OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are they planning on doing with him? I've seen him compared to Isaiah Simmons, but idk where exactly he fits in Kirby's scheme. Just putting him at WLB seems like a waste.
I'm not exactly sure how UGA is selling him on being used, but an Isaiah Simmons type of role is probably the best way to use him. Guys who have seen him play full games have expressed some physicality concerns so I'm not sure a full-time LB is the move, either. He's going to be huge though. Probably walks in as a frosh at 6'5 225-230.

Unless the bottom falls out of the program, Harbaugh isn't getting fired this year. If they go 9-3 and lose to Ohio State again, I can see the seat getting hot though.

I mean hes basically getting everything done minus beating OSU so it’s an odd situation. Minus the rivalry factor it’s not like losing to OSU is a horrible thing for teams but you can’t toss out the rivalry factor lol

I mean hes basically getting everything done minus beating OSU so it’s an odd situation. Minus the rivalry factor it’s not like losing to OSU is a horrible thing for teams but you can’t toss out the rivalry factor lol

I won't say everything, he's never won the division while at Michigan.

Last edited:
OSU has been at a completely different level than everyone minus Bama and Clemson. Firing Harbaugh because of that would be idiotic.

Yep that’s why I said rivalry aside losing to OSU isn’t necessarily a horrible thing, I just wonder how thin their patience is getting in that regard.

I think he’s definitely turned them around though there’s no arguing that

Harbaugh isn't in danger and absent 6-6/7-5 won't be. A lot of journalists and insiders have been trying to tell fans (without explicitly stating it) that the UMich administration isn't exactly giving Harbaugh "championship or bust" ultimatums and are pretty satisfied with winning 10 wins every other year and being competitive.

Maybe Bobby Layne Bobby Layne can correct that narrative, but several different people have said that Michigan isn't holding him to the standard that outsiders and some of their fans think they are. Especially since they were so unhappy with Rodriguez and the end of Hoke.

Personally, I think if I was a UM guy I'd be annoyed, at the least.

Harbaugh isn't in danger and absent 6-6/7-5 won't be. A lot of journalists and insiders have been trying to tell fans (without explicitly stating it) that the UMich administration isn't exactly giving Harbaugh "championship or bust" ultimatums and are pretty satisfied with winning 10 wins every other year and being competitive.

Maybe Bobby Layne Bobby Layne can correct that narrative, but several different people have said that Michigan isn't holding him to the standard that outsiders and some of their fans think they are. Especially since they were so unhappy with Rodriguez and the end of Hoke.

The question is - would you take their last 5 seasons or USCs?

Nah, you summed it up well.

Michigan's booster culture is not that reactionary, and people forget that we lionize a coach who never won a NC, and went 2-8 in the Rose Bowl and had a 5-12 bowl record. If Les did what he did at LSU here, he'd have a statue. Michigan hasn't been a championship or bust program since guys were playing in leather helmets.

N41D N41D Do you know anything about this Houston area kid Maddox Kopp? I don't think he's a big time recruit but there's some smoke around him and Naivar with Garcia taking in attention from Miami. He's an Elite 11 kid.

N41D N41D Do you know anything about this Houston area kid Maddox Kopp? I don't think he's a big time recruit but there's some smoke around him and Naivar with Garcia taking in attention from Miami. He's an Elite 11 kid.

There was a post about him on one of the A&M boards the other day and it was the first I’d heard of him...

Small private school kids in Texas are tough - and the QB class in-state is so bonkers he was flying waaaay under the Radar.

Just saw a stat on the Elite 11 website that 12 of the last 13 QBs to win the Heisman trophy were Finalists.

I tried counting them up and I'm pretty sure Jason white wasn't an Elite 11 QB, as his class would have been 1999:

But I've been looking and I don't think Burrow was one either? Wouldn't that be 11 of the last 13, or 12 of the last 14? 2 pretty big misses too.

Side note, Looking at that 1999 Elite 11 class is wow. Every QB in it but Taylor Barton (UW) went pro and played several years in the league. Their evals have really fallen off since then.

Back
Top Bottom