OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what he said is not even bad at all. You still allowed to have a opinion aren’t u?
He's literally reposting faked images about AOC from Russian bots and tweets about Bubba Wallace lying about there being a noose and faking the incident. Also stuff about protesters and Trump not being racist. All of this right now, during THIS climate. Did you click the tweet or look at his page?

nako xl nako xl Link it. Always up for some Mike Goodson content.

It's still a slow period so I'll just copy paste each of the posts. Like I said semi interesting:

Question:
As a follow up question to the 2006 running back recruiting class, why did USC take 6 running backs in one year? All six were never going to play. That seemed excessive considering three of those running backs were five star ( Johnson, Bradford, and Gable) and USC had Washington, Dennis, and Coleman as experienced players on the team. If Michael Goodson or C.J. Spiller were to have wanted to commit would USC have taken a seventh running back?

Answer:
No, and they knew Kenny Ashley was probably not going to qualify. He committed really early in the year if I recall. Also, Allen Bradford did not start out playing running back at USC. He was actually brought in as a safety, which is where he wanted to play coming out of Colton. In fact, a little known fact is that the day they moved Bradford to running back the coaches were also going to move Taylor Mays there as well. I'm not sure if Mays decided to stay at safety or the staff decided to move Bradford first and then see how it went before moving Mays. If Goodson would have committed, Emmanuel Moody was out. Same with Spiller.

Question:
Oh wow! Did not know Taylor Mays almost moved to running back. Always thought he would have been a great linebacker with his size, but the linebacker depth was amazing. Allen Bradford was a linebacker in high school, I assume he was recruited as a safety. Would have been interesting to see Allen Bradford at safety. Antwine Perez transferred after one year. Did the coaching staff think Antwine Perez was the best safety out of the three (Perez, Bradford, and Mays)?

I recall Keiland Williams was still considering USC along with LSU after signing day since he had not signed. Was his wait related to Mike Goodson or more on the Vidal Hazelton situation?

Answer:
Perez was great on film, but when he got to campus, it was clear he wasn't the same level athlete as Bradford or Mays. The coaches didn't like Bradford at safety because he didn't have the best football IQ. They feared putting him on defense would lead to touchdowns.
Yeah, Williams was in the mix, but less so then the others until way late. Beanie (Chris) Wells told USC he was coming on his official visit. He actually called his mom when he was out with a buncha players and told her he was going to USC. That lasted for about two weeks. I didn't even talk about Lesean McCoy, who officially visited USC the same weekend as Harvin. Worst grades on transcripts Todd McNair had ever seen. Either his high school forgot to send USC all of his transcripts or they just ran out of crayon filling out the classes his took as a freshman.

Question:
ow would you rank the running back recruiting board? It seemed Michael Goodson was number one then Stafon Johnson and C.J. Gable? Crazy to think USC could have gotten several of these top players. C.J. Gable is the first and probably only true freshman to start as a running back in USC.

Answer:
Ranking them in hindsight is sorta disingenuous, but I did honestly think Stafon Johnson and CJ Spiller were the best running backs USC was recruiting. I thought CJ Gable was a better safety prospect, personally. He just didn't have the break away speed you wanted from a 200-pound running back. Goodson was intriguing because he had that really good top end speed, but that commitment to Oklahoma State raised some red flags. And truthfully, USC should have been no where near his recruiment after Goodson and Oklahoma State parted ways.

what he said is not even bad at all. You still allowed to have a opinion aren’t u?

You're missing the point. If I had to guess, the vast majority of college football coaches are hardcore Republicans (alot of these guys are rich white men from the deep South, what do you expect?). The difference between the successful guys who get and keep big time head coaching jobs and the guys who don't is that the successful guys know when to keep their mouth shut on certain topics.

running a major college football program is more than X's and O's, you need to be the face of the program and popping off on Twitter and posting conspiracy theory, highly partisan memes isn't a good way to represent the program. This is why guys like Jack del Rio, Lane Kiffin and Mike Leach have a ceiling that they can't break through.

Is it really that hard just to shut up and keep quiet on Twitter? You don't see any elite coaches constantly tweeting at all, much less right-wing Trump supporter stuff.

Last edited:
:lol: at Mays stiff self playing RB.

Shady was going to Miami if not for the grades. Then Shannon ****** that up after his prep year.

