Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Totally appreciate your perspective here. Gives me plenty to consider...Never realized that the '01's were so far off from replicating anything about the OG. I kind of thought they were the benchmark of AJI elements, outside of the shape. I feel you on materials....However, I think that I'm gonna end up going for a pair of 01's. Cause you're right....Truly a release of the golden era of retro's.The face-box, Jumpman "keychain" extra....I think the '01 means more to me. Now having so many of the Re-mastered versions...I kind of feel like the '16's aren't really a bred, but more of a Bred overlay. Haha!...if that makes sense. So much of the same color blocking in such a short time period....I feel like I need an older version to feel like I got the shoe I want.

Undoubtedly the red on ‘01s is the best. Cmf wise it was really close to the ‘94. I’ve always wanted the ‘01, you really can’t go wrong with those. I feel like that specific retro with some dark denim is a combo breaker.

Which swoosh was closest to the OG? I can’t stand the non-OG swoosh used on modern OG 1s. It’s annoying as hell they corrected it on the OG lows.

Ironically, when they eventually fix this on future OG 1s, it pretty much guarantees we will buy our pairs again (which is exactly what they want).

Man I’d say the recent OG lows and the union retros were the closest, but still not there. The thing about the OG swoosh, it started off thin and flowed into a big belly swoosh. I’m not sure how these dudes are not capturing that in their design process They’re just not looking at these minute details that capture that ‘85 look.

Undoubtedly the red on ‘01s is the best. Cmf wise it was really close to the ‘94. I’ve always wanted the ‘01, you really can’t go wrong with those. I feel like that specific retro with some dark denim is a combo breaker.

Man I’d say the recent OG lows and the union retros were the closest, but still not there. The thing about the OG swoosh, it started off thin and flowed into a big belly swoosh. I’m not sure how these dudes are not capturing that in their design process They’re just not looking at these minute details that capture that ‘85 look.

I think they probably have production processes in place that create consistent components like the swooshes-they probably aren’t financially incentivized enough to change these. The same exact thing runs true for the Jumpman on the tooling of the 9s.

I’d be willing to bet we’ll eventually see a fixed swoosh on 20XX Remastered 2.0 Bred 1s, with a higher retail price tag, nonetheless.

Last edited:
what donor sole? Why wouldnt he be able to just edit the 2018 as is?

does the midsole get destroyed in the process of removing it? That doesnt make any sense

You would need different sizes. Let's say you want to wear a 10.5, you'd need to send an 11 and 10.5 so he can use the excess leather from the 11 to shape into the OG shape and put on the 10.5 sole. The midsole doesn't get destroyed while removing. He does some other stuff too that I'm forgetting. It's expensive and he even acknowledges it when you reach out to him and warns you ahead of time. But for the amount of work he does and how well done it looks, I don't blame him. Def too rich for my blood right now. But maybe one day haha.

My customs today.
FF9DB58B-034D-41CF-9D60-C67C09AB2314.jpeg

Yea but it’s nothing new they’ve been doing this from day 1. And JB won’t do anything because one of the owners is Jordan’s Brother-in-law

I think they probably have production processes in place that create consistent components like the swooshes-they probably aren’t financially incentivized enough to change these. The same exact thing runs true for the Jumpman on the tooling of the 9s.

I’d be willing to be we’ll eventually see a fixed swoosh on 20XX Remastered 2.0 Bred 1s, which a higher retail price tag, nonetheless.

Right I’m willing to take the 160 price tag for what we get today lol

I’m starting to favor Chi’s over Breds now

I own Breds, but even selling those wont cover much of the Chi price

What to do what to do

Yo what’s the deal with these sneakers I’m trying to figure out if they’ coming out and some spots got them early. I called House of Hoops they’re saying Saturday but I don’t see them on the calendar. I want them this weekend but if they’re not coming out Saturday I’ll just scoop from online.

Attachments

• A9D36455-70AB-4955-9042-885C3F5A9A95.png
    A9D36455-70AB-4955-9042-885C3F5A9A95.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 36
sloanboy sloanboy Check Finishline, Shoe Palace, and other places. I don’t think those stores have specified drop dates and are just releasing the mids whenever they get them in.

I’m starting to favor Chi’s over Breds now

I own Breds, but even selling those wont cover much of the Chi price

What to do what to do

I would personally hold out for the Chis, IMO. Resell prices are pretty rediculous and I’m sure they will eventually retro in the next 2-3 years in higher quantities like the Royals and Shadows.

I think posts regarding mids need to be removed from the thread tbh. It’s like the people who ask about them can’t read the damn title of the thread.

Nobody posts about OG lows on here, no idea why we get so many posts regarding mids.

I’m aware that this a “high” thread but why start an entirely new thread for such a simple question that I knew could easily get answered in here. So get out your feelings and continue on with your day. the both of y’all who’s day has been disrupted by an online post.

Back
Top Bottom