OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Texas LB Juwan Mitchell says he 'doesn't feel comfortable' representing Longhorns

The junior from Newark, New Jersey, released a statement on his Twitter account Wednesday night stating that he no longer feels as if representing Texas matches his ideals.

"When I look in the mirror in the morning, I want to tell myself I did the right thing. That should be everyone's mindsets. It's not about blacks vs. whites, or cops (vs.) blacks. It's about doing what's right! With that being said, I do not feel comfortable representing the University of Texas."

The 6-foot-1, 245-pounder elaborated on his perception of the program.

"We put our blood, sweat and tears in every day so the city of Austin can enjoy their Saturday's," he wrote. "For once, we decide to voice our opinions about things that can help better the community. It seems they only have our front but not our backs. People who want to create change don't care how much money can be lost, don't care about who hates them or any bad outcomes that may happen. The only thing on your mind should be equality."

----

He has some pretty questionable **** in his history too, but RIGHT NOW is the opportunity for coaches like Greg Schiano, Dino Babers, and more likely James Franklin to throw up that fence around the northeastern states. Imagine if kids from NY, NJ, PA, CT stopped feeling it was in their best interests to go down south for school? Whooooo.

Not gonna lie, I've been waiting for this reckoning on Jim Crow schools for years. I'm shocked this social upheaval is actually working.
Brothers need to start going to HBCUs

A&M and UGA both had bursts of momentum before this past Spring.

A&M dropped off hard when Linguist got the Cowboys gig then COVID hit and they can’t get him on campus.

Everyone’s gotta hope at this point he doesn’t just decide to enroll in August.

With a lot of these southern states run by idiots that refuse to take COVID-19 serious I'm not sure how sports resume.

I thought he was going to UGA all the way until recently. COVID has made it impossible to get him on campus. If he commits to UNC, this is a huge win but even if he commits there I think this is a battle that's going to continue into the fall once official visits open up.
how recently? Writing been on the wall for UNC for a bit now

how recently? Writing been on the wall for UNC for a bit now
Has been since Spring IMO...

A&M and UGA both trailed off hard after the season ended for different reasons.

Since he hasn’t taken official visits, he can technically blue shirt and enroll now and count towards ‘21. I thought I remember seeing he has all his credits already too.

Wow really? So why is he class of ‘21 in the first place
Think he just fast tracked with summer school to give himself options in case high school football wasn’t going to be played in the fall.

Sounds like he’s planning to stay in high school as of now, though.

I thought he was going to UGA all the way until recently. COVID has made it impossible to get him on campus. If he commits to UNC, this is a huge win but even if he commits there I think this is a battle that's going to continue into the fall once official visits open up.

If*

Other than Kamar Wilcoxon flipping for the 10th time, who do y’all see that are currently committed that won’t stick in your opinion? (Sorry, I’m bored)

Other than Kamar Wilcoxon flipping for the 10th time, who do y’all see that are currently committed that won’t stick in your opinion? (Sorry, I’m bored)
Do all these UNC kids stick regardless of the type of season they have?

Depends. Were they paid in cash and are the leases pre-paid-off?

we got NIL now so the checks may not even be cashable til 2021.
Trust me, if it's a bags issue then UNC will not win. Georgia, Bama, etc. will outbid UNC. Honestly, I just think he likes the direction of the program and it's the in-state school.
UNC was the trigger to my question. I think what Mac and co has done is beyond impressive. I just think once the Bamas, UGAs, and Clemsons of the world start turning up the heat, some are going to bounce.
A lot of these kids are going to bounce once/if official visits are allowed. 247 Sports has already done a lot of reporting about the number of kids who have committed this early in the cycle (close to double the amount at the same time last year). Covid has thrown everything in flux and kids are just sitting on offers until a better one arises. I think a lot of Tennessee's class is going to implode as well

Trust me, if it's a bags issue then UNC will not win. Georgia, Bama, etc. will outbid UNC. Honestly, I just think he likes the direction of the program and it's the in-state school.

UNC has a wealthier alumni base than UGA and Bama. The question is whether you can motivate them to open their wallets for football and not just basketball. Mack has done that before and it looks like he's selling them on it again.

A UNC that is exciting in both basketball and football helps both programs. Boosters may be starting to realize that.

Back
Top Bottom