• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
0AAC1CB1-C38A-4E2A-BDB7-540FEBE17830.jpeg

Lmao JB gotta be on a full Mid rollout

Look at this nasty email FTA sent me
I cant lie. Some of these mids would be dope as an OG high. Mids are not that bad but I cant stand the tongue and the jumpman tongue tag.

• Community input request: 2001 Bred I's vs 2016 Bred I's. I mean....2001's win, hands down, right?! 2016 are nice as a remaster....But the remaster is just tryin to be of the same stature as the 2001, no?
Also...2001's are still wearable, correct? Someone chime in that has 2001's, please. I'm nearing my purchase date on a pair of 01's....just want some perspective of others. Thanks team! (Yes, I'm at work....It is affecting my verbiage and writing structure :lol:)

2016 shape-wise look more like the ‘94. The ‘85 shape has never been replicated based on all the renditions they’ve put out. The ‘01 are the farthest from the OG, the build was more of a mid with an over stuffed ankle. The nike air patch didn’t loop over the tongue, but was stitched under the tongue liner. The ‘01 were very interesting, but had many minor differences which eventually made it a different shoe overall and the oddest rendition of them all.

Comes down to preference. The most bang for your buck will probably be the ‘16, great materials, and a more respected retro overall. The ‘01 are very nice too; a shoe from the golden era of retros, but not the best material used and not a great representation of what a Jordan 1 is.

Got the last size 10 in my area. Sucks I usually wear a 9.5 but very hard to attain in my area especially if I'm not on top of my ****. I have the banneds in a 10, but super roomt. I'll just have to buckle these tight....
IMG_7981.jpg
IMG_7980.jpg
IMG_7979.jpg
IMG_7978.jpg

NT need your opinion tho! So I got these initially to customize. But the crimson collar is kinda growing on me since it's a unique twist. I was going to customize them into these. Should I do it? Inspiration is an OG colorway.
IMG_7931.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-High-OG-Neutral-Grey-Hyper-Crimson-555088-019-Release-Date-1-1200x1200.jpg
so much better.

The link to your customizer was posted earlier. Didn't know someone from here picked those up.

Very dope. The Satin twist really sets those off. Great concept man.

Yea I just posted the pics here didn’t see it floating around
Wish they would release must have in my books.

Turbo Greens, Crimson Tint, the Not Not for Resale pair and SBB 3.0s

I think all 3 patent wmns releases are dope too, obviously bigger sizes are gonna be tough

If you ask me not a bad year and it’s only January we’re still gonna get hit with some surprises
what are the 3 patent releases? I only know of 2

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG WMNS
Color: Obsidian/Blue Chill-White
Style Code: CD0461-401
Release Date: February 14, 2019
Price: $160

UPDATE:
Nike releases official photos of the “Blue Chill” Air Jordan 1 that will be releasing in women’s sizing 5-12 on February 2nd globally and February 14th in North America.

Air-Jordan-1-Blue-Chill-Womens-CD0461-401-Release-Date-4.jpg
Air-Jordan-1-Blue-Chill-Womens-CD0461-401-Release-Date.jpg
Air-Jordan-1-Blue-Chill-Womens-CD0461-401-Release-Date-2.jpg
Air-Jordan-1-Blue-Chill-Womens-CD0461-401-Release-Date-3.jpg
Air-Jordan-1-Blue-Chill-Womens-CD0461-401-Release-Date-5.jpg
Air-Jordan-1-Blue-Chill-Womens-CD0461-401-Release-Date-1.jpg

Whoa, didn't realize the lettering on the crimsons were embossed.

They're not really. It's rubber or vinyl, but it's applied to the REALLY well. It's pretty much impossible to remove without ripping up the top coat of the leather. The shoe polish definitely makes it look that way though.

2016 shape-wise look more like the ‘94. The ‘85 shape has never been replicated based on all the renditions they’ve put out. The ‘01 are the farthest from the OG, the build was more of a mid with an over stuffed ankle. The nike air patch didn’t loop over the tongue, but was stitched under the tongue liner. The ‘01 were very interesting, but had many minor differences which eventually made it a different shoe overall and the oddest rendition of them all.

Comes down to preference. The most bang for your buck will probably be the ‘16, great materials, and a more respected retro overall. The ‘01 are very nice too; a shoe from the golden era of retros, but not the best material used and not a great representation of what a Jordan 1 is.

Which swoosh was closest to the OG? I can’t stand the non-OG swoosh used on modern OG 1s. It’s annoying as hell they corrected it on the OG lows.

Ironically, when they eventually fix this on future OG 1s, it pretty much guarantees we will buy our pairs again (which is exactly what they want).

Totally appreciate your perspective here. Gives me plenty to consider...Never realized that the '01's were so far off from replicating anything about the OG. I kind of thought they were the benchmark of AJI elements, outside of the shape. I feel you on materials....However, I think that I'm gonna end up going for a pair of 01's. Cause you're right....Truly a release of the golden era of retro's.The face-box, Jumpman "keychain" extra....I think the '01 means more to me. Now having so many of the Re-mastered versions...I kind of feel like the '16's aren't really a bred, but more of a Bred overlay. Haha!...if that makes sense. So much of the same color blocking in such a short time period....I feel like I need an older version to feel like I got the shoe I want.

Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise about the 2001. I have the ‘94, ‘01, ‘13 and ‘16 (used to have 85 but sold it). I still love the thick padded heel and the vibrant red color on it. The ‘16 red is really dull and one of my least favorite reds of the bunch (quality and construction was amazing though).

Back
Top Bottom