:lol: at Mays stiff self playing RB.

Shady was going to Miami if not for the grades. Then Shannon ****ed that up after his prep year.
Yeah I've heard the Shady stuff before. I think SC felt Carroll could have had Harvin or McCoy had they really wanted him. They liked McCoy as a player but his transcript was a disaster.

I know Harvin was seen as an SC lean when he went on his visit and Reggie was his host and blew him off/left him sitting in the hotel that night to go have dinner with Lloyd Lake and his family. Harvin had a terrible visit and later someone gave that information to the NCAA.

N41D N41D There was some stuff too about Goodson committing to USC on an unofficial, then on his way home telling them he was going to stop by and see Oklahoma which everyone thought was a threat, but then he secretly took an unofficial to Oklahoma State and committed on sight which shocked SC TAMU and OU.

He then visited OK. St in the fall and got sent home from his visit the Friday night he got there and OSU rescinded his scholarship offer. Insiders claimed that both sides were making accusations of blackmail and threats. The rest of this you probably know:

Goodson then visits the other schools and says he's going to commit at the Army AA game, and both SC and TAMU thought they had him locked, but then at the game instead announced he was going to delay his decision. A week later TAMU hired his HS coach as an administrative assistant and he committed to A&M.

SC guy said during Goodson's visit he spoke to the parent of another player who told him that on the visit Goodson's dad, Mike Goodson Sr., told him Goodson was committing to SC 100% no question and then tried to sell him some property in North Carolina. The parent later said I don't know if I can trust that guy, he tried to convince me that his son was coming to SC and I should go in on this property and then they turn around and commit to A&M.

Sadly, but possibly related, Mike Goodson Sr. got arrested and convicted for mortgage fraud a year later.

JJ McCarthy is a Illinois kid who is only playing his HS ball down there this year because of covid. Are the other IMG kids actually from FL?

FL is the most fertile and contested state historically for recruits. It's not crazy at all. Just another roundabout slurpage for GA.

FL is the most fertile and contested state historically for recruits. It's not crazy at all. Just another roundabout slurpage for GA.
Dude celebrating recruiting predictions in June with kids from Florida. :lol: :lol: Must be new to this game.

JJ McCarthy is a Illinois kid who is only playing his HS ball down there this year because of covid. Are the other IMG kids actually from FL?
No lol. Latham and the Nigerian kid are both OOS. I really don't know why 247 hasn't addressed that quirk.

Dude celebrating recruiting predictions in June with kids from Florida. :lol: :lol: Must be new to this game.

No lol. Latham and the Nigerian kid are both OOS. I really don't know why 247 hasn't addressed that quirk.

It's not really a quirk that they need to address. IMG is a high school in Florida and the students there are Floridian high School students. It gets muddy when you start to say "technically, he's from another state and only moved to Florida to play at IMG", You can do that with a lot of players nationally. Are you going to base it on where they grew up? where they claim? It does skew the numbers but schools in Florida still have a geographic advantage when recruiting at IMG

Looks like what happens in Texas annually right now.

It's not nearly as bad in Texas as it is in Florida though. In 2020, seven of the top 10 players in Texas went to in-state schools and in 2019 five out of the top 10 players went to in-state schools.

It does skew the numbers but schools in Florida still have a geographic advantage when recruiting at IMG
These kids are largely coming to Florida for one or two years tops. The geographic advantage argument is BS. It would be like expecting all of the kids who go to prep schools to end up at UCONN because they're up there. It doesn't make sense.

Regardless, a lot will change between now and December/February with actual kids from Florida. Florida has 52 kids ranked 4 stars or above right now. There's no way that Miami, UF, and FSU are keeping them all at home this year. Plus, FSU and Miami haven't been good. What are you selling when top programs are coming down here to recruit these kids when you hardly were bowl eligible in a weak *** conference. It's really not some deep dive convo like you're positing. UF recruiting staff is weak, and Miami/FSU aren't winning.

And just like that Bethune Cookman is coming to the SWAC. Doesn’t make sense for them financially but I knew they wouldn’t want to be away from FAMU.
The SWAC now has the 3 biggest HBCU classics under their roof. 1. Bayou Classic 2. Magic City Classic and now 3. Florida Classic.
13934EF5-2F9E-4A42-99DE-A0DFB6D27668.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom