OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

My dream is dead

At least it is a loss you can be proud of. Good for the league as well. I just can't quite comprehend how things got so bad so quick

Amazing game.

Kills me how the Bruins are first to scream, "Diving!", but will resort to it at the drop of a hat. Lucic going down like he was Vulcan Nerve Pinched. :lol: Chara falling like lumber after getting hit on the blade of his skate. Marchand gunna Marchand.

That said, no one is beating them. It cuts me up inside to admit this, but they are playing better, and more importantly, consistently, then any other team in these playoffs. The more I hate them, the better they become. Its like the damn Marshmellow Man in Ghostbusters.

Tried to give my Pens friends some encouragement with the Flyers in 2010...down 3-0 and losing 3-0 in game 4 to the B's but >D not gonna happen again

An Elite Eight loss now a Conference Finals loss. I can't take it, this was supposed to be the dream year. It's a nightmare :smh:

I think Pittsburgh wins game 4. No way its this easy for Boston. Where was this effort at in games 1 and 2 though.

Kills me how the Bruins are first to scream, "Diving!", but will resort to it at the drop of a hat. Lucic going down like he was Vulcan Nerve Pinched. :lol: Chara falling like lumber after getting hit on the blade of his skate. Marchand gunna Marchand.

that's beyond off point. that holds no weight considering we're the team with the least powerplays in the league. there is no way you can consider us a diving team. especially not while playing a team like pittsburgh.

marchand is a pain in the *** and outside of one or two instances in the last THREE years, he is far from a diver. he's an instigator and a rat, but diving? not.even.close.

I know it must sound salty coming from me, and maybe I look for it too closely, it's there and you are kidding yourself if you dont think so. It very well could be the least number of occurences in the league, but it's there and I'm tired of hearing Pittsburgh or Toronto being the only teams using it from Boston media.

But its trivial; its not what is winning the games for them. Its dudes like this Campbell kid who apparently broke his leg and played on it for a minute killing a penalty.

That's old-time hockey. :pimp:

Last edited:
you may be right in seeing us doing it...but we're not getting calls for it, and i think that's the difference. and i think very few people would accuse a lucic or chara of diving. i've heard people say marchand embellishes time to time...but i don't think it's nearly as blatant as other teams.

is that the word on campbell...broken leg? FUUUUUUUUU....he's huge for us. HUGE on the PK and in the dot.

Ugh I'm late for work, a bit hungover, super tired and the Pens are still down 3-0. Freaking playoff hockey :lol:

Ugh I'm late for work, a bit hungover, super tired and the Pens are still down 3-0. Freaking playoff hockey :lol:

r-kelly-o.gif

*all jokes aside, will Bylsma be let go this off-season? If so, he'd be a good hire for the Rangers.

I'd say 50/50. I've been super disappointed in Jarome, would rather have Jagr out there.

I'd say 50/50. I've been super disappointed in Jarome, would rather have Jagr out there.
I was sooo hoping that Jerome would get that diving goal last night... Sucks enough that dude wasted away in Calgary and is so close now but after last night is sooo far away.

For as good as Jarome is, he doesn't open the ice up as much as Jagr.

Also, don't the Pens have some major decisions to make regarding their roster/salaries? Not sure how they'll be able to afford both Letang and Malkin. No matter, Geno will look good in a Caps sweater after next season :lol:

was a matter of time before campbell or boychuk went down on a shot block |I

the dog-man or the yeti will probably suit up on the "third" line, with captain high glass peverley moving down to center the fourth line. that wont be pretty :lol:

Mad respect to Campbell. Can't show enough appreciation for his work with Thornton and Paille.

DSA: That one stretch Johnny laid out to block shots twice on opposite sides of Rask. Plus he's seeing the ice and shooting the puck well.

Kings tonight, 3-1. D. Brown, Carter, J. Williams. Kaner for Chicago.

Damn saw that news about Campbell earlier today, I knew he was hurting but I thought it was just a really bad bone bruise or something..mad respect :smokin

yeah, Champ. Johnny has these stretches where he turns into whipping boy and gets straight abused with blocked shots :lol:

i like the kings tonight to even it up. get a boost with keith out for CHI and playing at home. hoping for OT :pimp:

ESF...meant to mention it last night. there is this red head canucks fan at the bar i go to out here...need to start calling him ESF :lol:

:lol: If he's drinking dark rum and coke, and gradually becomes so obnoxious you want to hit him as he gets drunker, then there is no reason for me to attend the NHL Thread summit. He is me. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom