been lurking this thread heavy but didnt want to post and be so obvious with my fair weather fandom :lol: *shrugs* For real though playoff hockey is fast paced, super gritty, and wild unpredictable. Sort of night and day when compared to the NBA playoffs :lol:

I'll be at Yardhouse tonight as well, but the one located at Legacy Place in Dedham as my new spot is right around the corner.

Good luck to the B's and all the dedicated fans of both teams .

:smokin

pretty jacked for tonight. exciting matchup, especially with no prior east v west play this season. very interested to see how both teams come out. i could see both teams playing slow to start to get an idea of what the other is bringing. film and video is great and all, but on ice and in the present is a different story.

welcome aboard, nooera :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
Me and NooEra are both new, I've become a hockey fan ever since the beginning of the playoffs when I put $400 down on the Blackhawks to win 2 grand. If they win I might just become a full-blown bandwagon fan. :lol: Not ashamed.

Can anyone see my point of view on this... the East hasn't played the West all season? The Blackhawks just stomped all over the West for a giant part of the year, especially the beginning when they hadn't figured out how to beat them or devised an effective gameplan... and then they SORT OF started catching up, but not completely obviously.

Will the Bruins experience what most of the West teams did early on? First time you play them, not accustomed, and by the time you figure them out you're already down in the series. The West teams in the playoffs benefited from playing them in the regular season and sort of getting in that "get to know you" time then.

That's just a theory, I know the Bruins have the ability to make this extremely competitive.

Back
Top Bottom