OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Officially game week. Not excited at all about what's going on in Gainesville, but hopefully Mullen can start getting some of his system guys in. Looks like Felipe is going to start smh.

nako xl nako xl アミーゴ アミーゴ see y'all fools in ATL on Friday.

He forced their hand. They had to promote him or lose him. Plus people weirdly hate Gus.

Bru is a bad man. Looking forward to seeing him line up on that side against Bosco and the wife's nephew. Big statement game for the young kid.

These are the only times Michigan has had less than 3 losses since 1992 (they tied 3 that year)

This stat is something that cannot be ignored when predicting their season

Meant to post this over the weekend but got tied up

Last play of the game in a 42-0 mopping and there's like 4 crack back blocks :lol:

Last edited:

Nebraska is down to one scholarship QB, and that kid is a true freshman who was out last year with a torn labrum.

His boys tried to tell him but he drank that Urban kool aid.

Is Easton looking to transfer and is he good?

He can play, he led NDSU to the NC during Wentz's senior year when he was hurt for most of it.

There was some buzz on Nebraska boards that he was considering transferring up when Frost got the job (He's a Omaha native) but those never materialized. He's a RS Senior this season.

nako xl nako xl you've been following ND much during this fall camp? I've heard reports that Winbush is struggling and the soccer ball thing but that's about it.

Half the reason I'm as confident as I'am for that game is their QB situation. I'm expecting Winbush to play like a guy on a short leash, and as soon as it's clear his legs aren't going to get him anywhere on this D, Kelly will bring in Book. Hopefully by then it's too late and Michigan will already have a significant lead.

nako xl nako xl you've been following ND much during this fall camp? I've heard reports that Winbush is struggling and the soccer ball thing but that's about it.

Half the reason I'm as confident as I'am for that game is their QB situation. I'm expecting Winbush to play like a guy on a short leash, and as soon as it's clear his legs aren't going to get him anywhere on this D, Kelly will bring in Book. Hopefully by then it's too late and Michigan will already have a significant lead.

Haven’t followed them at all. What’s the soccer ball thing?

Haven’t followed them at all. What’s the soccer ball thing?

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame's quest for a national championship began when players lined up for fourth-and-goal from the 3-yard line during spring practice.

The situation itself wasn't unique. Coaches simulate pressure and game-deciding plays all the time. Yet just before the snap, coach Brian Kelly threw the offense a curveball -- or, actually, a soccer ball.

"Score with a soccer ball," Kelly told the group, placing the ball in front of center Sam Mustipher. "Find a way."

"That was the craziest thing," Mustipher said later. "It kind of shocked me."

The conversion failed, as the soccer ball rolled away. The following day, in the same situation, Kelly pulled Buck linebacker Drue Tranquill, the fulcrum of the defense, off the field, forcing the other 10 to reorganize.

Same message: Find a way.

These displays weren't for Kelly's own amusement. Nor were the horns, sirens and helicopter-propeller whooshing that blared around the field. If it looked, sounded and felt more like chaos than a scripted practice more than four months before the real games kicked off, that meant the plan was working. Matt Balis, the team's strength and conditioning coach, has even orchestrated "chaos workouts" for players, complete with strobe lights.

"We're trying to create an environment of distraction," Kelly told ESPN.com. "I want them out of their comfort zone. As coaches, we practice, practice, practice, practice. Everything's scripted, five minutes for this, five minutes for that. Then, you go in the game, and all hell breaks loose and you're like, 'Whoa!'"

https://abc7chicago.com/sports/brian-kelly-causing-chaos-to-test-notre-dame/4057736/

Back
Top Bottom