OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Sounding like 8 wks minimum for Tarik Black... Huge loss for an offense that couldn't move the ball thru the air last season.

Nico Collins and others will fill in nicely. And Shea J just need guys to step up. Other than that it’s a loss not a huge loss. Now if Shea gets hurt then it’s panic time.

upload_2018-8-26_21-35-35.gif

Anyone have YouTube tv?

Probably gonna subscribe this week for the season.

How did Chase Winovich not make it on that’l edge defender list? He was on like on 3/5 lists.

Really excited about the defense.

Who, Georgia? Prob 9-3.

JT Daniels starting is a great sign and he'll do great things in the future but anytime you start a true freshman QB (especially one what should still be in HS) you need to recognize that he's gonna make freshman mistakes and probably cost you a game or two.

Meyer’s texts raise open records question for Ohio State
https://apnews.com/82b40d7d1ab44cf09c2f84eefbbbeeb1

Any attempt by Ohio State coach Urban Meyer to eliminate work-related text messages on his university-issued phone to hide information would be illegal, open records experts said following a two-week investigation into his handling of domestic violence allegations against an assistant coach.
---
As murky as the policy seems, Fred Gittes, a veteran open records lawyer in Columbus, said any elimination of texts on Meyer’s university-issued
phone related to his coaching responsibility would break Ohio’s open records law. He also noted that a lack of older text messages would make it difficult to determine whether NCAA recruiting rules were violated.

Open records advocate Dennis Hetzel questioned why investigators didn’t do more to track down any older messages.

“What happened to these text messages seems like a pretty big thing to ignore or not pay a lot of attention to,” said Hetzel, executive director of the Ohio News Media Association.

Tom Mars, an attorney who pried phone records out of the University of Mississippi in a lawsuit on behalf of former Rebels coach Houston Nutt in 2017, questioned why Ohio State couldn’t determine if Meyer deleted text messages from his university phone.

“If you can get possession of the phone, with the right software, the right forensic expert, you can retrieve everything the user thought was deleted,” Mars said.

He added: “I have a lot of respect for the people who oversaw that investigation, but I think they owe the public an explanation why they weren’t able to recover deleted text messages, assuming they made that effort.”

Anyone have YouTube tv?

Probably gonna subscribe this week for the season.

Had it for a brief month, but not sure I can answer your Q's. It was the best of those streaming services, but if you're a sports fan, nothing is worth ****, but DTV. Been that way for years unless you know how to do the illegal or can tolerate the ultra thrifty ****.

Re-watching last seasons NC...Chris Fowler isn't good. Why ESPN didn't dumbo drop the bag to Gus is beyond me.

Tagovailoa plays so much like Mark Brunell.

He will always be the CGD host in my mind. The only commentating he's great at is the Australian Open...so, tennis.

Fowler wanted a promotion though...understandable. He's not a Jackson or Musberger type though..Not even close. I wish ESPN would get it right for once these days.

He will always be the CGD host in my mind. The only commentating he's great at is the Australian Open...so, tennis.

Fowler wanted a promotion though...understandable. He's not a Jackson or Musberger type though..Not even close. I wish ESPN would get it right for once these days.

He forced their hand. They had to promote him or lose him. Plus people weirdly hate Gus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom