OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You a nasty *****, nako

The alliteration proves that
tenor.gif

———

School me on Clinton Burton jr Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis dacomeup dacomeup

I don’t think MVP MVP follows recruiting

Last edited:
A&M is immediately implementing a task force to review/make recommendations on all statues, building names and monuments... Starting with and expediting a decision on the Sul Ross statue at the center of all this.

Comprised of current/former students, faculty and staff, and subject matter experts as needed.

Good for Mond getting this thing moving.

Texas announced 13 positive tests among football players.

Another 10 are quarantined based off contact-tracing.

4 more tested positive for the antibodies.

WOW and I mean WOW. I had no idea. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Good heavens is there anything left in college sports that isn't seeping with a disgusting racial past?
Unfortunately, most fans don't know the history. It's crazy stuff. Many sports traditions in the South are based on racism. They're just so used and its such a part of the culture down there that they don't even notice it anymore
https://theundefeated.com/features/the-gut-wrenching-history-of-black-babies-and-alligators/

African American babies were used as alligator bait, according to the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia at Ferris State University, citing newspaper articles and imagery from the late 1800s and early 20th century. The term "alligator bait" was also used as a racial slur against African Americans.

Lawrence Wright, who popularized the phrase, "If you ain't a Gator, ya Gator bait, baby," after saying it following a win over Florida State in 1995, told The Gainesville Sun he was upset with the decision to remove the cheer and wants to talk to Fuchs.

"I'm not going for it," the former safety told the Sun. "I created something for us. It's a college football thing. It's not a racist thing, It's about us, the Gator Nation. And I'm black. What about our history as the Gator Nation? We took a program from the top five to No. 1 in the country. I think I've done enough, put in the sweat and tears, to get to offer my opinion about something like this."

1592512417279.png

Gundy didn't know that the shirt he was wearing was a right wing propaganda station that said black lives matter is a terrorist organization? is dumb or just naive? wait he answered that himself.

******* idiot.

This was the most telling thing to me. Mike Gundy literally thinks that OAN is "just telling the news with no commentary? Literally all of it is commentary and opinion. At least when liberals watch MSNBC and read the Huffington Post, they know and accept that they're consuming left-leaning content. It scares me that people watch OAN and genuinely believe that its objective and fact-driven. Conservatives are really out here thinking that Breitbart, Daily Caller and OAN are legit, objective news sources.

Texas LB Juwan Mitchell says he 'doesn't feel comfortable' representing Longhorns

The junior from Newark, New Jersey, released a statement on his Twitter account Wednesday night stating that he no longer feels as if representing Texas matches his ideals.

"When I look in the mirror in the morning, I want to tell myself I did the right thing. That should be everyone's mindsets. It's not about blacks vs. whites, or cops (vs.) blacks. It's about doing what's right! With that being said, I do not feel comfortable representing the University of Texas."

The 6-foot-1, 245-pounder elaborated on his perception of the program.

"We put our blood, sweat and tears in every day so the city of Austin can enjoy their Saturday's," he wrote. "For once, we decide to voice our opinions about things that can help better the community. It seems they only have our front but not our backs. People who want to create change don't care how much money can be lost, don't care about who hates them or any bad outcomes that may happen. The only thing on your mind should be equality."

----

He has some pretty questionable **** in his history too, but RIGHT NOW is the opportunity for coaches like Greg Schiano, Dino Babers, and more likely James Franklin to throw up that fence around the northeastern states. Imagine if kids from NY, NJ, PA, CT stopped feeling it was in their best interests to go down south for school? Whooooo.

Not gonna lie, I've been waiting for this reckoning on Jim Crow schools for years. I'm shocked this social upheaval is actually working.

One more comment on the above: That's not to say north eastern and west coast schools don't have their own come to jesus moments waiting on the horizon.

UCLA and Cal for instance have a LONG history of racist college admissions practices (at some point 85% of the black males enrolled at UCLA were athletes), and Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, NJ, and Upstate New York have their own histories with racism to contend with.

But it's not baked into the history and identity of the individual schools and towns the way it is in places like Tuscaloosa, Oxford, and Clemson.

Back
Top Bottom