OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One more comment on the above: That's not to say north eastern and west coast schools don't have their own come to jesus moments waiting on the horizon.

UCLA and Cal for instance have a LONG history of racist college admissions practices (at some point 85% of the black males enrolled at UCLA were athletes), and Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, NJ, and Upstate New York have their own histories with racism to contend with.

But it's not baked into the history and identity of the individual schools and towns the way it is in places like Tuscaloosa, Oxford, and Clemson.
Yea all these schools got some wild, terrible **** wit em...But certain ones and their fans seems to celebrate and embrace their racism and F'd up histories, even in 2020...Mainly the SEC and BIG 12 schools, it tracks with their locations

Plenty of time for this to end up falling through

Screenshot_20200618-140059_Sports.jpg

Wonder who will be bamas coach? I wouldn’t think Saban will still be there, he’d be like 75?

upcoming Power 5 Series

2020 – at Oregon

2021 – Oregon

2022 – Notre Dame

2023 – at Notre Dame

2024 – at Washington

2025 – at Texas

2025 – Washington

2026 – Texas

2027 – Alabama

2028 – at Alabama

2030 – at Georgia

2031 – Georgia

Rumor going around that Bethune Cookman is having an emergency meeting on leaving the MEAC for the SWAC. My fingers are crossed for this move

The commissioner of the SEC is pulling rank on the entire state of Mississippi. This is a world-class flex. SEC football is so important to Mississippi that I think they'll give in. What's more important to Mississippians: racism or football?

Last edited:
The commissioner of the SEC is pulling rank on the entire state of Mississippi. This is a world-class flex. SEC football is so important to Mississippi that I think they'll give in. What's more important to Mississippians: racism or football?

iTs OuR hErItAgE is what they’ll say.
This kinda reminds me of Illinois having to get rid of the chief or they wouldn’t be allowed to host any NCAA events

:lol: Chip... It's probably not that outwardly disrespectful from the players, but man. Rough time.

African American babies were used as alligator bait, according to the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia at Ferris State University, citing newspaper articles and imagery from the late 1800s and early 20th century. The term "alligator bait" was also used as a racial slur against African Americans.

Lawrence Wright, who popularized the phrase, "If you ain't a Gator, ya Gator bait, baby," after saying it following a win over Florida State in 1995, told The Gainesville Sun he was upset with the decision to remove the cheer and wants to talk to Fuchs.

"I'm not going for it," the former safety told the Sun. "I created something for us. It's a college football thing. It's not a racist thing, It's about us, the Gator Nation. And I'm black. What about our history as the Gator Nation? We took a program from the top five to No. 1 in the country. I think I've done enough, put in the sweat and tears, to get to offer my opinion about something like this."

1592512417279.png
giphy (40).gif

Back
Top Bottom